Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure (34556 Views)

Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos) / Autopsy Of A Drug Mule: Stay Out Of Hard Drugs (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Autopsy Conducted On Ronke Shonde, Police Invite Alleged Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Onegai(f): 9:04am On May 19, 2016
tearoses:

Meanwhile when that lawyer stabbed her husband to death, and she alleged that he was cheating she was still blamed and called a jealous murderess.

Anyway 1 finger pointing and 4 pointing back

They all have sisters and female relatives.

My dear, it is baffling. Sometimes, I think that some female posters in Family section are being too shrieky and overwrought, that it's not that bad. Then a case like this comes up and you see it was actually worse than they imagined and their anger was totally justified.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Shym3xx: 9:04am On May 19, 2016
damogul:
The kind of head trauma being described by the autopsy report indicates to me that this kind does not kill immediately. Prior to her death she had been on a weekend sex trip and stressed out or ruptured a nerve in her head due to probable multi orgasms as she claimed her lover wore her out and did her the edible caterers way.

If the report says the water in the head could not have been caused by the physical injuries she had on her then that frees the husband 100%. No law court anywhere can hold him for her death just by that report except new facts emerge nailing him.

She was away all weekend and anything could have happened while she was away with her lover... she could have slipped and fell on the tiles or hit her head on the bed post in the passion of the moment or her lover may have even been the one who smacked her around a bit in the name of kinky sex.

In law there is what is known as "reasonable doubt" and this case has reasonable doubt. The husband is a free man. CASE CLOSED!

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by skywalker001(m): 9:05am On May 19, 2016
acada111:

Why are u taking it personal?
cuz I hate hypocrite and I hope u no dey among
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Onegai(f): 9:06am On May 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

If NL women were as irrational, then there would have been more murders of husbands in Nigeria. All the women stabbing their husbands to death or burning them to death would have been justified. We would soon have more cases of husbands been poisoned to death by their wives for cheating.
I still can't understand why anyone supports violence against someone else

Because she's a woman. And in their eyes, women are nonsense if they're not towing the line. So it's okay in their eyes to beat and kill her. Look at how many of them have slapped their girlfriends and wives, in order to "correct" her and ask them if they have slapped their younger brothers and male cousins in order to correct those ones and see the difference in their replies.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:06am On May 19, 2016
Nelkoko:
All dis mumu nairaland girls n woman wrappers 4 nairaland don insult n conclude say him kill him wife..... Una don see d result?
can't you read? Can't you see injuries in the head? What causes injuries in the head if not beating? What is wrong with you guyz trying so hard to vindicate a killer? Do you pray same fate for your children? Arghhhh. Abi did dey tell you she had history of head injuries? Wth!!
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:07am On May 19, 2016
angels09:
Respiratory seizure caused by what? Strangulation? Suffocation? Give us something definite or keep quiet quacks!

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by freshvine(f): 9:10am On May 19, 2016
montezz:

Nollywood and telemundo series don brainwash you gan o. What a shallow assumption.
Ur argument are not constructive and I'm sure you are willing a recipient of domestic violent from the stupid thing you got married to.[color=#550000][/color]

What do you understand by "domestic violence"?

I guess you may think it's just beating and two fighting?

Cheating is an emotional domestic violence. The man suffers psychologically. Begin to build up High Blood Pressure and before you know it complications set in. In no distant time he began to suffer cardiac arrest and then one day he slump and dies.

You cry and tell friends and family that your husband just slump and died. His envies will tell snoopers maybe he was a cult member no wonder he was doing well and they had taken him.

Little did you know your cheating action a year ago killed him.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:13am On May 19, 2016
dragonking2:
Where are those illiterate feminists and women ass lickers that were judging this man before the autopsy? They should bury their head in shame.
so, not supporting a killer makes one a feminist. The way you silly sissy try so hard to condescend on anything and everything women makes one wonder if truly you have mothers at home. Despicable bunch. Just wait, your daughter will be meted the same treatment; by then you will know the exact way to react.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Nobody: 9:13am On May 19, 2016
introvertedsoul:

Could she have fallen from other issues unconnected/unrelated to her husband?
certainly people fall everyday. . . I don't think anyone plans on falling, but we do nevertheless.
crime scene investigation will determine that, but he said he slapped her and she fell, and that he left her where she fell...i think
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:16am On May 19, 2016
skywalker001:
if u'r not contented wit d result u can go 2 hell and ask d victim d cause of her death...
silly statement from a potential killer. Continue! You won't even have the grace Lekan has, u will be meted with jungle justice. Disgusting bunch.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by damogul: 9:18am On May 19, 2016
Shym3xx:

