Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord (3278 Views)

Linda Ikeji Ordered For Bentley Mulsanne For Herself & Her Unborn Son: A Review / Photos Of Kiss Daniel's House, A Beautiful Mansion / Cute Photo Of Kiss Daniel Got Fans Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 20, 2016
Gworldwyde Entertainment Act and Headies 2016 Next rated nominee, Kiss Daniel aka Vaddo recently dropped his Debut Album titled New ERA on the 16th of May 2016. The Woju and Laye Crooner decided to drop the album in respect of the acceptance his singles, Woju, laye and Mama has gotten from music listeners across the country and Africa as a whole.
Haven listened to the album thoroughly, here is a review of Kiss Daniel album , NEW ERA.
ALBUM COVER
The Album cover is nothing exceptional or capable of causing a spark like Olamide BGEL Gunman pose album cover or Wizkid traditional African setting for his Joy album......The design is however solid and fine boy kiss makes sure the cover is well attractive to anyone who sights it.

INTRO
The album opens with the Lovely tune , New King which obviously is to prove that the singer is the new king set to take over the industry with the album and send a warning to anybody occupying the throne to vacate as soon as possible... A very good track that puts you in the mood of an exciting journey.I think this intro is quite a perfect one and is going to be on repeat for me.

STAND OUT TACKS AND POTENTIAL MONSTER HITS
DURO- this love is very loveable. Kiss daniel exudes his vocal prowess through his sonorous and harmonous voice on this track with meaningful and exciting lyrics begging his loved one to please stay with him and not forsake him.kims beat did a good job.

JOMBO- A dance and feel good track that sure will get you shaking your head and your waist at the same time smiling to the funny lyrics. Produced by masterkraft, if you want to dance, this is a track for the happy people..

Your brother is black belt, jombo jombo ooo..

GOBE- Gobe is capable of being as big as Davidos Gobe.On the track , he talks about what the people are saying about his life and career at the same time addressing salient issues about life.. He agains shows he is a vocal powerhouse on this track... Bound to be on repeat.

ALL GOD- A thanksgiving song to God for all the blessings he is getting and will still get. Personally , my favourite... *dancing skelewu *
Alone- A track detailing kiss struggle from an unknown upcoming artist to a well known artist. Quite inspirational and a banger. Dj coublon came through on this one.

ALBUM FILLERS

Kiss me – Basically mama part 2..

Give INTO- A very wack attempt to make some foreign like love song on a very noisy instrumental .. A totally lazy hook and weak lyrics makes the track so distasteful.

Other tracks like sin city, Another day, Are you alright, kudi and nothing dey are all average tracks that listeners may love upon constant replay. Nothing really special.

SUGARBOY features- My biggest dissapointment was the tracks sugarboy featured on the album. Sugarboy virtually had no new flavour to add to the album which was something i totally didnt expect .. The Only track on the album in which sugarboy impressed had to be the reggae styled napo. Sugarboy really dissapointed on the album.

GENERAL REVIEW

It might be safe to say that the absence of guest artists really affected the general taste of the album.. I believe artistes like Flavour, 9ice and Maybe Seyi shay could have inputed brilliant verses into the album as far as songs like Duro, Kudi and Jombo are concerned.

New Era does well talking about productions with production from masterkraft, Young john,DJ coublon,jaysleek,beatburx and kimz beats.The production is top notch and the album is well mixed and properly mastered, no too much auto tune or adlibs...personally, Production is 90 over 100.

Another plus for the album is the indept lyrics. Kiss daniel is a good songwriter. At least 70 percent of the album songs are filled with good lyrics and awesome rhymes.. Almost all the tracks have a message from the street, to thanking God,to inspirational tracks and then love. Kiss ensured he touched a variety of issues listeners can relate to, from old to young to female and male and this is the essence of music.

All in all, kiss daniel showcased his vocal prowess excellently on all the tracks and calmness and maturity in delivery at the same time showing his versatility from the reggae napo and sin city to the afro pop alone, hip hop ghetto boys and other track. This obviously show kiss is not a one way artiste with a singular style.

NEW era may have indeed set a new era in terms of lyrics and production in the nigerian music industry and This aint a bad debut album at all for an artiste and this album is recommended for all music lovers out there. It is surely worth the wait ...

Rating -6/10

written by Iamsynord
@iamsynord

1 Share

Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 20, 2016
rating 11/10
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by tammyboy1(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2016
Nigga is talented no doubt
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by IamOpemipo(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2016
The analysis is spot on..

But I think the mastering could have been better, and som tracks on the album could have been bigger if dude made use of bigger producers, aside the beats from young jonn (esp all God) and coublon, all other beat are jus dere, kiss saving grace was his in depth lyricism, melody and good voice.

