Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

My Ordeals At Nigeria Post Office - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeals At Nigeria Post Office (572 Views)

My Life Ordeals / Vacancies At Nigeria Training Network (NTN) / S.I.W.E.S At Nigeria Breweries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Ordeals At Nigeria Post Office by Magicdon(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2016
I was sent a parcel from South Africa by a lady friend. The parcel is a birthday gift consisting of a shirt n jean trousers with 5packs of noodles n 2 sandines.
I reside in enugu. A staff of the post office called me, tellin me to com n collect my parcel. When coming, i should come with roughly 3k. I asked him why? He said "its for custom charge". I said d sender of the parcel has paid for everything concernin d delivery. On reaching dere i dint see who called me on phone. They told me he went out. A lady staff attended to me n said i will pay 1k. Dat is custom charge from Lagos. I informed my parcel has been paid for delivery by the sender. She now said i should wait let her call the man that called me. The man told her to tell me i will pay N2400. I told them my parcel is a personal item. I said i will give them 1k, that's wat i have with me, she refused. I came back the following day insisting i will see their manager. The manager is a woman. I politely explained my situation to her. She said its from Lagos that its the custom in Lagos that charged me. She was tellin me that d charge on it is too much since its a personal item, that it has already been written, nothing can she can do. She insist i have to pay the N2400. I suspect they are doing some sharp practices in that postal institution. Is it legal to demand payment before parcel owners collect their parcel? I don't know what is happening, NIPOST staff are exploiting parcel owners. Is that how its been done? Someone tell me pls.

(1) (Reply)

A hero Police Smile For Camera Stopping A Suicide Bomber / How To Become Poor / I Finally Get To Meet The Friendly Giant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.