My bro even the Police knows the man has no case to answer which is why they are now shifting to check his mental stability. Pls the man should hire me as his lead council for this case.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by cybriz82(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2016
Dude go bk n read d main story I aint coverin for no party here.bein d man or d victim.he said d wife held iz shirt on d stair he push her hand away frm her n went upstair.mayb dat wz went she fell hittin her head who knw.all dis nigeria police sef with der half invesigation n guessin.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Shym3xx: 9:33am On May 19, 2016
---
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Shym3xx: 9:33am On May 19, 2016
Norajones:
The choices we make are what we become. She made the wrong choice and now it has taken her 6ft under. Never get married to someone whom you don't understand and doesn't understands you either. Never stay in an abusive marriage even if you've got 100 kids and they are all a day old. RIP

Err, I think it's always nice to follow a story diligently before giving an opinion. I followed the story from the beginning but never posted a comment cos issues involving loss of lives are sensitive issues and it's wrong to apply insensitivity/judgement when giving an opinion on such issues...

From the various statements by different people, the lady (God bless her soul) didn't make the wrong choice since according to folks around them: they're a loving and happy couple. Also, the man isn't the abusive type. So it's most likely a case of a one-off anger that turned fatal. If you know anything about anger, or folks who seldom get angry - then you would know that they're the type not to be provoked cos anger has a way of getting the best of them. And more time, when they come back to their senses - it's always too late.

Also, the report is inconclusive based on the vague autopsy report. Respiratory seizure can stem from cardiac arrest, epileptic attack, restrained respiration, and even cerebral malfunction. So nothing in the report affirmed that the man killed her. They need to check her medical history if she has epilepsy and also do further tests. And you can't rule out suicide as well. Sometimes, people do take their own lives after committing a shameful act.

All in all, in whatever decision the court of law makes, the children have to be the priority. If naij doesn't have a proper welfare body to look after the children - they shouldn't take the man away from the kids and leave them out there at the mercy of this cold world to fend for themselves.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:36am On May 19, 2016
mukhcech:

Many people dont know that some womenn can turn a seeminly gentle man to a beast. Women know this fact.
no man can be turned to a beast! A beast is a beast and should do the times of his crimes. It's irresponsibility to blame someone else for one's actions. There is always a way out. divorce. Separation. Break up. Nothing is by force. Everyone should be responsible for their actions.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by PelicanPrince: 9:37am On May 19, 2016
I think the husband in question will be charged simply for manslaughter, maybe a three months jail sentence and det free. My readons are simple, this incident happened in Nigeria, and our constitution accomodates correcting (spanking) ones wife provided it doesnt cause grievous harm to tje wife. Now, he claims he only slapped his wife and to me thats correcting his wife according the law hed allowed to do so. Secondly the autopsy state clearly that him slapping (correcting) his wife did not cause grievous harm (death) but an edema in her head. The cause of a brain edema could be head trauma , low blood sodium (hyponatremia), high altitude, brain tumors , or an obstruction to fluid drainage (hydrocephalus). Headaches, confusion, and unconsciousness or
coma can be symptoms of cereral edema.
I think what happened in this case is when she got caught, the wife surely mustve been stressed up, also not forgetting her eventful weekend which she wouldnt have gotten over yet, with everything mixing up in her head and the slapps from the husband and all the confusion around her must have overwhelmed her and eventually led to her death.
A simple example is the headaches we all have when we are stressed, its caused by some form of pressure in the brain.
To answer the square question why he went into hiding initiay, I think it was fear but when he learnt about:

Section 55(1)(d). Correction of Child, Pupil, Servant or Wife.
(1) Nothing is an offence which does
not amount to the infliction of grievous hurt upon any persons which is done :
(a) by a parent or guardian for the purpose of correcting his child or ward . . .
(b) by a schoolmaster for the purpose of correcting a child . . .
(c) by a master for the purpose of
correcting his servant or apprentice . . .
(d) by a husband for the purpose of correcting his wife , s
uch husband and wife being subject to any native law or custom in which such correction is recognized as lawful. Just my tot
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by damogul: 9:37am On May 19, 2016
Onegai:

Because she's a woman. And in their eyes, women are nonsense if they're not towing the line. So it's okay in their eyes to beat and kill her. Look at how many of them have slapped their girlfriends and wives, in order to "correct" her and ask them if they have slapped their younger brothers and male cousins in order to correct those ones and see the difference in their replies.