Also on the issue of feat an A-list artiste, pls who a-list don epp?, sebi y'all saw the rubbish they (tiwa, davido) did to woju remix, save for 2face who's boss when it comes to dishing out good lyrics, I don't see how other artistes with 'em commercial flow will fit in2 this album, else they water down the flow and cause confusion, this is why u'll neva see brymo feat anyone on his album, and wen I talk brymo y'all know wat I mean.

Sugaboi no try @ all, his addition to the album was as useless as the P in pneumonia, vaddo shld have maintained his no feature status, shuga had the opportunity to shine, buh cldnt meet up with xpectation.

Finally, new era is a very good album, this guy reminds me of the vintage 9ice and 2face embedded in one person,buh I doubt our naija pple will appreciate the album, it rarely boast of them fast dance beat or catchy,lewd and shallow lyrics that has taken over the naija music scene..

The album is 8/10 for me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2016
cc lalasticlala,dominique
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 20, 2016
tammyboy1:
Nigga is talented no doubt

kiss is quite talented.
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 20, 2016
praizeblog:
rating 11/10
hahaha...lol
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by RedCard1(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2016
rating is 4/10. the album is farrrr better than Tiwa Savage's auto tune filled Once upon a time album though
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by halfricanadian(f): 9:11pm On May 20, 2016
I looooovvvvveeeee it

Especially mama song kiss kiss kiss kiss

My naija one nd only fav celeb nd celeb crush
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by pretydiva(f): 6:53am On May 21, 2016
Never heard most of d songs. Jst here 2 read comments
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Israel5(m): 7:46am On May 21, 2016
How old is he really? He claims 94 ND he graduatd 3yrs ago frm Funaab(hs yangr bro is stil there nw sef) aftr a 5yr course meaning he got admission at the age of 12/13.. Hmm. OP, cn u verify?
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by ClassCaptain(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2016
Kudos
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
halfricanadian:
I looooovvvvveeeee it
Especially mama song kiss kiss kiss kiss
My naija one nd only fav celeb nd celeb crush
u really love him ooo
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by halfricanadian(f): 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
Iamsynord:

u really love him ooo

smiley
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by IamOpemipo(m): 5:54am On May 22, 2016
Lalasticlala oya gbera!
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 7:20am On May 22, 2016
aĺl the songs where sugar boi featured were just too dope
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by ClassCaptain(m): 4:15pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
How old is he really? He claims 94 ND he graduatd 3yrs ago frm Funaab(hs yangr bro is stil there nw sef) aftr a 5yr course meaning he got admission at the age of 12/13.. Hmm. OP, cn u verify?

only kiss himself can answer that oo
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by ClassCaptain(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2016
machinegundammy:
aĺl the songs where sugar boi featured were just too dope

are u joking or serious ?
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Israel5(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:

only kiss himself can answer that oo
hmm. Bt d Op's body language shows he knws alot abt Dan
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by ClassCaptain(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
hmm. Bt d Op's body language shows he knws alot abt Dan

body language nkwanu...

He tried for the album sha
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Israel5(m): 4:37pm On May 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:

body language nkwanu...
He tried for the album sha
i guess
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:

are u joking or serious ?
Sincerely speaking...
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by ClassCaptain(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2016
machinegundammy:
Sincerely speaking...
sugarboy spoiled that album
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 6:37am On May 24, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Easy on the guy joor. Nah sugar boi be the only 9ja artiste wey sure say go later win grammy. LOL
On a serious note the guy's contributions and effort to the success of the album deserves an applaud
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by bosschick2(f): 7:22am On May 24, 2016
that write up is just too long joor lipsrsealed
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Akposkool(m): 7:49am On May 24, 2016
This is the most talented young artiste in Nigeria. It's a pity most of us don't listen to his type of songs anymore.
Some prefer noise makers like Lil kesh
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 7:46am On May 26, 2016
Akposkool:
This is the most talented young artiste in Nigeria. It's a pity most of us don't listen to his type of songs anymore.
Some prefer noise makers like Lil kesh

lol
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by omobs(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2016
Op nice review u gat here. Wanna borrow some lines from ur review for my dept magazine, hope it's nt plagiarism
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 29, 2016
omobs:
Op nice review u gat here. Wanna borrow some lines from ur review for my dept magazine, hope it's nt plagiarism

no p boss.. What is the name of your dept and the school...
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by tyrant111: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
Q
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by tyrant111: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
Q
Re: A Review Of Kiss Daniel New Era Album By Iamsynord by IamOpemipo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:

As s feature, but I tink is bakup vocals were good enuff

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Hottest Girls Davido Has Slept With – Number 2 Is So Beautiful / Sexy Curves of Ashanti at the BraVo Awards in Russia (photos) / Fan Claims Wizkid Slept With Her HIV Positive Friend Without Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.