Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Mtn Sim Registration: A Subscriber's Diary Of Frustrations - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Sim Registration: A Subscriber's Diary Of Frustrations (852 Views)

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? / MTN SIM Registration Again! / Ntel Lte Sim Registration Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Sim Registration: A Subscriber's Diary Of Frustrations by darlingnuel(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
Several weeks ago I received several text messages from MTN prompting me to register my SIM. Due to my busy schedule, I couldn't get the line registered in time. Consequently, I was barred from making and receiving calls. On the 5th of May, I set out for one of the MTN walk-in Centre within my locality to get the line registered, as well as claim my N4000 airtime gift! *Winks*. After several hours of waiting, it was finally my turn and I supplied ALL the NECESSARY & REQUESTED data for the registration. I was told to expect confirmatory SMS for a successful registration after 24hours. I went home feeling fulfilled as I braced up for the numerous calls I had planned making with the airtime gift...I thought of how I was going to mesmerize my homies with lots of calls... *Chuckles*.

48 hours passed, there was no confirmatory message. I tried calling some phone numbers but each time, I received "call ended" response. I tried calling the line using other lines but the calls kept failing! 72 hours had passed, yet no success story. Few days later, I contacted MTN online customer care and she ran checks on my line and reported that my SIM is NOT YET properly registered! WTF! "Wetin I been go do for MTN office?", I muttered in revulsion. She continued and added that I should visit MTN office and get the line registered. I tried explaining that I actually visited an MTN office but she wouldn't just get it.

On Monday, May 16th, I stormed the MTN office where I had registered the line and poured out my frustrations on them. But the attendant ran checks and explained that it was possible my data wasn't sent…Blah Blah (or whatever) and that I should redo the registration. MTN, are you for real? I resolved to do away with that line but for the N4000 free airtime... I quickly enrolled for another registration. As usual, I provided all the personal data and left d office afterwards, as I expect a thunderous confirmatory message.

Brethren, today is 19th May and I still can't make use of that MTN line! Again, I had to call the online customer care, and he still reiterated that my registration is incomplete! MTN must still be living in the Stone Age! Who should be blamed for this ridiculous nonsense? The local registrar of the line or MTN central database management issues? Subscribing to the MTN network has become synonymous with signing up for a barrage of unsolicited trainings on SIM registration! MTN, I give you 7 days to sort yourself outta this mess or I escalate it to NCC level and dump the line!

I have my recorded audio conversations and screenshot of a chat with the MTN Customer to further buttress my assertions.

Re: Mtn Sim Registration: A Subscriber's Diary Of Frustrations by kingdvd(m): 7:06pm On May 19, 2016
Just port to another network.
No be by force.
I just ported to Etisalat after registering with mtn more than 4 times.
At least I have my peace.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Code To Check Ur Gtb A/c Bal. / Yeah We Removed The Headphone Jack. The F.u.ck You Going To Do About It? / Funny Video Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Used As A Grenade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.