Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Weep,for Nlc Is In A State Of Coma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weep,for Nlc Is In A State Of Coma (462 Views)

I Weep For My State Ebonyi By Wisdomkosi / Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President / Kaduna APC To Sanction Shehu Sani Over Support For NLC Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Weep,for Nlc Is In A State Of Coma by chivic(m): 1:24am On May 19, 2016
With the recent happenings in our beloved country one will feel so sad that NLC who is meant to defend the common man against some harsh economic policy are thoroughly confused and seems not to have any sense of direction.
    A lot of questions run through my mind,some of which are: Are this current leaders of NLC educated? do they have common sense? ‎Did they current NLC leader join activism  because he has the passion for it or because their is money in it? do they strategize at all? do the consult at all?do they know their function at all? why are they in the hurry when they are not ready? just to mention a few.

I'm highly disappointed ‎,that the current NLC chairman has no drive, lacks the charisma  of a union leader,can not articulate or convince his supposed followers, has no analytical reasoning.A man that can not tell Nigerians why the should go on strike.
   Only recently,the price of diesel was increased,he kept quiet,the  ‎price of kerosene increased,he kept quiet,only to wake up from sleep when the price of petrol was increased. Sadly,he could not even negotiate successfully with other trade union group so they could speak as one. 
    HIS MANY CRIMES 
  1) He knew he had an opposition factional leader and could not take him to court and get a court pronouncements ‎against him so as to have one official central command. Unfortunately for him our smart government capitalized on it(even though they know the true leader) and was able to send a wonderful information that one of the NLC faction is not going on strike there by portraying NLC as not being united. If I was the government I will do the same.

2)Government trough the PPPRA‎ have claimed that if subsidy is removed the price should be 98.62naira ,however in other to open up the market for other business people to come in while souring for Forex else where, it was good to make the pricing attractive and as such a minimum of 135 naira and a maximum of 145 naira  was proposed and implemented. Successfully explaining to Nigerians that the price mechanism will force down the price. However,I expected the NLC chairman to argue that if government is sincere,then let the NNPC not sell PMS above 100 since the have access to  to dollars from CBN at the official rate and all the refined crude from our 3 refineries goes to them.By so doing, even when other business men come in,they will gradually be reducing their selling  price to remain competitive and gradually, the prices will come down.This is because a normal Nigeria business dealer  will not reduce price even when cost reduces and will prefer,to make "excesive profit.

3) Since there is a general rise in price of goods and services,it makes great sence ‎to increase minimum wage. 

NLC should have come out with this  position :we support fuel subsidy removal,but insist that the NNPC should not sell for more than 100 naira,and the 145 naira be reduced to a more reasonable amount of like 110 /115 naira and a new minimum wage be demanded that is reasonable. 
    what this will do is that automatically, NLC will have technically dragged all civil servants and other workers who are interested in the rise in pay to meet up with the current challenges.Again all other groups that are pulling out will not be able to pull out because is either they are for reduction in petrol price,or the are in support of minimum wage increase.This will automatically created more support, more increase in support and force etc.‎
 ‎ From what I see,the technical  knock out given to NLC has placed them in a state of COMA and they may never survive with this crop of leaders.I recommend that he should be impeached immediately even in his state of Coma and a vibrant knowledgeable activist should emerge.Not just for the current challenge on ground but for future challenges and for the good of the country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Mother Of 3 Escapes From Boko Haram Captors After Being Abducted & Drugged.. / Accounts Of Ghost Workers Discovered In Kogi State / Holding The Government Accountable To It's Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.