Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN (563 Views)

Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers / Fashola: How We Added 400MW To Power Nat Grid Despite Sabotage / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by wisestman(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2016
The quantum of electricity generated in the country fell by over 1,000 megawatts within a space of eight hours on Tuesday.

The Transmission Company of Nigeria stated that the generated electricity dropped by 1,018.5MW between 6am and 3pm.

Data from the System Operator showed that the country generated 2,418.5MW of electricity as of 6am. But in a statement by the TCN around 3pm, the firm noted that the total power generation had dropped to 1,400MW.

The Assistant General Manager, Public Affairs, TCN, Mr. Clement Ezeolisah, said in the statement, “The management of the System Operation/Market Operation of the Transmission Company of Nigeria has alerted that electricity generation into the national grid has dropped to 1,400MW as of Tuesday, 17th of May, 2016.

“The downward trend of electricity generation is due to constraints in the thermal power stations, which have prevented the generators from producing at optimal levels. However, it is noteworthy to report that all stakeholders are working assiduously to achieve improvement in the power supply deliverables. The attendant inconvenience as a result of low power generation is regretted.”

Additional data from the SO, which were obtained by our correspondent in Abuja, showed that the country recorded a peak generation of 2,868.3MW the previous day, while the lowest generation was 2,166.1MW.

The national peak forecast was put at 17,520MW, while the total installed and available capacities for the country were 11,165.4MW and 7,139.6MW, respectively.

Officials of the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing attributed the constraints faced by thermal power generating plants to the persistent poor supply of gas to fire up the gas turbines, stressing that the vandalisation of pipelines in recent times had massively hit the sector negatively

SOURCE: http://punchng.com/power-generation-crashes-1400mw-tcn/

1 Share

Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by pendusky(m): 10:51am On May 18, 2016
Years Ago Fashola said this!

The Governor also said that the PDP-controlled Federal Government has also orchestrated about how it made the country “the biggest economy in Africa”, wondering why smaller economies could provide electricity for their people while the self acclaimed “biggest economy” could keep her people in darkness. grin
(Now I am paying 5000 naira monthly against 1500 before yet no 24/7 light) grin

“Please ask them why smaller economies could get petrol easily for their people and why we have to queue grin for hours and days to get petrol in a biggest economy in Africa,” the Governor said.

(Now we are crying on queue for months not even days, after months of suffering on queue they whip us to buy @145 grin)

He also wondered why the so-called biggest economy in Africa is trying to buy arms from a smaller economy to secure the country. grin

( Now our PMB is going to Chad and Niger for arms)

He pointed out that the nation’s currency, the Naira, is now trading for N180 grin per Dollar while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar.

(Now we are trading for 345 grin)

According to Fashola, what matters is the quality of the life and prosperity of the citizens and not the size or number being bandied by the PDP-led government.
Governor Fashola tasked the people to figure out the last time the President went to present the Annual Budget in the National Assembly, an obligation which, according to him, is a constitutional one.
The Governor also said that the Federal Government also played politics with the Ebola Virus Disease containment as it almost turned the very grave situation into a political trophy.

(GEJ defeated Ebola like David defeated Goliath so what is he saying? grin )

http://thenationonlineng.net/jonathan-must-not-re-elected-fashola/

grin grin grin

God bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan where ever he is.

Zombies take over! grin

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by youngeagle(m): 10:56am On May 18, 2016
They keep making my hero a great man,everything GEJ left for this Dullard is in shambles instead of building he is destroying.
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by willyede(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2016
This is getting scary as i only see light for 2hours now after 1am to about to 3am
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by busybrain123(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2016
It's now two weeks no light not even a flash from NEPA....I wonder what happen to buhari steady power supply promised. undecided
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by okezed: 11:21am On May 18, 2016
It's less than 1,400mw. since I came to Lagos I never stayed two weeks without light but here come new record via baba/fash combination
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by vizboy(m): 11:29am On May 18, 2016
Come this is serious matter.

Anybody that knows the Manager of BEDC should Talk to him oh.

For close to a month now No Light In Auchi Edo state. It Becoming Too Much Oh.

Tomorrow Thursday will make It One Month Since We Last Saw Light In Auchi.
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by otukpo(f): 11:39am On May 18, 2016
We once had a minister of power - Nnaji

Now what we have is a minister of darkness
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by Mikehell(m): 12:02pm On May 18, 2016
Thank God say rain don dey pour,if not eeehn some peep go dey experience hell on earth
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by eleojo23: 12:04pm On May 18, 2016
Electricity generation is not rocket science - Fashola (before elections)

But it seems it has become more than rocket science.
Re: Power Generation Crashes To 1,400MW – TCN by AustineE1: 1:54pm On May 18, 2016
willyede:
This is getting scary as i only see light for 2hours now after 1am to about to 3am
you must be living in Aso Rock for you to still have 2hrs of electricity daily,as for me,i have ve been powering my house and office for like months now.
I know there are areas without electricity since late last year.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo : Their Nightmare And Enigmatic / BREAKING: Metuh Has Case To Answer, Appeal Court Rules / Petition To EFCC Against Jonathan A Hoax – Metuh’s Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.