Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Which Tribe Makes The Best Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Tribe Makes The Best Music (1894 Views)

Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by Ikengawo: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
though I'm Igbo i've got to say a lot River State and Yoruba music is the shit!

In representation of the IGBO delegation i would like to cite Osadebe, P.Square, Oliver De Coque, African China, NICO MBARGA, Sunny bobo (not that popular nationally) Oriental Brothers, Sir Warrior, and the short lived African Rhythm Messengers.

but im also a huge fan of Sonny Okosun, Fela, Rex Lawson, and other non igbo music.

i've literally never heard a good Hausa song. undecided
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by lalaboi(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
NO matter what tribe. . .good music is good music. . . .
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by charlesopp(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2009
@poster
at shit,u skunk grin
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by rapjunkie(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2009
this thread serves no purpose apart from to provoke hostility between different tribes.

I can't believe that lalaboi did not delete this post but even added a comment it.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by lysaa(f): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2009
u gettin it twisted man, hostility is the least expected from this i think.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by rapjunkie(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
lysaa:

u gettin it twisted man, hostility is the least expected from this i think.

ok, let see what happens
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by russellino: 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
For me I think yoruba musicians have made the best music. From sunny ade, seal, sade adu, mode 9,fela , i could go on and on. coming in second must be the ikwerre people, their melodies give me goosebumps.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by econsult(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
I beg you in the name of God to mind what you say abt God's annointed
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by rapjunkie(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
russellino:

For me I think yoruba musicians have made the best music. From sunny ade, seal, sade adu, mode 9,fela , i could go on and on. coming in second must be the ikwerre people, their melodies give me goosebumps.

let me guess . . . . . .you are a yoruba man .  . .  doh!

i don't think any ibo/ hausa  e.t.c man would agree with you. . . . . .AND does Mode 9 make yoruba music? OR are you saying that he is good MC because he is yoruba?

@lalaboi

I repeat . . ,  . . . . . . .This thread is pointless and stupid. Ikengawo had a clear agenda when he posted this topic because he aint even interested in music
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by Ikengawo: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
im an igbo and i would agree, the yoruba have an impressive catalog of musicians.
idiot

and i don't know why this can't be discussed without everyone getting scared of a civil war. Just say which tribes music you like and move on, nobody is insulting anyone or attacking anyone. gay.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by lalaboi(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
Ikenagwo. . .if you dont mind. . . .keep insults out of discussions. . . .

You can edit your post or i'll delete it. . .
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by asha80(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
lalaboi:

Ikenagwo. . .if you dont mind. . . .keep insults out of discussions. . . .

You can edit your post or i'll delete it. . .

I really do not see how insults will not fly in this thread meaning that you will have a lot of work to do.Personally i feel it is better to lock up this thread.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by Ikengawo: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2009
One person says they like ijaw music

another says they like edo music

then someone comes in and say they'll rape all their mothers?

im sorry, i really dont see how an insult can come out of this unless the person is prone to insult ppl to begin with. im only insulting you gays cause you can't discuss nigerian music without acting like a war is going to break out. which is stupid.
Re: Which Tribe Makes The Best Music by lalaboi(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
**thread locked**

The poster will not lead by example! If you was going to have this discussion without insults (which is very much possible) i could have spared the thread! i dont have a problem with it even though Asha and RapJ have concerns . . .but you seem to be more interested in having an insult battle. . . .

(1)

Hustlaz Music/la Therapy By Ijaw Boyz Allstarz---brand New Video / Site To Download Music / Don Jazzy Begs Dbanj After Fans Abandon Him As His Career As A Producer Fails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.