Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. (2448 Views)

Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope / Face Of Democracy, Jennifer Ohia Unveils Book On Jonathan's Administration / Why Are Igbos Willing To Die For An Ijaw Man,even With No Dividends Of Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by walata44(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2009
http://naijanet.com/news/source/1066p.html

This country will not seize to astound you, how people in Nigeria still go on about their life in the face of this abject poverty.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by strangleyo: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
We are not the only poor country in the world. This could be India. Our military rulers brought us to this mess. Instead of letting us decide our own fate through the ballot, they stole everything. Abacha alone took over 3 billion US dollars worth into his Swiss accounts.

Democracy, even this democracy is better than the best military regime we've had.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Poster, those pictures have more to do with the Nigerian people than it does with Democracy.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by walata44(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Poster, those pictures have more to do with the Nigerian people than it does with Democracy.

With democracy Nigerians have high expectations on governance and improvement on infrastructures but what did we get? Decay on all aspect of living as a normal beings.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
walata44:

With democracy Nigerians have high expectations on governance and improvement on infrastructures but what did we get? Decay on all aspect of living as a normal beings.

With democracy, Nigerians have high expectations?? Hmm. Interesting that you should put it that way, but I ask you, what have these Nigerians done to make sure those in governance understand that? I mean does just sitting with arms folded as they did when Nigeria was under military rule, change things? How have these Nigerians made their expectations know to government?
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by kokoA(m): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2009
Good people, great Nation, Bad leaders.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
kokoA:

Good people, great Nation, Bad leaders.

Wait just a minute!!

What good people? You mean the millions of Nigerians out there who are themselves corrupt and willing to cast down the next man so they can step over him to get to a piece of the "National pie" are good people?? Roflmao!!!!

Oh yeah!!! It seems second nature is to THROW blame over to the leaders rather than admit we are just as horrible as those from amongst us we have allowed to climb up to leadership positions, while many of those at the bottom are clawing their way up as we speak.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
strangleyo:

We are not the only poor country in the world. This could be India. Our military rulers brought us to this mess. Instead of letting us decide our own fate through the ballot, they stole everything. Abacha alone took over 3 billion US dollars worth into his Swiss accounts.

Democracy, even this democracy is better than the best military regime we've had.

Democracy has been on for almost 12 years now, and what have we got to show for it?
People still cant talk freely.
Media are being sealed for telling the truth, and you wanna tell me that we have democracy?
OBJ still appointing a president over us.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by kokoA(m): 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Wait just a minute!!

What good people? You mean the millions of Nigerians out there who are themselves corrupt and willing to cast down the next man so they can step over him to get to a piece of the "National pie" are good people?? Roflmao!!!!

Oh yeah!!! It seems second nature is to THROW blame over to the leaders rather than admit we are just as horrible as those from amongst us we have allowed to climb up to leadership positions, while many of those at the bottom are clawing their way up as we speak.

I beg to disagree sir. You have no rigth to generalize wrong doings considering the fact that we are up to 120 million in number. How many Nigerians do you know personnally? The fact that a few does that does not mean that we all will do it if given the oppurtunity. The Ngozi Okonjos and Ezekwesilis of this world to name but a few are Nigerians. Ain't they? May I ask you to withdraw this statement please?
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Gekko(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2009
strangleyo:

I guess I need to wait for government to instruct or assist me to enhance the space that surrounds my dwellings.  There are villages around the world that the arms of government barely touches and yet some folks have the decency to clean up their surrounding, plant trees, create gardens etc.  I lived in a small village outside of Ilesa, Osun state and I wouldn't dare proceed to school without sweeping around the house.  My grandmother even insisted that I sweep in a certain pattern because it looked aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by ogajim(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
Fela was right, na demonstration of craze we dey practice for naija!

When everyone is propelled by GREED, you get pictures like these- take a trip to Nigeria and everyone from the uniformed ones to even the baggage handlers want some form of bribe or another because it is what everyone does and "man must chop", it trickles down.
Armed robbers (renting weapons from?) writes to inform a whole neighborhood they will strike so and so day and do most of the times, I don't see that happening anywhere in the west, heck, we will be happy for the notice here and wait for them but in Nigeria where you can't even get a hunting riffle let alone have choices, what do you expect?
It is easy to sit in the west and ask why they don't do something about it, but how
I don't care what type of government, it should not be like this period,
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Afam4eva(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2009
strangleyo:

When will nigerians stop seeing the military as the only reason for the stinking state of nigeria.

It's over 9 years after military rule and we are still placing all the blame on the military. Apart from the fact that the military regime was totalitarian, authoritarian i'll say that the military performed better than the present crop of cabals that call themselves democratically elected officials.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2009
ogajim:

Fela was right, na demonstration of craze we dey practice for naija!

