Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! (12619 Views)

Union Bank Campus Innovation Challenge For Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students / FCMB Wins Two Awards At Great Place To Work In Africa 2018 Awards Night / Union Bank Art Challenge: Interpretation Of Union Bank Stallion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by kaboninc(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

Wetin them go gimme undecidedfirst the one I see in this my present environment is devastating (enugu) it just seems like the oldest bank in Nigeria, their paints are falling off, their logo is ugly, so it's not like I am trying to demarket them, I am just speaking from what I see. Secondly It's only my nearly 70 year old aunt and my friends 60 year old mum that has ever told me to help them withdraw money from union bank, making me draw the conclusion that it is an old people's bank and thirdly, the fact that no sane youth would like to bank with them undecided maybe they should up their game, if not, in a few years time, It might be referred to as "that ancient bank" lipsrsealed

They are not the only bank that has the elderly as their customers. First Bank and UBA are the other banks with large customer base. That still does not make it an old people's bank.

You cannot also compare the branch in your community with another in a city with potential customers. Its just operational strategy. I believe if you go to upward areas where competition is tough, you'll see the difference.

And who say that no sane youth wouldn't want to bank with them? That's not true. You for instance, what are your banking needs that you think the bank cannot provide?
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 5:49pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

They are not the only bank that has the elderly as their customers. First Bank and UBA are the other banks with large customer base. That still does not make it an old people's bank.

You cannot also compare the branch in your community with another in a city with potential customers. Its just operational strategy. I believe if you go to upward areas where competition is tough, you'll see the difference.

And who say that no sane youth wouldn't want to bank with them? That's not true. You for instance, what are your banking needs that you think the bank cannot provide?
Nwanem are you union bank customer service Representative?
Please don't get me wrong, I only said in my environment, meaning my opinion is largely based on what I saw in my environs. another thing, where I school, union bank came to do some promo, believe me, gossip goes round plus I saw it with my eyes, people did not respond to whatever they were trying to advertise, making them leave devastated.
See I don't think I am the only one with the mentality of it been an old people's bank. I believe union bank representatives are here, let them do a poll and you will discover that most people see the bank as old people's bank, trust me
As to what they can provide, last I went there in 2014 they had faulty computer systems, they had no lights in the bank(it was lighted by the sky sad) and they could not even provide us (my mum and I) enough information about money transfer Abi Western union and we really needed it. Like it was the last hope my mum had then but they disappointed us(I watched my mum get frustrated by them undecided).
I don't know if they have upgraded and the truth is that it was in Abuja, I think central district (I can't remember)
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by Leo2flex(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2016
David0:
G

Yeh right.

They have really improved on their services lately. Unlike those days where u watch staffs peeling egusi inside the bank grin
No kill me with Laugh
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by nellyswag(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

Please don't get me wrong, I only said in my environment, meaning my opinion is largely based on what I saw in my environs. another thing, where I school, union bank came to do some promo, believe me, gossip goes round plus I saw it with my eyes, people did not respond to whatever they were trying to advertise, making them leave devastated.
See I don't think I am the only one with the mentality of it been an old people's bank. I believe union bank representatives are here, let them do a poll and you will discover that most people see the bank as old people's bank, trust me
As to what they can provide, last I went there in 2014 they had faulty computer systems, they had no lights in the bank(it was lighted by the sky sad) and they could not even provide us (my mum and I) enough information about money transfer Abi Western union and we really needed it. Like it was the last hope my mum had then but they disappointed us(I watched my mum get frustrated by them undecided).
I don't know if they have upgraded and the truth is that it was in Abuja, I think central district (I can't remember)

My brother, walk into any Union bank branch and see the difference
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 6:00pm On May 21, 2016
nellyswag:

My brother, walk into any Union bank branch and see the difference
I am a lady and I don't have any good reason to go to the bank tongue by the way, the one across my street is still looking ugly and devastating undecided

1 Like

Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by Hadeybholar(f): 6:19pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

I am a lady and I don't have any good reason to go to the bank tongue by the way, the one across my street is still looking ugly and devastating undecided

seeing is believing my dear, I used to have dat mentality of old bank ish. but now I can say vividly dat ubn will be among d top banks by 2018. just walk into any of deir branches and sight d difference.
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 6:21pm On May 21, 2016
Hadeybholar:

seeing is believing my dear, I used to have dat mentality of old bank ish. but now I can say vividly dat ubn will be among d top banks by 2018. just walk into any of deir branches and sight d difference.
Thank you, you've given me a reason to visit their bank. I'll try cool
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by kaboninc(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

Like you stated, your opinions are subjective and may not reflect the reality on ground.

