Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (40189 Views)

Buhari ‘warns Aides Over Obasanjo’ / FG Warns Niger Delta Youths - Oil Will Dry, Prepare For The Future / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mile12crises: 6:33pm On May 20, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Friday, urged militants in the Niger Delta to drop their confrontational stance and work with his government to review the Amnesty Programme initiated by the Late ex-President Umaru Yar’Adua Administration.

President Buhari assured oil companies operating in the Niger Delta that the Federal Government is taking all necessary actions to protect strategic assets in the region from vandals and criminals.
Speaking at a meeting with the Global Director (Upstream) of the Royal Dutch Shell Group, Andrew Brown, President Buhari said that he had directed the Chief of Naval Staff to reorganise and strengthen the military Joint Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta to deal effectively with the resurgence of militancy and the sabotage of oil installations.

The President told Mr. Brown that the operations of the JTF were also being enhanced with increased support and cooperation from the United States and Europe in the areas of training, intelligence, equipment and logistics. He said: “We have to be very serious with the situation in the Niger Delta because it threatens the national economy.
I assure you that everything possible will be done to protect personnel and oil assets in the region.”

The president urged aggrieved persons, militants and communities in the Niger Delta to drop their confrontational stance and work with those who have been charged by the Federal Government to review the Amnesty Programme initiated by the Yar’Adua Administration for the benefit of all parties. President Buhari praised the resilience and staying power of Shell in Nigeria despite the operational challenges of the environment .

He urged the company to do its best to end gas flaring in the Niger Delta quickly and produce more gas for electricity generation to support manufacturing and job creation in the country. Mr. Brown had appealed for an urgent solution to rising crime and militancy in the Niger Delta. The Shell Executive also dispelled speculations that the company was pulling out of Nigeria. He said that contrary to such speculations, Shell was currently in discussions with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) on new joint oil and gas projects.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/dont-confront-administration-buhari-warns-niger-delta-militants/

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mile12crises: 6:35pm On May 20, 2016
They bombed another oil platform in Delta state while Buhari is still busy talking about amnesty,forgetting that globalization have opened the eyes of boys,to the extent that they have realized that they are born to enjoy their resources more than Indimi,Danjuma,Atiku, Deribe,Bello Alakija,Obj and many other Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba vandals.

The so called armed forces should prepare to accompany Shell inside the Creek.

Let the illiterate and goro-chweing Daura animal go to the creek and confront the militants himself.

The hollow-looking skunk thinks Niger delta is sambisa forest that you can bombard without it having a negative effect on the economy.

Laughable!

Buhari is a typical mallam cool

332 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Integrityfarms(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2016
A man who fails to understand the role of diplomacy and tact in an administration but believes in forces and armoury is fit to be a stone age man! Buhari is absolutely good for nothing and his surrounded by the worst of senseless sycophants!

229 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Xapio: 6:40pm On May 20, 2016
Attend to their demand.. Old cargo angry

136 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by fweshh(m): 6:41pm On May 20, 2016
If you cant attend to all their demands, at least pick 4 that will be easy to implement. Most of the groups demand are not that rigid except for the one which calls for the disintegration of Nigeria(which i dont support) aside that the rest are negotiable.

Buhari should invite these boys for peace talk before their 7days ultimatum expires if not na to port go ghana or abidjan sure pass ooo

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by SeverusSnape(m): 6:42pm On May 20, 2016
Buhari, You were forming Josef Stalin and 'new sheriff' before, right?... You think everything is resolved through the barrel of a gun, I know you're an illiterate, let me educate you; There's something called 'Diplomacy' in handling issues of this kind. Come down from your high horse (donkey), eat the humble pie (gworo) and quit being a dullard.

You call a set of people 5%,You referred to freedom fighters as terrorists, compared them to Bokoharam, and you expect them to be shining their teeth like sycophantic zombified citizens. Buhari, You have bitten more than you can chew.

222 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by redsconsult(m): 6:43pm On May 20, 2016
Must you sweeting the headline in order to make frontpage...

He was apealing to the militants to embrace armnesty ni jawe.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Mynd44: 6:44pm On May 20, 2016
Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by kossyablaze(m): 6:45pm On May 20, 2016
Useless daura animal

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Achuwa1(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2016
mr pmb,obey all the conditions listed by the militants if u want to see fund to run your administration or disobey & run your administration with proceeds from groundnut pyramid in the north if there is still any.
Remember militants from akwa ibom have not started yet coz they are still weighing options given to the red chambers by their senator & if they observe the men in the red chambers are not ready to allocate oil blocks on equity,,then u will be ready to run the affairs of dis country from proceed u get from the crude in Lagos.

109 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by bolanto24(m): 6:47pm On May 20, 2016
This man is becoming more mumuful everyday. He doesn't know the boys have gone pass amnesty issue. They want Resource Control, Restructuring of the country and implementation of the CONFAB 2014 reports.

Or better still grant them the option of referendum. And he's talking of amnesty. Nonsence.

