Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat (2842 Views)

CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. / Play Chess And Make Good Money At Friends Of Chess Competition ( March 24-28) / Screenshot: See How To Play Chess On Facebook Messenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 12:14pm On May 19, 2016
If you know you love chess, you like to relax and at the same time do some good by donating to charity, this message is for you.
Kindly join us at 16 Nnobi Street, via Kilo Bus Stop, Surulere, Lagos at 4p.m. every Saturdays and Sundays to have fun playing chess on a 10”x10” giant chess mat with 16 large black pieces and 16 large white pieces.

Side Attractions include:
1. Projection of the game being played on the giant mat to a 72” by 72” screen to aid analysis by spectators which adds a bit of spice to the game.
2. Table chess mat for blitz and rapid games also available as an alternative
3. Drinks, assorted meat and fish delicacies available at the spot.
4. Music

Kindly come support us raise funds for the orphans while we have fun.

N.B. The giant chess mat and pieces are also available for rent at an affordable price for events like birthdays, corporate events, school fairs, group hang-outs and any other chess lovers’ event.

For further enquiries, please contact:
Call 07061304200

1 Share

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by dimdim001(m): 9:46pm On May 20, 2016
Cool stuff
Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:51am On May 23, 2016
Thanks Dimdim. This weekend was fun, it was like a convergence of strong chess players and everyone tryna have the bragging rights both on the table mat and on the floor mat. Some games were projected to the screen for more "effizzy". Donations were made (which were not mandatory by the way) drinks, music, we even had time while playing chess to follow the FA Cup final, the German Cup final, The French Cup final games and the Spanish cup final game the next day.[/size]

Playing on the giant mat may not give you the opportunity to slam pieces (which I don't support by the way because it spoils the pieces) but it gives you the panoramic feeling when playing chess. Just imagine standing over a big stadium to watch a football match with the players looking large enough to see the details of the "100% cotton" written on their Shirt tag.

Next week is another date. I hope I'll get to see some of you there. See the pictures below to have a feel of what I am talking about.
Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:53am On May 23, 2016
FYV

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 6:38pm On May 23, 2016
Fyv

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:11am On May 30, 2016
Bimbolism against an opponent on the floor mat. We played well into the night, I practically begged chess players to go home. The excitement was addictive

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 4:03pm On May 30, 2016
We have gathered some resources for the month, time to visit the kids.

1. Selfie in front of the orphanage
2. Donation of N10K courtesy of Play Chess for the Orphans group of friends (photo removed for security reasons)
3. Snapshot with some of the kids

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
Why Orphans Need Us, Do They?
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Birth to life no different from other humans but for an aperture spelt out by deprivation in all sense of emotionality, care and love, being ostracized to the bars of an orphanage if lucky. These beautiful earthlings start off their chess match a little no less handicapped two queens. Oh such an odd in this "Kasparovy"world.
They are not orphaned by choice.
Life happened!
They don't need us! For man doesn't need air.
"The best feeling in life is that one is loved; loved for oneself ,loved despite oneself "

Kenny
Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
WHY WE NEED THE ORPHANS.¤»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
I cried because i had no footwear,
Until I met somebody without foot to wear
She wails and she's swiftly comforted by the mother,
He kicks and throw tantrums to be hugged and hushed by the father.
But who watches over my lonely head,
When sleeping in my borrowed bed .
Neither father nor Mother but my Creator,
Neglected,abandoned with non to Succor.
I knelt and prayed my lonely heart to stupor,
Saved by Kings,Queens and Knights of shining armor.
Favored by friends of common humanity,
Friends bonded by love of the checkered board community.
Offering me a sip of the milk of human kindness ,
In this dreary world of darkness and Sadness.
Is it not said many where in the Holy book,
Thy Neighbor is next to you and not in any nook.
I lack but I do not steal,i am not a crook,
I can't push a pawn or rapture a rook.
Yet I cannot afford like Pawn to siddon to look
While my fellow being born Deprived and forsook ,
Will wallow in the gallows of poverty and pain.
I profit not,yea I have nought to gain
For this weary world, all is vanity,all vain.
So whatever you find your hands to labour,
Let it be as the balm of Gilead to thy Neighbour,
For Love is the Purpose,Love is the reason,
To give ,without reward expected,is no treason.
Into this world I came without shoes on my feet
Back I shall go,nude and bald below six feet.
To my maker above, to give account of my feat
Of how I used my talents,my wit, my chats and my tweets.
To make better the world I live in
And enrich the lives of both my kith and my kin...
By
Dr William Fulbright AKUS
Alias AK Wonder.
Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fyv

Bottom pic show Wale, author of Nigerianchess.com, working towards inviting reputable chess players to grace our gathering

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bunmi Olape, an international master n 2x National champion graced us with his presence to show support

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chess kids pics courtesy of eudiahkamonjo. and WWW.dreams time.com
Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
Chess kids pics courtesy of eudiahkamonjo. and WWW.dreams time.com

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
Paid a visit to Hearts of Gold Auspices today, introduced the orphans to the game of chess and donated a chess board and some cash for the upkeep of both body and mind

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2016
The Mat, The King and that smile

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 10:58pm On May 22, 2018
Improving the business decision making skills using the chess model. Multiplestridez Ent. and Logistics Coy, the first beneficiary of this new gamification training approach

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
The chess game called business is an integration of chess and business to create an organisational training tool. Dear CEOs, Business Managers, HR professionals, if you want your organisation to grow or exceed the likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google, Multichoice, MTN. Then you have to train your staff to change their orientation from being minions to actual stakeholders making effective business decisions. Call 07061304200 or email: thinktankbizconcepts@gmail.com for more details

Re: Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat by BenFlash: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
An idea that was creatively developed in my little room has caught the attention of a radio station. Who knows what next, FIDE invitation?

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From The Party! / SOLD !!! CAMO Ps4 Slim 1TB For Sale. / Last Empire War Z: Addictive Mobile Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.