But be that as it may, that still does not mean that Union Bank is the same old bank for grannies. This money transfer you talked about, at a time, they were the only bank that can consistently guaranty you the opportunity to use Western Money.

That branch may have some problems with their infrastructure or could be that they were doing some renovation works.

I am a customer of the bank. So I speak from experience. You still haven't told us your banking needs.

The rebranding exercise they did is to let people like you and your friends know that they're now poised to take on new challenges as demanded by the 21st century realities.

I don't think there's any banking product and services that exist that the bank does not provide
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Like you stated, your opinions are subjective and may not reflect the reality on ground.

But be that as it may, that still does not mean that Union Bank is the same old bank for grannies. This money transfer you talked about, at a time, they were the only bank that can consistently guaranty you the opportunity to use Western Money.

That branch may have some problems with their infrastructure or could be that they were doing some renovation works.

I am a customer of the bank. So I speak from experience. You still haven't told us your banking needs.

The rebranding exercise they did is to let people like you and your friends know that they're now poised to take on new challenges as demanded by the 21st century realities.

I don't think there's any banking product and services that exist that the bank does not provide
OK, you win. Come up with an amazing promo and I will sure patronise you.
And moreover I need to open a real dormant account, like the one you save money for an Unknown period of time while you are being paid interest by the bank (you get). How many percent interest do you give?
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by fxdee(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2016
titiakins:
So union bank still dey

The bank wey if you need money
you have to go to the branch you opened your account

Funny style of operation
with due respest this is not correct...maybe in the past but not now and if you r told that in any of their branches pls call their customer care to report..
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by kaboninc(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

And moreover I need to open a real dormant account, like the one you save money for an Unknown period of time while you are being paid interest by the bank (you get). How many percent interest do you give?

Bae, I don't work with Union Bank but I do have operational banking experience as I've dealth with practically almost all Nigerian banks.

You can't open a 'real dormant' account. If you want to save up, just open a savings account that comes with some added benefits like issuance of checks (this won't go through clearing though) and save up. The percentage varies but its within 3-4% per annum.

If you have substantial amount, you could place it on call or fixed and your interest depends on the amount too.

Dormancy comes when you don't use the account (withdrawal transactions) for a long period of time usually six months (like Heritage Bank which is very strict). When its dormant, you can only make deposits but not withdrawals.
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 7:08pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Bae, I don't work with Union Bank but I do have operational banking experience as I've dealth with practically almost all Nigerian banks.

You can't open a 'real dormant' account. If you want to save up, just open a savings account that comes with some added benefits like issuance of checks (this won't go through clearing though) and save up. The percentage varies but its within 3-4% per annum.

If you have substantial amount, you could place it on call or fixed and your interest depends on the amount too.

Dormancy comes when you don't use the account (withdrawal transactions) for a long period of time usually six months (like Heritage Bank which is very strict). When its dormant, you can only make deposits but not withdrawals.
OK, I meant fixed deposit
Meanwhile why were you arguing with me like you work in the bank? undecided
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by kaboninc(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

OK, I meant fixed deposit
Meanwhile why were you arguing with me like you work in the bank? undecided

But I repeatedly told you that I don't work with the bank na. Habaa
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 7:21pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

But I repeatedly told you that I don't work with the bank na. Habaa
Please I am in the middle of a tension filled arena, please lemme concentrate on yabbing those hypocrites that want man u to fail.
Up Manchester United. I love you!!! cool cheesy grin tongue
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by kaboninc(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

Please I am in the middle of a tension filled arena, please lemme concentrate on yabbing those hypocrites that want man u to fail.
Up Manchester United. I love you!!! cool cheesy grin tongue

Enjoy!
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by mysticgal(f): 7:32pm On May 21, 2016
kaboninc:

Enjoy!
Thanks wink
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by titiakins: 7:49pm On May 21, 2016
fxdee:
with due respest this is not correct...maybe in the past but not now and if you r told that in any of their branches pls call their customer care to report..
my brother before his death was a staunch customer of union bank
Whenever he needs money form his bank he would drive from Abuja where he works all the way to Kaduna

Annoying!
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by David0(m): 10:31pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

Hi, I've read some of ur comment and I must say I understand everything u said.

