Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigerian Government Should Support Athletes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Government Should Support Athletes (642 Views)

Eagles Train As Nigerian Government Approves Bonus Payment / Despite Troubles, Tiger Still Highest-paid Athlete.list Of Top Ten Athletes: / Seven World Athletes Who Squandered Their Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Should Support Athletes by lipuka(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2009
I am not Nigerian,and I know of many Nigerians who would say I should keep off Nigerian affairs. But I love Africa, Nigeria included. The World athletics championships are going on in Berlin, Germany, but Nigerians are not saying much about the poor performance. They should, and if they don't I will. It was very sad to hear a Nigerian athlete, being interviewed on BBC on 17th August, and complaining of lack of support for Nigerian athletes by their Government. Nigeria is a leading sports country in Africa, with the highest population,and yet it is my country Kenya, and Ethiopia which are leading in the medal hunt. Doesn't Nigeria have an athletics association? And if it is there, what are they doing? Or did they travel to Berlin for shopping as usual?

IF THE SPORTS OFFICIALS CANNOT DO THE JOB, LET THEM RESIGN AND LEAVE THOSE WHO HAVE NIGERIA'S INTEREST AT HEART DO THE JOB

The athletes have a right to be taken care of by their Government. They love their country. That is why they dorn their country colours, even if it means they lose. We should not have athletes complaining about being neglected. And as an African, I expect Nigeria to bag medals in these games. And will cheer them just as much as I cheer athletes from Kenya

(1) (Reply)

Npl Approves 4 Stadia For League Play / Bravo The Big Heart. / Togo Withdraw From Africa Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.