Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,336 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Right Bible Version - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right Bible Version (489 Views)

10 Reasons Why The KJV Is Still The Most Popular Bible Version / Where Is Matthew 18:11 In The NIV Bible Version? / How Do I No If I Have The Right Bible Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Right Bible Version by Israel5(m): 1:00pm On May 20, 2016
My dear brethren in Christ, i need your opinions on the perfect bible translation to use. I know the word of God is best understood by the help of the Holy Spirit(heart knowledge) but it is also essential we have a head knowledge of the word too(atleast thats what i think). I for one, use the Amplified version and when i read it in church, people say 'i need that bible'. The Amp. Version for me is best because it gives an original meaning to an originally hebrew(OT)-greek(NT) written bible word for word with inferences. Many other versions like King james, revised standard, goodnews, new living, rhapsody, Mfm..lol, etc don't have this Amp. Feature, hereby leaving the reader thesame or more confused. So what version do you use? Why? And what version should every christian use? Should we have all versions possible?
P.s: ignore the head knwldge nd heart knwldge thng if u dnt undrstnd. Thank you.
Re: The Right Bible Version by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 20, 2016
Keep the amplified,

And try other versions too. They compliment each other in my opinion. I think NIV is okay. After reading the King James version, I got attached to its old poetic english. It's also free of modern cultural influence for the most part.
Re: The Right Bible Version by Israel5(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2016
Muafrika2:
After reading the King James version, I got attached to its old poetic english. It's also free of modern cultural influence for the most part.

i like ths part. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christ Message To His Church In Nigeria (prophecy) / Endtimes : Revelation 2 & 3... 7 Letters To 7 Churches Pt 2 - Jack Kelley / Need Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.