When everyone is propelled by GREED, you get pictures like these- take a trip to Nigeria and everyone from the uniformed ones to even the baggage handlers want some form of bribe or another because it is what everyone does and "man must chop", it trickles down.
Armed robbers (renting weapons from?) writes to inform a whole neighborhood they will strike so and so day and do most of the times, I don't see that happening anywhere in the west, heck, we will be happy for the notice here and wait for them but in Nigeria where you can't even get a hunting riffle let alone have choices, what do you expect?
It is easy to sit in the west and ask why they don't do something about it, but how
I don't care what type of government, it should not be like this period,

Na your papa born u for that statement.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
kokoA:

I beg to disagree sir. You have no rigth to generalize wrong doings considering the fact that we are up to 120 million in number. How many Nigerians do you know personnally? The fact that a few does that does not mean that we all will do it if given the oppurtunity. The Ngozi Okonjos and Ezekwesilis of this world to name but a few are Nigerians. Ain't they? May I ask you to withdraw this statement please?

On the contrary sir, I can generalize and I stand by the statement made.

On a serious note, are you joking? Please tell me the above is just you trying to pull my leg. Say it is so please!!
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by strangleyo: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
afam4eva:

When will nigerians stop seeing the military as the only reason for the stinking state of nigeria.

It's over 9 years after military rule and we are still placing all the blame on the military. Apart from the fact that the military regime was totalitarian, authoritarian i'll say that the military performed better than the present crop of cabals that call themselves democratically elected officials.

Our military bred this generation. The Military was not good. The British happened to leave Nigeria in a half descent state, in the hands of the wrong people. Coups and counter coups guaranteed a slow degeneration of our nation.

We don't need strongmen, but it is in the mentality. If we had even a shred of faith in our leaders in the 60s, no matter how hapless they were instead of being happy to embrace morons who destroyed our country. I guess patience is what is lacking.

Nigeria's elections are a sympton of 50 years of mis-rule. Any country where a government job provides the most stable income for an individual is doomed to fail (Soviet Union for example).

No more military please. The last thing we need is that fools again.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by spikedcylinder: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2009
ROTFL!!!

Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by CrudeOil2(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
All Hail James Bond

Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by spikedcylinder: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2009

Unfortunately, this picture is particularly hilarious. Why are they leaving their shoes behind? cheesy
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
the dividends are evenly spread from north to south grin

Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by blackspade(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
LWKMD!!! grin grin grin

Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by oyinda3(f): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
holy moly lol

Kobojunkie:

i agree.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by asha80(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2009
To a nigerian that has lived all his life in nigeria these pics might not mean much until he ventures out of the country.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by fayahsoul: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2009
This is what u get when a people are scared to die for a cause because they love their pathetic lives so much.

Even those who live in habitats only suitable for swine are scared of a revolution.

I guess they don't deserve any better
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by asha80(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
fayahsoul:

This is what u get when a people are scared to die for a cause because they love their pathetic lives so much.

Even those who live in habitats only suitable for swine are scared of a revolution.

I guess they don't deserve any better

shocked You harsh ooo cheesy
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by AloyEmeka6: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2009

Lol, this was photoshopped.  grin grin
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by AloyEmeka6: 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2009

Wetin dey wrong with this one now? grin grin. man pikin no go chop? grin grin
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by MrCrackles(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
Some funny ass images up there. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by oyinda3(f): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2009
^ i swear man cheesy
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by walata44(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Asha

To a nigerian that has lived all his life in nigeria these pics might not mean much until he ventures out of the country

I agree with you, if only Nigerians can have the opportunity to travel out of the hell hole call Nigeria, may be they might be able to see things differently. The most critics of Nigeria are the Nigerians living abroad.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
@Kobojunkie

Self-righteous and judgmental as usual! I wonder how you can keep that up when you’ve played no part whatsoever in trying to make things right!
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by Beaf: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
afam4eva:

It can take generations to erase the effects of a traumatic experience; military rule was very traumatic. For example, Nigerians are very aggressive because they've been beaten up by those in power, seen their parents and other loved ones beaten up by those in power. They have grown up used to being called "bloody civilians". They have learnt that in Nigeria's setting, the winner is the one that can put up the most convincing show of force (not logic or intelligence). Bad habits are difficult to drop and trauma is difficult to get over without the right councelling.
Re: Must See: Dividends Of Democracy Pictures. by SeanT21(f): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Wetin dey wrong with this one now? grin grin. man pikin no go chop? grin grin

LMAO@ that picture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Azu And The Integrity Question In Nigerian Media / In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time / A Marathon And Busy Day In The Life Of A Working Governor @ Alausa. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.