Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,712 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Suya Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Suya Meat (7017 Views)

Must Suya Meat Be Only Sold At Night / Why Is Suya Not Readily Available As Breakfast? / Why Suya Isn't Being Sold In The Day Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suya Meat by mamagee6(f): 6:01pm On Aug 18, 2009
It tastes yummy

Re: Suya Meat by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2009
Now you are confirmed that you are wicked woman.
Showing all the food and man pikin no fit lay his hands on them
Re: Suya Meat by mohawkchic(f): 3:26am On Aug 20, 2009
~Is that how its sold? on the skewer?

~By The By. . . Anyone knows how to make Suya Pepper? I'm checking Google in a mo. . prolly a recipe online  undecided

~Back home its like some Secret recipe. .It cant be bought unless you're buyiing "Kan-kar-kan" thats what we call it. . .

~The Hausa/Yoruba folks in SLE introduced us to it. . i dont recall it been skewered tho 
Re: Suya Meat by chiejik(f): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
realy that is good
Re: Suya Meat by mamagee6(f): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2009
Tastes yummy. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Suya Meat by amosexy: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2009
This is pure wickedness mamagee . . . You make me wanna wink
I cant wait to go back to nijia cos all those suyas have bin eating here is nt it at all.
Re: Suya Meat by Hauwa1: 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2009
kuli kuli is one ingredient for making it. now the process of making kuli kuli is left for the hausa women. i saw them making it and it is a real task cool.
if you are able to lay your hands on kuli kuli, then u are set for suya spice.
what i saw my friends doing back then was to pound the followings:

kuli kuli, dried pepper, dried ginger, salt, etc. so yummy.

MC, they usually slice it off the skewer into a paper, slice onion etc on it and then powder it the more grin
Re: Suya Meat by CrazyMan(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2009
Looks like you once sold kuli kuli

lol
Re: Suya Meat by Hauwa1: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2009
grin grin lol u taking to mama gee?

yaro mallam here grin
Re: Suya Meat by mohawkchic(f): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2009
~I've just googled kuli Kuli & was about to tell you i noticed peanut as one of the ingredients online. . makes sense now!

~I had no idea Peanut was part of the recipe,i didnt have a clue nor have i particularly tasted it from the pepper. . very interesting!

~I'll have to ask a friend of a friend who goes to N9a often to bring me some! My M8 shared hers w/ me. . .I grilled some meat & sprinkled it on it. . My! My! just Scrumptious!

~I aint even going to pretend i'm going to attempt making it grin

~The Suya back home isnt put on skewers. .I also noticed your suya already have the suya pepper on it on the skewers. . back home,the suya is only added  on the meat after it's sliced. . .  they are sliced larger than pic tho. . . the  onions is optional. . yours look more like shish kebab. . .

~In Conakry Guinea they add mayo on their suya. . .
Re: Suya Meat by CrazyMan(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2009
*Hauwa*:

grin grin lol u taking to mama gee?

yaro mallam here grin
So you indeed sold it shocked

Should in case there are spares, mail them to me co's I really missed that sncak (Kuli kuli) smiley
Re: Suya Meat by topup: 4:19am On Jun 22, 2010
I need this!!
Re: Suya Meat by Pennywise(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2010
I have not seen a guy who likes suya that doesnt like babes. There has to be some inexplicable connection.
Re: Suya Meat by EEngineer1(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
that isnt even the main suya, is that ram suya
Re: Suya Meat by segzicres(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2010
hmm, i'ma go get me some
Re: Suya Meat by David20106: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2010
hello,
Recipe:

1 pound beef such as sirloin
1 cup peanuts
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 red onion peeled and cut into chunks
1 tomato peeled and cut into chunks

1. Cut the beef into bite sized pieces.

2. Make the peanut and spice rub.

1. Grind the peanuts in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. Don't grind the peanuts too much because you'll end up with peanut butter. If your ground peanuts end up being oily, place the peanuts in paper towels and squeeze the oil out so the peanuts are dry.
   2. Mix the ginger, pepper, paprika, garlic and other spices in a small bowl.
   3. Split the spice mix between two bowls. Set one bowl aside.

3. Dip and roll the meat in the other bowl of spice mix. Be sure the meat in throughly covered.

4. Let the meat marinate for at least 30 minutes.

5. Push the meat onto skewers alternating with red onion and tomato if desired.

6. Place the suya on a hot barbeque grill. Grill until meat is well done.

7. Take the meat, red onions, and tomatoes off the skewers and put into a bowl. If you didn't roast the red onions and tomatoes, mix them in with the meat.

Serve the suya with the reserved peanut spice mix for sprinkling or dipping. Be sure you do not use the mix that came in contact with the raw meat.
Personalized gifts
Re: Suya Meat by IdeaIsNeed: 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
Will be trying this recipe. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Whipped Cream In Lagos? And Milo In Sponge Cake? / Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. / 'afang Soup Is "The Best SOUP In The World,if I Lie Make I Leave Nairaland{pics}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.