Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki (19230 Views)

Police Reveals Weapons Found In Home Of IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu / Whistle Blower Exposes Hijacked Foodstuffs Meant For Refugees In Bauchi. Photos / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by midolian(m): 7:58am On May 19, 2016

A former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, has said that weapons found in his home last year belonged the NSA office.

A Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday heard that the weapons found at the Asokoro residence of Mr. Dasuki barely 48 hours after he left office were for the use of his security details.

These were contained in Mr. Dasuki’s statement made to the operatives of the State Security Service, SSS, tendered and admitted as exhibit by Justice Adeniyi Ademola in the ongoing trial of the former NSA on charges of unlawful possession of arms.
A prosecution witness, Samuel Ogbu, who is an operative of SSS stated this when he was asked to read in the open court the statement made by Mr. Dasuki during his interrogation by the SSS before he was charged to court.

Under cross-examination by the counsel to Mr. Dasuki, Ahmed Raji, the witness said that Mr. Dasuki in his statement confirmed that weapons were for the ONSA and for the protection of the NSA.

The witness also said that Mr. Dasuki claimed in his written statement that the weapons were to be returned to the ONSA by the security details at the end of the day.

Mr. Ogwu said he could not remember the date Mr. Dasuki left office as NSA but however insisted that the interrogation was conducted after he had left office.

Answering another question, the witness, who claimed to have spent 34 years in the service, admitted that the NSA was entitled to security details as the coordinator of activities of all security agencies in the country.

The operative said that the SSS did not issue the weapon to the former NSA, but said he would not know whether the weapons were issued to Mr. Dasuki by the military authority.

Also under cross-examination, the witness admitted that he had never been to the armoury of the Nigerian Army, Airforce, Navy, Police, National Intelligence Agency and DMI and would not know whether the weapons found in Mr. Dasuki’s house were issued to him by any of the agencies.

“I am aware that the Office of the NSA coordinates the activities of all security agencies in this country comprising Police, Army, Airforce, Navy, DSS, and DMI among others and my evidence in this trial relates only to what happens in the DSS,” Mr. Ogwu said.

Earlier in his evidence, the witness had claimed that the house of Mr. Dasuki was searched based on intelligence report and that some weapons including powerful rifles were hidden.

He said that as a follow-up to the recovery, he was invited to participate in the interrogation of Mr. Dasuki to know the ownership of the weapons and for what purposes they were meant in the house.

The witness said that the interrogation was freely conducted and fully recorded with electronic gadgets and that Mr. Dasuki’s statement was also recorded when it was being made voluntarily.
Led in evidence by the counsel to the Federal Government, Dipo Okpeseyi, the witness said that the SSS decided to interrogate the ex-NSA on the weapons because of their sophistication.

The witness added that ordinarily such weapons were not usually issued to ordinary individuals because of their capacities and that licence were not usually issued to individuals to purchase or carry them.

Mr. Ogwu told the court that parts of the guns, Tavor Assault Rifles, were imported into the country by the Federal Government following the Boko Haram.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203654-weapons-found-home-meant-nsa-office-dasuki.html
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by sinistermind(m): 8:09am On May 19, 2016
Still waiting to see where dis man's case is heading... in oda news, the Travor Assault Rifle though grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by midolian(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2016
This is getting more interesting by the day. Who would believe this to be coming from the same Dasuki that denied being in possession of weapons some months back?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by saaedlee: 8:12am On May 19, 2016
God bless you Sam for your intelligence
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by pacino26(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2016
I doubt if Dasuki denied arms possession O. It's just like going to the house of a newly retired general who still has his orderlies and tell me your saw rifle there. lipsrsealed

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by alatbaba1(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2016
Ur house nah military armory now.

Abi nah d weapon u dey plan to send to your boko brother. What are we even saying. Why one earth is someone keeping military grade weapon at home? Dat alone should have send him to firing squad.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Dannyset(m): 8:27am On May 19, 2016
Dasuki has finished sharing the money in his coffers, it is time to say the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by pabjo: 8:30am On May 19, 2016
I humble advice to buhari is to put aside all this issue of corruption allegation on all this public office holder and face what will help those that voted him in, people are suffering for God sake

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by blazetitov: 8:31am On May 19, 2016
sinistermind:
Still waiting to see where dis man's case is heading... in oda news, the Travor Assault Rifle though grin

Those are very powerful riffles. Maybe Dasuki wanted to sell those items off in the black market. The agency that issued such weapons should be confirmed and if they were not issued by any of the security outfits, Dasuki might be facing a bigger problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by nrexzy: 8:35am On May 19, 2016
Story for the judge

3 Likes

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Nobody: 10:35am On May 19, 2016
Dasuki ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin
Too much lies grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2016
Anyone knows any shooting range in Lagos?

I want to train my aiming skills... might not know when its gonna come handy
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Nobody: 10:35am On May 19, 2016
Tales by moonlight
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Nobody: 10:36am On May 19, 2016
sinistermind:

The best rifle in the world...especially for counter terror ops....especially those in built up areas.

Made by the Israelis...the guys who brought you that gem of a rifle called the Uzi.

5 Likes

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by SunstarS(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2016
aint you guys tired of all these shit

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by buharisbae(f): 10:38am On May 19, 2016
Jane is listening to Fada Fada by phyno ft olamide

olamide: na pounds and sterling me and my guys dey use shower o!

phyno: jesussss!!

phyno aff madt finish! grin

back to topic....hmmm ure telling that one to mumus abi? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Mayor38(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2016
ok... whats the next topic? undecided
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Pavore9: 10:38am On May 19, 2016
He made his house an armoury!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Firefire(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2016
Endless journey... ?

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by olarhtunji(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2016
not dasuki gate again now dasuki gun. izok
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by omolola15(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2016
Tavor assault riffle. Heavy machine grin

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2016
Them neva finish this guy matter?

abeg ooooo which one be DMI?
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by coldsummer: 10:41am On May 19, 2016
mtcheeeeeew.

why did you keep them at your house.

were you going to share them as you shared the monies through your gate?

2 Likes

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by cycline404(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2016
After all this wahalaa, this man will bag just 2years

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by Qyubee(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2016
sinistermind:
Tavor br...FN SCAR is d sh*t tho!
Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by pryme(m): 10:47am On May 19, 2016
so Dasuki house don turn armory wey security officials dey keep their weapons?
SMH

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by fxskye: 10:47am On May 19, 2016
pabjo:
I humble advice to buhari is to put aside all this issue of corruption allegation on all this public office holder and face what will help those that voted him in, people are suffering for God sake

Yes, people are suffering because of the financial atrocity committed by these public office holders. You can understand that Buahri is on the right track

11 Likes

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by DeRoyalFranco(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2016
Hmmm Mr Dasuki can lie

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by nairaman66(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2016
This dude just won the joker of the year!!

1 Like

Re: Weapons Found In My Home Meant For NSA Office — Dasuki by lammygloooooooo(m): 10:48am On May 19, 2016
Kosiwhala dansuki opanbata lamafi won ewon fun e preliminary loshi wa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Political Parties Plan Merger / BREAKING: Senator Goje Withdraws From Senate Presidency Race, Endorses Lawan / Tribunal: Our Server Results Were Released By Unknown INEC Official —atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.