Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I (439 Views)

Buhari Orders The Immediate Restoration Of Security Aides To Governor Obiano / Fayose At Zenith Bank To Demand For His Money (More Photos) / Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I by lawani: 12:58pm On May 18, 2016
THE 1967 YORUBA MINIMUM DEMAND FOR CONTROL OF SECURITY SHOULD BE UPPED TO FULL INDEPENDENCE FOR ALL

I came across a pre civil war speech in which Chief Awolowo restated that the Western state, Lagos and the Midwest were totally resolved that the crisis between the North and the East be resolved in a civil manner. He stated that any declaration of war must be unanimously underwritten by Lagos, West, North and the Midwest. The North declared war and were attacking the East from the North and they would have failed or even lost territory to the Easterners eventually if the Easterners had not drawn the West and the Midwest into the war by invading their territories. They occupied the Midwest losing less than 100 soldiers in the course of doing that, then brazenly moved into Yoruba land which was defended by the Yoruba who repelled them forcing them into full retreat. Colonel Mohammed then pursued them from Okene to Auchi to Benin, driving them out of the Midwest. The Third Marine Commando also sailed from Apapa, Lagos under Col Adekunle to land in Calabar, sealing the fate of the Easterners. The Easterners went to war basically because the East was divided by the Gowon regime, though undemocratically. The Midwest on the other hand was divided from the West democratically, the only state thus created in Nigeria representing Delta and Edo state today. If the Eastern minorities were not given independence from the East, maybe Biafra or the East would not have gone to war. That is the civil war from another perspective. It must be noted that there was no escaping giving the Eastern minorities independence because as it happened in the West, leading to the creation of the Midwest, it would also have happened in the East and North even under a democracy. The AG in alliance with others would have seized power and effected it if the NPC/NCNC alliance continued to refuse to play ball.

The position of the West back then was that all military and police personnel be reposted to their region of origin. Let Idomas be the police and military on Idoma land, Igalas on Igala land, Igbos on Igbo land. So that Yorubas or Igbos will not be able to gang up in Kano to cause mayhem because their son is the President. That was the position of the West in 1967 but this position should be upped nowadays. Military and police in Igala, Yoruba and etc must come from those places and they must have their own governments and proportional UN representative. If the Yoruba are not using thesame currency with the Chinese or Europeans, then there is absolutely no need for the Yorubas to be using thesame currency with Hausas, Igbos and etc.

That was the Yoruba position in 1967 which should be upped to full independence for all nationalities in Nigeria in 2016. Enough of marking time on one spot for decades.

1 Like

Re: The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I by funstufz: 1:07pm On May 18, 2016
THE SOURCE OF THE DOCUMENT PLEASE
Re: The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I by Balkan(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2016
Chai! Ndi ofe are bad. Always sitting on the fence.

This is trash!
Re: The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I by lawani: 2:04pm On May 18, 2016
Balkan:
Chai! Ndi ofe are bad. Always sitting on the fence.

This is trash!

Sitting on the fence as per what? Even you as an Igbo man know the best thing for Yoruba and others is to go it alone. So what is the sitting on the fence there? What do you mean by sitting on the fence my friend?
Re: The 1967 Yoruba Minimum Demand For Control Of Security Should Be Upped To Full I by lawani: 2:17pm On May 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Doubts Over ‘second Rescued Chibok Girl’ After First Release / Unbelievable: Senator Sani And Gov El-rufai Settle Rift? / May 25, Today In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.