Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. (32012 Views)

Which Bank ATM Works For International Transaction / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 7:03am On May 19, 2016
Who even uses them for international transaction when GTB is there?
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Rowlandjude(m): 7:03am On May 19, 2016
david22uu:

I dey campaigning for you to be the president of the association... abi u no wan dey chop subsidy
Pls pls pls am too holy am not corrupt cool
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by WebclickNG: 7:06am On May 19, 2016
Don't blame me if I have 20 ATM
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by 989900B: 7:06am On May 19, 2016
There is no forex, but there is over $27b capable of covering over 12 months of imports and settlements, especially with oil marketers off the CBN and all the restrictions here and there . . . I don't get this . . . undecided
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 7:07am On May 19, 2016
wink

check my signature
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Calbarian(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2016
I dont mean to be rude but, have you tried to not say ''JACK ROBINSON'' every time you recharge, just to see what happens?
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Pennywise(m): 7:09am On May 19, 2016
coolsix:

Lol

That is the mistake you guys are making. CBN DID NOT GIVE ANY DIRECTIVE THAT SAYS BANKS SHOULD RESTRICT CUSTOMER CARDS! The banks are acting on their own discretion or their own forex issues not CBN. My own bank sent me a mail just a few days ago(about 3 days) telling me that my monthly spending limit for USD on my naira card has INCREASED! If the bank has plan to join this restriction, i doubt that it would have sent its customers that email.

P.s i just finished with my bank phone customer care and they said they do not have plans to restrict! smiley

Which is your bank? Pls tell me so I can dump this no good Nigerian Diamond.
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by femeritus: 7:15am On May 19, 2016
coolsix:

Lol

That is the mistake you guys are making. CBN DID NOT GIVE ANY DIRECTIVE THAT SAYS BANKS SHOULD RESTRICT CUSTOMER CARDS! The banks are acting on their own discretion or their own forex issues not CBN. My own bank sent me a mail just a few days ago(about 3 days) telling me that my monthly spending limit for USD on my naira card has INCREASED! If the bank has plan to join this restriction, i doubt that it would have sent its customers that email.

P.s i just finished with my bank phone customer care and they said they do not have plans to restrict! smiley

Yeah, I got the same from my bank. They are increasing their spending limit. I don't think it's a general issue.
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by spartacuz: 7:15am On May 19, 2016
Diamond bank ehn... I won't say anything, I just don't like that my bank. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Laredojohn(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2016
Hmm I guess its diamond and some few, GTB increased my spending limit internationally some weeks ago, I still paid with my Stanbic Yesterday, it's not all banks, sure of that
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 7:22am On May 19, 2016
Forex scarce but they won't allow us receive forex into the country through PayPal. Bunch of fools.

I no a number of people who make over $1k everyday through freelancing and they are being forced to use their money to buy stuff online cos our useless policy makers don't want us to repatriate the funds home through PayPal. Isn't that great?

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by allaboutobed(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2016
20dollars:
Note that your naira debit/credit card no longer working abroad for foreign currency also for international purchase on web . Your card is as good as useless now in abroad .
I hope this things get better soon in Nigeria .
I chatted with uba CFC they also said the same .
ok
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by babyfaceafrica: 7:31am On May 19, 2016
OP na alarmist...not all banks jhoor..na the mumu diamond u dey use

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Coldfeets: 7:31am On May 19, 2016
Martins301:
Forex scarce but they won't allow us receive forex into the country through PayPal. Bunch of fools.

I no a number of people who make over $1k everyday through freelancing and they are being forced to use their money to buy stuff online cos our useless policy makers don't want us to repatriate the funds home through PayPal. Isn't that great?

Do you even know what you're saying?

So you think it's the government policy that is preventing you from receiving your PayPal funds?

Please don't make me laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Tundeiab(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2016
coolsix:
You make it seem like its everybody. It's only diamond bank.

My own naira debit card is working. Infact I just made a payment now to confirm. My other bank said only Benin Republic but verve will work but foreign usd, naira card still working perfectly.

I withdrew 500$ from a foreign sites into my zenith bank account yesterday. The next thing was that my account was blocked from international transactions.

I tire for this APC led government o.

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 7:33am On May 19, 2016
VocalWalls:
Okpari.

undecided

Who cares?

My watch is already ended. angry
grin Night Watchman, or should I say Woman of the night's Watch
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by BluStreak(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2016
Just yesterday I used my GTBank Naira Mastercard for an international transaction. The exchange was high though, N315.6 instead of the N299 advertised by abokifx.com

It just might be a diamond bank thing sha. Let's just hope it's really a DB thing cos it's gonna be messy if it's a general thing.
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by icon8: 7:34am On May 19, 2016
YoursGEJ:
This is completely illegal. I'm spending my money not their own so who are they to tell me that I cannot use my own money?