This is not about being emotional or because the deceased is female this is about facts. You being female are also being emotional as this happened to one of same gender but to me thats not being realistic. What most people just want to hear and read about is a man beats his wife and they want to hang him by his balls but nobody wants to know why he even got pushed to the extent of doing so... yes I said PUSHED because most men would never raise their handson their wives but women are in a league of their own when it comes to provoking reactions from men.

If the landlady testified of his quiet nature and he also said he loved the wife so much so that he even got her a car though yet enroute and if he said (without being coerced) that he slapped her under provocation then he is being somewhat honest if all that had been confirmed. His kids are old enough to say if daddy beats mummy often and if mummy was home all weekend.

All facts right now point that the husband isnt culpable because if he said he slapped her and the pathology report says his slap wasnt what caused the water in her head then he has no case. He would probably be taken for counselling and then released. HE IS A FREE MAN.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by montezz(f): 9:38am On May 19, 2016
freshvine:

What do you understand by "domestic violence"?

I guess you may think it's just beating and two fighting?

Cheating is an emotional domestic violence. The man suffers psychologically. Begin to build up High Blood Pressure and before you know it complications set in. In no distant time he began to suffer cardiac arrest and then one day he slump and dies.

You cry and tell friends and family that your husband just slump and died. His envies will tell snoopers maybe he was a cult member no wonder he was doing well and they had taken him.

Little did you know your cheating action a year ago killed him.
What are you saying? What are the grounds for divorce/ separation? Stop defend trash. If you can't cope,why not leave the marriage? There is no justification for murder...no justification for physical violence. If ur hubby discovers such with I,U can stay there and let him beat you to death because he is going through emotional trauma. I will gladly comment on ur thread.
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:40am On May 19, 2016
ULSHERLAN:
Thank God i wasn't quick to judge the husband

Never did and never will

Where is sister Kate Fowlshaw
so brother,what your mind can process from the autopsy result is that the man is not guilty? What of the head injury? What of the water in the head? Do you know what causes head injuries? *sigh
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Nobody: 9:41am On May 19, 2016
Flexherbal:
Hope they will let the man go, if the report is true?
However, sources said further medical
checks finally attributed the cause of
her death to “respiratory seizure as a
result of water in the head and some
injuries also in the head.” who injured her head?
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:42am On May 19, 2016
JayJohnson:
Women are dangerous
you don't mean it? Are your mum, aunties, sisters, daughters women too? How dangerous are they? Tell me more.. :- undecided undecided
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by Shym3xx: 9:42am On May 19, 2016
damogul:

My bro even the Police knows the man has no case to answer which is why they are now shifting to check his mental stability. Pls the man should hire me as his lead council for this case.

Lol.

I like ya angle. And since it's respiratory seizure - you can't rule out the mental strain/stress she got from the kinky marathon sex she had with her boss and the long distance journey. The man ought to be questioned. And further testing should be done.

I honestly don't know why you can't leave some of these women around men without them opening their legs. And she's married with kids. But hey, nothing shocks me anymore and when it comes to women, you just have to always have it at the back of their minds that they'll fvck around. So if you were to catch them in the act - it will be very easy to shake ya head and walk away. Only clowns who trust them to a fault always end up getting angry after catching them in the act.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:45am On May 19, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
so brother,what your mind can process from the autopsy result is that the man is not guilty? What of the head injury? What of the water in the head? Do you know what causes head injuries? *sigh

No where in my post did i say he did kill her or he didnt

I'm just not quick to judge esp when there are no convincing evidences.

Some people tagged the hubby a killer without proof.

So?
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:49am On May 19, 2016
ULSHERLAN:

No where in my post did i say he did kill her or he didnt

I'm just not quick to judge esp when there are no convincing evidences.

Some people tagged the hubby a killer without proof.

So?
the testimony from her family, even this alleged autopsy result isn't enough to prove that he is a killer? How did she get the head injury? How did water get to her head? Someone died with marks all over her body. *sigh
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:51am On May 19, 2016
khalhokage:
So the autopsy confirms that she died due to head trauma, why are people still still defending this man?
the thing taya me. *sigh
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by ZajB: 9:56am On May 19, 2016
I'm suprised at the responses of some people here. I'm sure some people did not take their time to read this post. Lets not allow sentiment be cloud our judgement. Assuming the autopsy report here is true can we really say Shonde Lekan is exonerated? If we can remember he made a statement to the effect that he pushed her and that while he was leaving home she was still lying down and that he thought she was just pretending.The bruises on the body must have not being the immediate cause of her death what about the injury on the head? No doubt that he beats her .He .might have not intended to kill her,I guess he never wished her dead even with the allegation of infidelity. God rest her soul and console the family
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:57am On May 19, 2016
introvertedsoul:
People keep asking silly questions: How did she get water in her head, how did the injury that led to fluid build up happen. . .
The Law system is based on substantial evidence and if non is provided, then we might as well go in circles infinitely.
Examples;

She jerked her card to avoid hitting someone and bumped her head on her steering wheel
She probably had pulmonary edema and fluid build up led to cardiac arrest and eventually got to her head too.
She might as well have bumped he head on the bed post or had a head collision with "one" of her partners while having sex.
She could have sustained injury while having a fight with her husband (Maybe he hit her, maybe she fell while charging at him. . .. )
The freaking list is endless.

