Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman (773 Views)

EFCC Seizes George Turnah's Houses And Bank Accounts / "Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Has 20 Bank Accounts In 6 Banks" / Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
Don’t credit my bank accounts without my knowledge, EFCC chairman warns families of suspects

Commission, EFCC, has raised the alarm over the illegal use of the name its chairman, Ibrahim Magu, by unidentified individuals to extort money from the public.
A statement from its Head of Media and Publicity, Wilson Uwujaren, said it had come to the notice of the commission that some persons claiming to have Mr. Magu’s permission were asking people for payments to secure the release of suspects under investigation.

“Some unsuspecting members of the public have fallen victim of this scam and made huge payments to this syndicate,” Mr. Uwujaren said.
“The commission warns the public to be wary of the activities of these fraudulent individuals who have no relationship whatsoever with Mr. Magu and the EFCC.”

He said the EFCC chairman had not mandated anybody to collect money from individuals and or organisations on his behalf.

“I have not mandated anybody to collect money on my behalf from any person or organisation. It is not in my character to do so otherwise I will not be in this office. I am contented with what I am paid at the end of the month,” the EFCC spokesperson quoted Mr. Magu as saying.

He called on members of the public, especially relatives and friends of persons under investigation by the commission, to quickly report any person who approaches them with a proposal to collect bribe on Mr. Magu’s behalf for the release of their loved ones, to the commission.
“Anyone caught trying to tarnish my hard earned reputation and integrity must be prepared to face the music. I have accounts in three banks and, on no account should anybody make lodgements into any of my accounts without my knowledge,” Mr. Uwujaren quoted the EFCC boss to have said.

He noted that there had been an increase in the activities of the scammers who sent messages to members of the public across the country, conveying the commission’s purported readiness to “play ball,” after a reasonable settlement is arranged.

It said the commission was resolute to carry out its duties guided only by the fear of God, the overriding interest of Nigeria and the rule of law; without any resort to monetary rewards.
The commission therefore, advised the public to report calls from suspected scammers and forward the callers’ numbers to the EFCC via info@efccnigeria.org, theeagle@efccnigeria.org.
The commission, he said could also be reached on the following hotlines: 09-9044571, 09-9044572, 09-9044573.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/203763-dont-credit-bank-accounts-without-knowledge-efcc-chairman-warns-families-suspects.html

Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by kossyablaze(m): 1:07pm On May 20, 2016
Choi... I envy u

1 Like

Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 20, 2016
" I have accounts in three banks and, on no account should anybody make lodgements into any of my accounts without my knowledge." shocked

Amazing clarification...this is important before they set him up using "Dasukigate" proceeds.

Sai Buhari grin In the past, the number of accounts held by civil servants would not be disclosed to the public. cool

I am sure the banks are First, Union and Wema (old school)

Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Taeewo(m): 1:10pm On May 20, 2016
u dont mean it Magun ( Thunderbolt)
Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Adaowerri111: 1:17pm On May 20, 2016
You can discredit your acct after being credited ...just send back the funds without delay, saint magun abi mugu
Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by tuzeriouz(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2016
Magu is just saying the opposite.
Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 20, 2016
All the money that has been credited all this while into your account plus the ones that all those big thieves stole and returned part of it back to avoid prosecution,where did those ones enter? I trust Sai Baba,any fuckup or mismanagement from you,you are gone
Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by ERONX(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2016
ok
Re: Don't Credit My Bank Accounts Without My Knowledge- EFCC Chairman by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 20, 2016
Keneking:
" I have accounts in three banks and, on no account should anybody make lodgements into any of my accounts without my knowledge." shocked

Amazing clarification...this is important before they set him up using "Dasukigate" proceeds.

Sai Buhari grin In the past, the number of accounts held by civil servants would not be disclosed to the public. cool

I am sure the banks are First, Union and Wema (old school)
I guess its because stealing now is corruption, and please why do you always post pictures of monkeys alongside your posts all the time?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Man Killed In A Deadly Hit- And-run Accident On Osborne Road, Ikoyi / Abia Govt Begins Free Feeding In Primary Schools / Jonathan Remains The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.