Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Did India Ever Beat Nigeria 99-1? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did India Ever Beat Nigeria 99-1? (1464 Views)

Bukola Saraki Reacts After Argentina Beat Nigeria 2 - 1 / Philippe Troussier: "I Will Beat Nigeria In Uyo, I Know Their Weaknesses" / USA Beat Nigeria 110-66 In Basketball Pre-Olympic Friendly Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did India Ever Beat Nigeria 99-1? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 19, 2016
Almost all of us born before the dawn of the internet must have heard the tale of a legendary football match between Nigeria and India that most likely took place in another planet and somehow someway most of us believed the fairy tale due to lack of access to credible information.

The story goes thus; The particular match ended with India scoring 99 goals and Nigeria scoring just one goal. Nigerian players where unable to kick the ball because the football kept turning to a lion (or something scary) to prevent them from playing the soccer ball. The Indians later agreed that if Nigeria could score a goal, they would willingly accept defeat. Samuel Okwaraji scored the winning goal with a thunder shot and lost his life in the process. To crown it all, FIFA banned India from soccer because they used black magic in that very game and that's why India doesn't participate in the World Cup.

Why Nigerians Believed The Story

On the 12th of August 1989, Nigeria lost Sam Okwaraji. Sam Okwaraji was the player rumored to have lost his life in that game when in truth he died during a FIFA World Cup qualifying game against Angola in the 77th minute. He collapsed and died of cognitive heart failure. May his soul rest in Perfect Peace. AMEN. So that is the only truthful thing about that story, the fact that a Nigerian player died during a football match. That’s it. The match was not against India, we did not lose the match and as you must have guessed, and there were no lions either. Also the fact that India doesn't participate in the FIFA world cup made the story more appealing to us.

Therefore the tale is confirmed FALSE. The match never existed

The person to first come up with that story needs to be awarded an Oscar, I mean Nigerians are damn creative!!!!

http://correctfootball.com/2016/05/17/correctfootball-fact-day-9/

CC front page material @ lalastica
Re: Did India Ever Beat Nigeria 99-1? by funstufz(m): 4:23pm On May 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin

well during our own time, I mean before Samuel Okwaraji died, we were told the same thing with slight differences:

1. It was Segun Odegbami that we were told told scored the only goal cheesy cheesy cheesy

2. His ankle was twisted as a result of his attempt sad sad sad

3. He twisted ankle was made back to 'Normal' as a reward for his bravery undecided undecided undecided

4. He could no longer use the same leg to play football again angry angry angry

5. As a result, he stopped playing again and the Indian Team was 'Banned' from playing football matches with other countries again.. grin grin grin grin

That was my own account of the Fable cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Did India Ever Beat Nigeria 99-1? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 19, 2016
grin grin grin This your version bad pass my own sef

funstufz:
grin grin grin grin

well during our own time, I mean before Samuel Okwaraji died, we were told the same thing with slight differences:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1. It was Segun Odegbami that we were told told scored the only goal

2. His ankle was twisted as a result of his attempt sad sad sad

3. He twisted ankle was made back to 'Normal' as a reward for his bravery undecided undecided undecided

4. He could no longer use the same leg to play football again angry angry angry

5. As a result, he stopped playing again and the Indian Team was 'Banned' from playing football matches with other countries again.. grin grin grin

That was my own account of the Fable cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Messi And His Son Rock Matching Shorts While Spending Time On A Yacht (photos) / Jokes N Jokes / Messi Revealed His Plans For Nigeria In Russia 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.