|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,448,979 members, 5,517,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 April 2020 at 04:53 PM
|5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by louqas: 8:43am On May 19, 2016|
I was expecting the strike to really take effect today but it seems like people are not joining the strike .below are 5 REASONS I think the strike failed
1. SPLIT IN THE LABOUR CAMP : as a fallout of their last election the NLC has been split into 2 camps. One of the camps is behind government . The final straw was the pulling out of TUC from the strike.
2. LACK OF A VIBRANT OPPOSITION PARTY: the main opposition party pdp is battling internal wrangling and has been indifferent to this while issue hence those aggrieved Nigerians didn't have the kind of support acn gave labour strike in 2012.
3. WISER POPULACE : previous labour strike has followed a particular pattern which Nigerians are all too familiar with , government increase price,labour call strike putting many into untold hardship,labour goes to negotiate ,labour bows to pressure after money allegedly changed hands,labour calls off strike ,the masses end up still paying the price.
4. NIC Injunction : it was an unwise move for labour to disobey the court injunction as it has 7 days to appeal. Labour would not be able to say anything if tomorrow the government decide to disobey any court ruling against them in this matter.
5. A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN : many have asked why did Nigerians troop out against Jonathan in 2012 and are refusing to do same now, the reason is simple they didn't trust Jonathan but trust buhari to manage the economy very well especially savings from fuel subsudy removal.
It is my humble opinion that labour should go back to negotiation table with government and call of this I'll advised strike that has failed.
|Re: 5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by iconaus: 9:00am On May 19, 2016|
You failed to mention ethno religious sentiments which is the main thing . Buhari- Osibanjo comb
|Re: 5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by Nobody: 9:02am On May 19, 2016|
|Re: 5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by UAE123(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2016|
Labour leaders must explore all possible avenue such as direct discussion with government & proper mobilization or sensitization before calling workers out for strike.
|Re: 5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by DRISKLEF(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2016|
OP the only concrete reason i see there is in number 2 and 3. The rest are hogwash.
APC should start working now because the hardship in this country as at now was not what we actually bargained for.
|Re: 5 Reasons Nlc Strike Failed. by MrOmoyemi: 9:34am On May 19, 2016|
Nigerian, both in east, west, south, north and in diaspora trust more in PMB govt and his team
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33