Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,661 members, 7,862,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

Tips To Help You Overcome Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Help You Overcome Depression (390 Views)

6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) / See How To Overcome Depression / 7 Powerful Ways To Overcome Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Help You Overcome Depression by donmayorgroup(m): 1:41pm On May 19, 2016
Following the mail sent to me earlier today by Mel, i had to sit and think about depression and the devastating effect it has on our ability to function normally in the society and to relate well with people around us.

[url]READ ABOUT MEL'S MAIL HERE>>>[/url]

I discovered that many persons attract enmity, hatred and disregard to themselves probably as a result of their mental disposition which normally may be no fault of theirs. It is equally possible that these issues are just minor, but the singular fact that we take them to heart and nurse them so well, it has graduated and dominated every activity around us.

Consequently, i deemed it necessary to research more and bring to you some simple pragmatic steps which will help you manage your depressive moods.

Here are some tips from my research and experience that may help, although I would suggest seeing somebody (counselor) even if it's just to talk with an impartial professional or a superior in the work place.

>>>Walk: Lots of it. And any other form of exercise. Anything. Even if you feel like you can't get up, drag yourself to your wardrobe, put some clothes on and move. Whilst walking listen to your favorite music or talks that offer advice on how to cope. Just ensure that it’s sane advice, realistic and speaks to your soul and mind.

>>>Eat healthy: That means no fried foods or junk. Drink green tea and take lots of vitamins especially b1, fish oil, vitamin c. If you're not sure, do some research. DON'T say you are broke o. LOL!!!

"Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But, in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying"
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

>>>Talk to people that you can trust: They may not know all the right things to say and may even agitate you. Just know that they mean well and want the best for you.

>>>Make love, not war. When in the darkness it's easy to think you can fight your way out. Sometimes it works. More often than not it doesn't. Look for the most loving solution. It's not always the most logical but right now, logic doesn't really make sense and it's annoying because you already know the logical way out that everybody keeps telling you ie. “ get over it” “ let it go” etc But it's not helping. So if you are to choose an emotion, choose love and from that position, things somehow start falling into place.

>>>Create some distance between yourself and the place, person or event that has contributed to you feeling this way. Right now, distance could be your friend and may help you clear your mind. Go back when and if you're ready and it's safe to do so.

>>>Go with the flow knowing that even if you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, there is one and it will present itself when you least expect it.

>>>Pray(Ekpere!) Relentlessly. Have faith that your prayers will be answered and they will. And your answers will come in ways that you least expect and may even be different to what you asked for. Give it a try for yourself.

Remember that you're valuable beyond measure. You and how you feel matters. Yes, you!
I hope this helps and I wish you a smooth recovery.
Don't go drinking or smoking. It doesn't help!
I love you.
Contact Us if you have any questions, please.
Read more on www.michaeldoosblog.info

(1) (Reply)

Warning Signs Of Breast Cancer In Men / Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed’s Family / 36% Of Nigeria’s Population Is At Risk From Complications Due To Heart Diseases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.