Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? (3242 Views)

N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders / Cbn, Efcc And The Five Banks: Matters Arising / Sanusi To Sell The Five Banks 100% To Foreign Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Marymos: 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
If You Are An Account Holder Of Any of The Five Banks What Will You Do?

I was shocked and surprised when i saw the headline of all the dailies of the sack of the CEOs of Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank, Union Bank, Afribank and Finbank as a result of their fraudulent practise.

If I'm an account holder in any of the bank,that will be the end.I will close my account immediately with the bank.  If top officials of these bank can involve in such unethical practices what then do you expect from others?

What will be your action if you are an account holder in any of the bank?
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by kokoA(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nothing.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by emekagh(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2009
Nothing. There is no point starting a run on the bank now. Panic withdrawals will do more systemic harm than good.
The CBN has already made move to shore up the capital of the affected bank.
Besides, the other banks you may want to go to, do you know what may happen to them?

Or would you prefer to keep your money under your pillows?
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by puskin: 12:37am On Aug 19, 2009
I'll over-draw on my acct. or beta still, i'll seek a loan 4rm 'em so dat i can add 2their portfolio of non-performing loans.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by showbobo(m): 1:27am On Aug 19, 2009
[b]WITHDRAW/RETRACT [/b]infact [b]EJECT/EVICT/EVACUAT[/b]E my money with immediate effect. . . . wink cheesy
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by muyiscoi(m): 1:51am On Aug 19, 2009
Nothing. CBN has already pumped some huge amounts of money into tose banks to keep them afloat. therefore, there is no cause for alarm
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Nobody: 3:47am On Aug 19, 2009
Its undecided
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by matiltomd(f): 6:28am On Aug 19, 2009
kokoA:

Nothing.

grin grin grin grin, short and precise, Ive got a salary account with Inter Continental Bank and I'm still breathing normal,
"no cause for control,everything is under alarm Ok?" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Doyin2(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2009
The devil you know is better than the saint u do not know.The banks now have full FG/CBN support,therefore no cause for alarm.I still have some millions in one of the banks and I have been transacting my normal business without any hitch.

In fact I feel more comfortable now since i know the bank I am dealing with.I have a feeling that banks that escaped were just very smart!
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by charlione(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2009
matiltom_d:

grin grin grin grin, short and precise, Ive got a salary account with Inter Continental Bank and I'm still breathing normal,
"no cause for control,everything is under alarm Ok?" grin grin grin grin grin grin

salary account how much is that
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by charlione(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2009
Doyin!:

I still have some millions in one of the banks and I have been transacting my normal business without any hitch.

now thats more like it
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by IFELEKE(m): 7:53am On Aug 19, 2009
@Topic
Nothing!.
Infact,they should be happy for the bail out.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by bizbone(f): 8:21am On Aug 19, 2009
Marymos:

If You Are An Account Holder Of Any of The Five Banks What Will You Do?

I was shocked and surprised when i saw the headline of all the dailies of the sack of the CEOs of Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank, Union Bank, Afribank and Finbank as a result of their fraudulent practise.

If I'm an account holder in any of the bank,that will be the end.I will close my account immediately with the bank. If top officials of these bank can involve in such unethical practices what then do you expect from others?

What will be your action if you are an account holder in any of the bank?
young man what is your intention?why this kind of topic?
do u want people to panic?
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 19, 2009
Its a dicey situation though I dont have an account in any of the affected banks butb shareholdings and the fact that NSE has placed them on technical suspension gives me some relief.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Jakumo(m): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2009
This message was posted on the website of the Nigerian Home-Invasion Asset Redistribution Authority.

