Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,246 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

$15bn Arms Cash: I Was Instructed Via Paper To Pay Bello N300m—witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $15bn Arms Cash: I Was Instructed Via Paper To Pay Bello N300m—witness (486 Views)

Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief / Fayose, Obanikoro Clashed Over Arms Cash – Aluko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

$15bn Arms Cash: I Was Instructed Via Paper To Pay Bello N300m—witness by nelch05(m): 8:33am On May 19, 2016
A witness in the ongoing trial of Dr. Bello Haliru Mohammed, a former National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Yazidu Ibrahim, a Staff Officer,
Accounts, Office of the National Security Adviser, yesterday, told the Federal High Court, Abuja, how he was instructed to pay N300 million to a company, BAM Projects and Properties Limited, owned by Bello.
Bello, his son, Mohammed, and their company, Bam Project and Properties Limited, are being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for allegedly receiving N300 million from the office of the former National Security Advi-ser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd).
At the resumed hearing yesterday,Ibrahim told Justice A. R. Mohammed that he received a written instruction on a piece of paper to prepare a payment mandate for BAM in the sum of N300 million.
Led in evidence by Adebisi Adeniyi, who stood in for Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), Ibrahim further stated that the piece of paper had the account name, account number,amount and reason for payment (payment for safe houses).
According to him, there were two signatories on the payment mandate: Mohammed Sambo Dasuki, a former National Security Adviser, and S.A. Salisu, Director, Finance and Administration.
“After they have signed the paper, I would also sign before taking it to the bank (Central Bank of Nigeria),” he said.
During cross-examination by counsel to the first defendant, Solomon Umoh (SAN), the witness told the court that he did not know if there was any contract between the defendants and office of the National Security Adviser, adding that “no documents for payments were made available, apart from the piece of paper sent to me.”
The case was adjourned to June 1 for further cross-examination of the witness by counsel to the second and third defendants.
www.nmetblog.com/2016/05/15bn-arms-cash-i-was-instructed-via.html?m=1
Re: $15bn Arms Cash: I Was Instructed Via Paper To Pay Bello N300m—witness by 989900B: 8:44am On May 19, 2016
DTM

(1) (Reply)

Governments Negotiation With Ajaero Led NLC / 'second Chibok Girl Rescued' In Nigeria - BBC News / FG Plans Dialogue With Militants ( Read Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.