Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected (363 Views)

There Is No Difference Between The Poor And The Rich / What Decisions Have You Taken That Have Affected Your Life Positively? / NLC Strike Flops In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected by cg053: 10:51am On May 19, 2016
ARE THE LABOUR AND UNION LEADERS INSENSITIVE?

I wonder why only Government workers went on strike over the removal of subsidy whereas the public and private sectors do not participate.
I wonder why there is closure of all Government schools where the children of the poor attend whereas the private schools attended by children of the rich open to students.
I wonder why all government hospitals and Health Centres which attend to the poor and the vulnerable were forced to close down whereas the private hospitals that were patronized by the rich do not.
I wonder why doctors that offered essential services to save live are closed down but the military and police station do not participate.
I wonder why all government offices were forced to close down whereas the petrol stations that sell at the disputed price were left to operate freely.
It is obvious from the above that the ongoing strike is too callous and highly insensitive to the plight of the poor and the most vulnerable of this country.

My Candid Advice To The Labour And Union Leaders

That in order that the Union and Labor Leaders will not be seen as being insensitive to the plight of the most vulnerable in the society, the following advice are way out.
The Union/Labour Leaders as a matter of urgency should exclude all essential services from the ongoing protest over subsidy removal.
To direct the unconditional opening of all public schools, hospital and health centers to ameliorate the suffering of the poor and the most vulnerable in the society.
To dialogue with the Federal and State Governments on the upwardly review workers salary.
To monitor the use of the subsidy removal proceeds to rehabilitate all dilapidated public infrastructures (Roads, Schools, Airports and Hospitals).
Caregiver International
Re: NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected by cg053: 10:54am On May 19, 2016
what an Absurd
Re: NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2016
What a shame....
Re: NLC Strike: The Poor And Vulnerable Mostly Affected by psucc(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2016
No wonder most people who cross the shores would want nothing to bring them back here again!

If a human being who is aware that inflation had galloped from 9 to 13% within 1year and the government rather than taking measures to curb it only takes pride to increase pump price of pms which has a multiplier effect on prices of commodities, could post the above trash, then Nigeria is in a serious mess and only the mercy of God can bring it out.

(1) (Reply)

"To Everyone Struggling Out There" / Mynation News Media Needs Contributors - Apply Now / Birthday Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.