"  All major Nigerian banks are in danger of imminent collapse, please withdraw all your money and keep it under your bed at home. "
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by chidyke77(m): 8:51am On Aug 19, 2009
Why shuld we withdraw? There is no cause for alarm since d CBN is in control. So u wnt to tel me dat their staffs shuld start looking for another jobs?. Listen,those banks are nt collapsing and am hapy dat it was discoverd earlier b4 d becom liquidated.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by econsult(m): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2009
Don't you read the papers?There's no cause for panic CBN has already injected $400 billion into these banks.So you don't have to worry
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by CY09: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2009
@jakumo, so dat u can go and rob them ehh !
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by fibre: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2009
Its easy to say when u dont have N20 Million in Intercontinental,

My money is with Zenith thats why am chilled although i have some small kishi for intercontinental.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by ProfJabura: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2009
if am have an account with them I will surely withdrawn all my money and close the account. This is not a matter of CBN given some money to them. This week, the new management of Intercontinental Bank claims that there is no problem. But it is a known fact that this member of the new board are there when Intercontinental Bank withdrew N2,500 from every Current early this year, claiming that is for maintenance, I dont know when the bank account become a car engine that need maintenance. It is now painful to know that the money for all customers holding current account in intercontinental bank is used in this type of mess. I pray I dont have one but I have friends among their customers affected. I will say that all customers should remove their money until Intercontinental bank wish or prefers to deposit the N2,500 back to each account it not may be Next January it will be N10,000 from each current and N2,000 from each savings account shocked undecided
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by toxicguy: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2009
econsult:

Don't you read the papers?There's no cause for panic CBN has already injected $400 billion into these banks.So you don't have to worry

look at you. are you as dumb as you look. you are the one that needs to read the papers, you lowsy illiterate. it says 400b naira not dollars. oh God, deliver me from this bunch.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by pek(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2009
absolutely nothing. any penny you have with any of these banks is safe. mass withdrawal will not solve a problem that is not. rather it will create problems not just for these five, but others.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by MrCrackles(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2009
I dont think they should do anything. . . . .
Depositor's funds are pretty safe, simple as that!
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by jaybee3(m): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

I dont think they should do anything. . . . .
Depositor's funds are pretty safe, simple as that!

Not when the guaranteed limit is set at N50K (so i heard on this same nairaland)
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by remoranger(m): 10:38am On Aug 19, 2009
i think you should seriously consider your position with these BANKS
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Nezan(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2009
I dont think depositors funds are affected.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by pito: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2009
There is no cause for alarm. Running to the bank to withdraw all your money will only aggravate the problem. Everything is being done to make sure that depositors are protected.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by FELIX30(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2009
Fellow landers why are we laying emphasis on INTERCONTINENTAL bank alone . What about the other 4 or are we saying that the other ones are ok.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by enet1(m): 11:34am On Aug 19, 2009
IF I AM AN ACCOUNT HOLDER WITH ANY OF D FIVE BANKS THAT THEIR CEOS HAVE BEEN SACKED,I WILL WITHDRAW ALL MY MONEY OUT OF D BANK.THOUGH CBN HAS PUT IN #400 BILLION NAIRA,STILL I WONT FEEL SECURE WIT THESE.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by adybabs: 11:45am On Aug 19, 2009
its actually depend on the size and motive of your funds in those banks. believe me, if you have your life savings; all you ve worked for or money that keeps your business and home going, your best bet is to move to where at least the regulators have said is safe.

certainly, there would be a run on  the banks. customer would shift, this would affect the cash flow in the short run but later stabilize with the bailout money. stabilization would only happen after  a bit of confidence is restored and the banks resume provision of loans/credit. this is necessray to attract both old and new customers.

then the banks will have to put a good risk management structure in place.
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by Iranoladun(f): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
My company operate a salary account with Oceanic Bank for our staff and we just resolved in our last management meeting to commence the use of an alternative bank (that we have business dealings with) for payment of salaries from now until things stabilize e.g. GTB or Zenith Bank .

Like someone said the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) only guarantee N50,000 for each depositor irrespective of the amount you have in your bank account when the eventuality happens. Just imagine all your life savings going, cry

To be forewarned is to be forearmed!
Re: What Should Account Holders Of The Five Banks Do? by amigoes(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
puskin:

I'll over-draw on my acct. or beta still, i'll seek a loan 4rm 'em so dat i can add 2their portfolio of non-performing loans.

lol, grin grin grin
, you can bet there's an embargo on loans and overdraft in most bank now, grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Vision 2020 Blueprint: / Steady Electricity Supply In Nigeria Reduces Operational Cost Of Firms, Families / Police Intervened In An Allege Clash Btw Fans Of Buhari And Jonathan In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.