It is normal if u still see d Bank as old people's Bank, dat I believe is because d transformation is yet to reflect in that branch building close to u. Am sure if u go inside, d service is quite standard now.

The transformation first started with her value and culture, then they introduced a new brand, and structural outlook.

If that branch close to u is still looking old, just be rest assured that in no time that branch will be transformed. Maybe then u will start feeling d youthfulness of dis new Union Bank.

It is a gradual process.
Like I stated earlier, in about 2yrs from now, the bank may become the leading Bank in Nigeria.
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by David0(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
mysticgal:

U can go for their fixed deposit or better still, go for their UnionKorrect or UnionGoal, but u must open a regular account either savings or current account.

The UnionKorrect u get to save 5k every month for 4yrs I guess, of which u get an opportunity to win N1m at d quarterly draw. And also ensure and interest of about 3.6%.

UnionGoal helps u become a millionaire by saving a particular about for a period of 1,2,3 or 4yrs depending on d amount. The higher the period the less amount is required to save monthly and higher d interest rate. Meaning, if ur going for a 1yr period, u sure become a millionaire by Dec, if ur going for 4yrs, u sure become a millionaire in 4yrs.

In all, am sure u will enjoy their service.
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by David0(m): 11:27pm On May 21, 2016
overboard:

Which agency was responsible for the creative executions?

Modified:

I've found out, Landor, US but likely their S.A. shop, without help from any Nigerian agency. Kinda of thought it'd be a certain CreativeXone that won their account sometime ago.

Update:

I still have N80k non-reversed POS transaction several months down the line and it is still unresolved. I don write letter tire!

If u use another bank's ATM debit card on a Union Bank POS terminal and u got debited even tho transaction failed, then I suggest u go to ur Bank for d reversal. But the case is such that u used ur Union Bank ATM debit card on another bank's POS terminal, then I believe ur letter was directed to Union Bank??

This issue is quite complicated, Union Bank will have to contact the bank that owns d POS terminal, the bank in turn will verify from their customer whose POS u used, if d customer denies such, then u may likely not get a refund. Another thing that may cos such delay is if the other Bank fail to respond to Union Bank, the bank is left stranded.

My advice to u is to follow up on the issue, u can send a direct mail to their customer care unit customerservice@unionbankng.com
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by tee4naija(m): 2:22am On May 22, 2016
Just like someone aptly compared tomatoes and apples. Tomatoes are now more expensive than apples in Nigeria.so,never look down on any one. Nobody way no fit to make am!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by Nonsoross(m): 8:34am On May 22, 2016
Thatitan234:
Nice move... But many Nigerians still see them as the "Old citizens and Govt Salary" bank
true this
Re: Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards! by verygudbadguy(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2016
David0:

If u use another bank's ATM debit card on a Union Bank POS terminal and u got debited even tho transaction failed, then I suggest u go to ur Bank for d reversal. But the case is such that u used ur Union Bank ATM debit card on another bank's POS terminal, then I believe ur letter was directed to Union Bank??

This issue is quite complicated, Union Bank will have to contact the bank that owns d POS terminal, the bank in turn will verify from their customer whose POS u used, if d customer denies such, then u may likely not get a refund. Another thing that may cos such delay is if the other Bank fail to respond to Union Bank, the bank is left stranded.

My advice to u is to follow up on the issue, u can send a direct mail to their customer care unit customerservice@unionbankng.com

I would have asked him to DM his details so I could help forward to d appropriate dept but I don't want to be tagged a fraudster.

All he needs to do is go to d nearest branch and Lodge the compliant. The issue will be resolved swiftly. It's no biggie at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Intervenes In Dispute Between Samsung Heavy Industries And LADOL / Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills / Deep Freezer For Ice Block Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.