122 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mile12crises: 6:49pm On May 20, 2016
I am with the militants on this...this persecution and daylight robbery need to end.

How can you come you all the way from the arid and unproductive and cursed north and garner all the resources in ones backyard under guise of one Nigeria??

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by DRISKLEF(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by temitemi1(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2016
Dictator speaking...

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by SeverusSnape(m): 6:55pm On May 20, 2016
kossyablaze:
Useless daura animal
My brother, I know you regret voting this tyrant. It's a pity, Buhari will plunge this country further down into abysmal failure.

"When the gods are angry with the people, He sends them wicked rulers".

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by ShakaZullu(m): 6:56pm On May 20, 2016
the new sherifat in town is now a begging sherifat

cc
Omenka

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mile12crises: 6:56pm On May 20, 2016
Buhari should go and flex his muscle in Sambisa against those fighting without justifiable course.

The demands of militants are clear and worth fighting or dying for.

People are displaced from their ancestral homes. Fishing waters and farmlands polluted.

Will the people remain jobless and die in exile while 80 percent of oil blocks in their homes are owned by the same people funding terrorism.

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by MrDavidson: 6:58pm On May 20, 2016
I read all through the story and I didn't see where he used anything close to what the headline reads. But what if he even said so?

The president urged aggrieved persons, militants and communities in the Niger Delta to drop their confrontational stance and work with those who have been charged by the Federal Government to review the Amnesty Programme initiated by the Yar’Adua Administration for the benefit of all parties.

I advise the militants to sheath their swords because I'm sure they'll not be successful to bring the nation to its knees. They seem to think they're unconquerable - black lie!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by SeverusSnape(m): 7:00pm On May 20, 2016
ShakaZullu:
the new sherifat in town is now a begging sherifat

cc
Omenka
Why you dey disturb our brother omenka??

Don't you know he's "half Niger Delta"? grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by mbaboy(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2016
Buhari cooperate

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by EasternLeopard: 7:02pm On May 20, 2016
Buhari cries will soon increase the more

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by tsephanyah(f): 7:13pm On May 20, 2016
To much noise buhari.. Start war with.. them even if it will heat up to civil war.... Nobody wil win the war, when the militant are on the loosing.. we wil call both parties to diplomatic solution... as of now only call of duty creek warfare, iz the solution...lets the economy be...FG.. thiz jarNets want match with the jarheads. let the game begging pls buharee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by youngeagle(m): 7:24pm On May 20, 2016
Our Hit man in Aso Rock now needs help o..lmao

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by princemillla(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2016
I wonder what the next step will be.....

Amnesty ko armory ni. I wonder wat they made out of the then amnesty programme. Deal with them the way they understand. No region or group should hold a nation at ransom.

I wonder what person buhari has become lately. Ptcheeew

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by MarshRiley(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2016
If na hausa people,them go gree?
Let them do the needful until Niger deltans recieve what's due to them,until Sanusi and co get broke

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by drss(m): 8:18pm On May 20, 2016
see buari who provoked niger delta militants dey talk like say pipul fear am sad who dey fear d dullard no be d same pesin wey talk say him go crush niger delta militants like wetin him do boko haram oya make him kuku go crush dem now. mumu, by d time dis militants destroy major oyel facilities for dat area him go wish say him no win election. d dullard should be ready to face d consequencies of his actions against niger delta militants.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by Thewrath(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Why you dey disturb our brother omenka??

Don't you know he's "half Niger Delta"? grin
Na so him tell me yesterday,laugh wan tear my belle...poor boy cheesy

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by hucienda: 8:20pm On May 20, 2016
These NDA (Niger Delta Avengers) are operating in a sophisticated and stealth manner...

James Bond 007 and Jason Bourne.

Imagine how the NDA (Nigeria Defence Academy) would feel being displaced of their acronym by an insurgent popular rival.

The country's production is now around 1.3m bpd (could get worse) against 2.2m bpd.

President Yar'Adua (The self-styled Servant-Leader) was indeed a deft politician on this issue... A diplomat. He sent his then VP Jonathan- who is from their part of the country- to the creeks to listen to them, and having been adviced later...

Instituted Amnesty and created the Niger-Delta Ministry.

Saved himself the stress of the low production levels and headache of the militancy seen in the twilight years of the Obasanjo administration.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by EasternActivist: 8:21pm On May 20, 2016
What they fail to understand is that sambisa is not creeks and NE is not SS. Bombard this areas and see this economy come to a halt.

Sheriff my ass

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by sammyclassics(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2016
Did they not tell buhari that d previous militant kidnapped 1 full speedboat of police patrol in d sea... I laff JTF dem nor go waka pass warri

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants by wxyz1: 8:28pm On May 20, 2016
this old Cargo call PMB look clueless and helpless. you will regret ever being the President of Nigeria if you dont change your way.

46 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The 5 Justices Who Gave Apc’s Oyetola Victory At The Supreme Court / Police Recover Remains Of Robert Namene Loolo Kidnapped Two 2 Years Ago / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Idris As AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.