Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,131 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? (28758 Views)

These new estates are located on perfectly dry lands and are devoid of omo-onile / Benefits Of Buying Properties From Real Estate Companies Rather Than Omo Onile / The Best Estate To Buy From In Ibeju Lekki .Safe from Omo onile. check video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by phoenix480(m): 11:25am On May 18, 2016
Omo Onile, Ajagungbale, Land Grabbers, whatever else they are called have also been a menace to Land Owners for several decades. They range from family members of the original land owner, membes of the community or plain Opportunistic Thugs.

Their modus operandi is to disrupt activities of Land Owners, or forcefully infringe themselves on other people’s Lands. They are usuaully armed with weapons and sometimes work with Enforcement agencies. In more affulent areas like the Lekki-axis, these thugs are more dangerous and powerful, riding around in luxury SUV vehicles, demanding for outrageous amounts.

Unfortunately, I have been involved with these groups of individuals in my personal land endeavours. The “Ajagungbales” are a group that forcefully collect other people’s lands. Openly confronting them can lead to violent, deadly encounters (remember the issue of the death of Lekki Free Trade Zone Managing Director, Bola Disu when called to resolve some land dispute). These Guys have “confisticated” large parcels of Land in Ikorodu, include mine. These Gang of about 200 people are armed with weaponry to the teeth, so visiting is not even an option.

Seems like the Lagos state government are ready to implement a Bill to curtail the activities of these scourge. Unfortunately, [b]the punishment upon successful conviction – only N300,000 fine.[b]
Even the traditional leader of Ikorodu, the Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Kabir Adewale Shotobi, called the fine “too meagre”. Enforcement of the Bill is another project on its own.

So it looks like Land grabbing is not going to end in Lagos anytime soon…

Source: Naija Villas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by websuccess(m): 3:22pm On May 18, 2016
Talk about Snake, Celebrities in cool zone...

Those will make front-page.

6 Likes

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Speakdatruth: 6:38am On May 19, 2016
to handle dos guys is simple, wot I did was to engage my military brother. I placed a sign post Military Zone Keep Off n dats all. who wan die?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by truthspeaks: 6:39am On May 19, 2016
For where? My question is whr/who do they remit d collected money to cos I wn2 believe thr wld powerful individuals behind
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by buzquet(m): 6:39am On May 19, 2016
If you are rugged in Lagos, u can earn your living with ease.

Agbero are another nightmare in Lagos too

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Gkay1(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2016
life na per head
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by koladebrainiac(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2016
Nice
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by ngmgeek(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2016
Na so
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:40am On May 19, 2016
Hmmmm I will like it to end because the purpose is misused.
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by illuminaty(m): 6:41am On May 19, 2016
That is ehn....this omo nile can trouble person die.....tufiakwa!
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by ichidodo: 6:41am On May 19, 2016
Tis never a wonder tis always known as no man's land hence this disturbing and chaotic menace......most of these miscreants are just touts,layabouts and opportunistic thugs who arent indigenes but all have an eye for making a quick buck.....

10 Likes

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by AYOdeji2102: 6:41am On May 19, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by skywalker001(m): 6:41am On May 19, 2016
Next topic pls...
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2016
thief-nubu and his boys will not like this. that thief-nubu na heavy fraud, the guy will just look for a particular undeveloped environment and install his own fake traditional ruler there to be his own eyes in those areas, if u like make e be quarter plot of land u wan buy, my brother u must pay that traditional ruler and the money is going straight to that thief-nubu. nobody thief fantastically reach thief-nubu for the whole universe. zombie quote me and see thunder from above.

modify: so the thing no go end soon? thief-nubu will love this.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by jnrbayano(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2016
I haven't seen where laziness and unlawful covetousness is being so proud of like the ones these touts exhibit in Lagos by same group of people.

The strength used in touting far outweighs that used in being useful.

I wonder.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by phiszo(m): 6:42am On May 19, 2016
Jj
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:42am On May 19, 2016
huh
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by datola: 6:42am On May 19, 2016
Long jail term is what is needed to curb their criminal activities.

Ambode will go in history as an outstanding governor if he is able to eradicate the menace of omo onile and agbero alike.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Okemmuo(m): 6:43am On May 19, 2016
Hhmm
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by opalu: 6:43am On May 19, 2016
Great
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2016
This is the same thing as armed robbery. Bunch of lazy bastards

1 Like

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by amichaelz101(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2016
their treat pass military
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by bewla(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2016
cant be but let me read first
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Badgers14: 6:46am On May 19, 2016
This omonile and co.. Do discourage investors.....
What pains me is that, they don't go after the big shots, they only go after the average Joe's embarassed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by Amberon11: 6:47am On May 19, 2016
This sh!t may be worse in PH. Very soon people would pay money just to walk on roads.
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by MrPresident1: 6:47am On May 19, 2016
Ajagungbale never jam Agbogunleri

3 Likes

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by VocalWalls: 6:48am On May 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:49am On May 19, 2016
guest12345:
Hmmmm I will like it to end because the purpose is misused.
What purpose? They have no purpose.

1 Like

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:49am On May 19, 2016
phoenix480:
Omo Onile, Ajagungbale, Land Grabbers, whatever else they are called have also been a menace to Land Owners for several decades. They range from family members of the original land owner, membes of the community or plain Opportunistic Thugs.

Their modus operandi is to disrupt activities of Land Owners, or forcefully infringe themselves on other people’s Lands. They are usuaully armed with weapons and sometimes work with Enforcement agencies. In more affulent areas like the Lekki-axis, these thugs are more dangerous and powerful, riding around in luxury SUV vehicles, demanding for outrageous amounts.

Unfortunately, I have been involved with these groups of individuals in my personal land endeavours. The “Ajagungbales” are a group that forcefully collect other people’s lands. Openly confronting them can lead to violent, deadly encounters (remember the issue of the death of Lekki Free Trade Zone Managing Director, Bola Disu when called to resolve some land dispute). These Guys have “confisticated” large parcels of Land in Ikorodu, include mine. These Gang of about 200 people are armed with weaponry to the teeth, so visiting is not even an option.

Seems like the Lagos state government are ready to implement a Bill to curtail the activities of these scourge. Unfortunately, [b]the punishment upon successful conviction – only N300,000 fine.[b]
Even the traditional leader of Ikorodu, the Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Kabir Adewale Shotobi, called the fine “too meagre”. Enforcement of the Bill is another project on its own.

So it looks like Land grabbing is not going to end in Lagos anytime soon…

Source: Naija Villas

Good news

1 Like

Re: The End Of Omo Onile In Lagos? by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:50am On May 19, 2016
Badgers14:
This omonile and co.. Do discourage investors.....
What pains me is that, they don't go after the big shots, they only go after the average Joe's embarassed embarassed

Excertly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landlord In Enugu State Locks Court Over Arrears Of Rent / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / Three Storey Building On Fire In Anambra State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.