Abeg they should free the poor man, he has been through a lot already, emotionally and psychologically he's been tortured.
you only wish a killer will be freed. If only wishes are horses. You must think the authorities are always on NL. He isn't going nowhere, to make it as a deterrent to potential killers like you supporting a killer. So, you can be prepared for the times. KMT!
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:58am On May 19, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
the testimony from her family, even this alleged autopsy result isn't enough to prove that he is a killer? How did she get the head injury? How did water get to her head? Someone died with marks all over her body. *sigh

We can't still judge based on what the families said cos you and i know how families can be sentimental after the passing of their own to blaming the other person for the cause. Im not saying the husband killed her and i wont say he didn't. I just want the law take its cause based on evidences brought forward during the autopsy
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2016
freshvine:

She might have done something terrible to herself since her cheating nature is now known to her husband.

She may have placed a call to her lover immediately after the husband left the house and the supposed lover came around to finish her off to prevent his own family from shattering due to their shameful act.

People should stop criticising this poor man who is just a victim of circumstance. A situation a cheating wife put him into.

Imagine the moment he just discovered the wife is a cheat. All the attention he has given the wife and children, the support, the love and now this? In the middle of the confusion, the little children start calling him daddy, daddy, daddy and he began to wonder if indeed they're truly his or he'd been busy working his ass off raising another man's kids. It's really painful and killing only an ANGEL will walk away from that emotional trauma giving the wife a pat on the cheek.

and you believe she was actually cheating? undecided smh
Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by egariyi(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2016
So the man should be freed? If this lady were to be your child or sister, will you say this? So its right for a man to kill his wife and be set free? You are one of the reasons why Nigerian continues to be a country with little value for lives. shocked shocked

introvertedsoul:
People keep asking silly questions: How did she get water in her head, how did the injury that led to fluid build up happen. . .
The Law system is based on substantial evidence and if non is provided, then we might as well go in circles infinitely.
Examples;

She jerked her card to avoid hitting someone and bumped her head on her steering wheel
She probably had pulmonary edema and fluid build up led to cardiac arrest and eventually got to her head too.
She might as well have bumped he head on the bed post or had a head collision with "one" of her partners while having sex.
She could have sustained injury while having a fight with her husband (Maybe he hit her, maybe she fell while charging at him. . .. )
The freaking list is endless.

Abeg they should free the poor man, he has been through a lot already, emotionally and psychologically he's been tortured.

1 Like

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by loifez(f): 9:59am On May 19, 2016
The ignorance of some Nigerians could be so scary. I am advocating critical reasoning in our curriculum biko......

Water in the head.....Does this not strike a chord Can we not think

Respiratory seizure Can we not even attempt Google to determine what could be responsible for all these so we write with a bit of intelligence at least.

I will give you a live scenario and maybe that will help some people.

I know someone who was constantly abused in a Marriage and after several plea to leave fell on deaf ears.....She almost learnt with her life......

Her husband simply filled the bath tub with water , called her in as if to start a convo and tried drowning her.....each time she made an effort to struggle, he hit her head on the bath tiles to weaken her.

This man locked the door to the house and bathroom and their only child was in the sitting room watching cartoon.

The bricklayers working in the next flat heard her few shouts,broke the door into the house and bathroom to rescue her.

After this incidence, no one told her to move out of the house and that man's life.

I hope this helps some people to grasp what "could" have happened.

2 Likes

Re: Ronke Shonde: Autopsy Attributes Death To Respiratory Seizure by khalhokage(m): 10:03am On May 19, 2016
FolarinLondon:

She is gone cos she was nothing but a cheap slut who has wrecked her marriage and in the process of destroying another woman's marriage.

She deserved what she got...

Sluts deserve whatever they get

Hmmm, and what about the man that's a confirmed cheat and a murderer, what does he deserve?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Background, Exploits, Victims Of Evans, Nigeria’s Most Dreaded Kidnap Kingpin / EFCC Secures Conviction Of Yahoo Boy Acting As Fake American Soldier In Afghanis / Police Officer Killed By Fulani Herdsmen During Fierce Gun Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.