The thunder wey go fire diamond bank dey chop 8 wraps of fufu for iya basira canteen. Them go gather for me and my bank manager today angry
Spending your money? No, sir! Your money is the Naira you deposited in your account, which you are free to draw anytime in Naira. Allowing you to draw and/or spend that money in other currencies is a privilege, not a right. If you have any doubts about this, kindly check the T&C section of any bank's account opening package.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by GWMI(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2016
For all those supporting PMB my question is, will all this tough policies affect Zahra?will Aisha not have money to spend extravengantly?then who are they fooling?you are very hypocritical only God will help you APC supporters.Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by proeast(m): 7:35am On May 19, 2016
20dollars:
Note that your naira debit/credit card no longer working abroad for foreign currency also for international purchase on web . Your card is as good as useless now in abroad .
I hope this things get better soon in Nigeria .
I chatted with uba CFC they also said the same .
The hardship seems to be worsening with each passing day. Recession now appears inevitable. Who is going to salvage Nigeria from this impending doom?
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by iwatch: 7:39am On May 19, 2016
YoursGEJ:
This is completely illegal. I'm spending my money not their own so who are they to tell me that I cannot use my own money?

The thunder wey go fire diamond bank dey chop 8 wraps of fufu for iya basira canteen. Them go gather for me and my bank manager today angry
it shows how ignorant you are to beginning with. Dude, do you know how money is exchanged physically after every transaction you make online?
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by iwatch: 7:40am On May 19, 2016
david22uu:

which bank u dey use abeg
it's GTB. I got same sms about 2 weeks ago. But ATM withdrawal is still at $300 per day and online spending has increased to $3000 per day.

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by PrinceAfo911(m): 7:41am On May 19, 2016
Hope it will not affect Facebook page ad?
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by VocalWalls: 7:43am On May 19, 2016
Nnaabros:
grin Night Watchman, or should I say Woman of the night's Watch

All that guard the wall are men.
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:44am On May 19, 2016
modath:

Seriously? Where is the forex? Stone qua? smiley

The choice is between giving Manufacturers for raw materials & machineries which will save jobs or our individual & personal uses.

I believe CBN chose the option that will benefit the economy more.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/16/man-commends-cbn-for-forex-allocation-to-members/
Do you know Ao many business not under MAN & moreover no commercial bank is giving her customers forex at official price even though they get it at official price. They all sell above #300 except one or two. Some even rival with black market rate so if they are closing shop with the useless over hyped rate they have been using to rob us make them gerrout

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 7:47am On May 19, 2016
VocalWalls:

All that guard the wall are men.
grin grin Wow, your head dey there!
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:48am On May 19, 2016
icon8:

Spending your money? No, sir! Your money is the Naira you deposited in your account, which you are free to draw anytime in Naira. Allowing you to draw and/or spend that money in other currencies is a privilege, not a right. If you have any doubts about this, kindly check the T&C section of any bank's account opening package.
Guess you forget the forex belongs to us all not a certain class. The forex should be available for me to buy at government designated locations without going through all dix stress & one of such place happens to be the bank cox telling me its a privilege is like saying if I want to travel to the USA its a privilege for the government to provide USD for my naira as well yet they have unhindered access to it so what are we saying?

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by AleAirHub(m): 7:53am On May 19, 2016
Who cares... infact that will make me put more energy & resources to increase my earns online & convert it for my day to day activities...
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by bigtt76(f): 7:54am On May 19, 2016
Customer care agents are dumb. They know nothing until they are advised. Don't take their word for it.

coolsix:

Lol

Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by bigtt76(f): 7:58am On May 19, 2016
Haba? They no longer allow inflow or what?

I think this issue might not be unconnected to the recent EFCC harassment of banks on their excessive charges on foreign transactions using the Naira debit cards following complaints by customers. undecided

Tundeiab:

I withdrew 500$ from a foreign sites into my zenith bank account yesterday. The next thing was that my account was blocked from international transactions.

I tire for this APC led government o.
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 8:05am On May 19, 2016
Ministry of First Bank sent me the message.

Patronize mad in Nigeria goods, stop wasting our forex on frivolities, the developed countries you so much foolishly admire are where they are because their citizens patronize their local economies. cheesy
Re: Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. by Nobody: 8:05am On May 19, 2016
Coldfeets:

Do you even know what you're saying?

So you think it's the government policy that is preventing you from receiving your PayPal funds?

Please don't make me laugh.

Oga we have contacted PayPal several times about it and they said the issue is not with them that they were only allowed to operate partially by our government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business Can I Start With 50,000, Please Advise Me / Bitcoin Value Falls After China Declares Crypto-Currency Transactions Illegal / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.