Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 (9895 Views)

SOLD!!!! Registered 03 corolla. AIr Condition, Gear and Engine is Perfect / mmmm / Is There Any Need For Additional Security For Lexus Rx300? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by Etoo: 7:07pm On May 20, 2016
Good evening all.
I recently bought RX300 and discovered that the gear oil is dark. The engine oil is also dark. My friends were advising me to only change the engine oil and leave out the ATF. Pls is the gear oil supposed to be dark? Should i proceed with the 2 maintenance.
Pls what make of ATF and engine oil is recommended for Rx300.
Thank you.
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by Etoo: 10:46am On May 21, 2016
Pls help
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by princetom1(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2016
Etoo:
Pls help
Cc: GAZZUZZ, Kingreign
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 1:11pm On May 21, 2016
Etoo:
Good evening all.
I recently bought RX300 and discovered that the gear oil is dark. The engine oil is also dark. My friends were advising me to only change the engine oil and leave out the ATF. Pls is the gear oil supposed to be dark? Should i proceed with the 2 maintenance.
Thank you.

Genuine toyota ATF Type T-iV is your Lexus recommended ATF. The Engine oil is Full synthetic 5W30.
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by CashVessel(m): 1:16pm On May 21, 2016
Etoo:
Good evening all.
Thank you.

It shouldn't be dark. It is supposed to be reddish, it's needs to be serviced. A knowledgeable mechanic can change the oil and wash the filter like once in a year. Oando ATF is a good product. For the engine oil, Mobil xhp 1000, or better still if you want to go synthetic; Mobil 1 is an awesome choice. Used on my 300 and now my 350.
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by kingreign(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2016
CashVessel:

It shouldn't be dark. It is supposed to be reddish, it's needs to be serviced. A knowledgeable mechanic can change the oil and wash the filter like once in a year. Oando ATF is a good product. For the engine oil, Mobil xhp 1000, or better still if you want to go synthetic; Mobil 1 is an awesome choice. Used on my 300 and now my 350.

Don't try this in a Toyota or lexus, OP stick to the recommended ATF I suggested for you. It might be expensive, but its cheaper than buying another gearbox and paying for installation.
Don't even think of such Engine oil called Mobil XHP.
Now let's run a quick maths
Mobil XHP 1000 is NGN3500 x 6months = 21,000
But an average 5W30 is circa 8,000-13,000 and you're using it for 5,000miles or 6,months. Now which is more cheaper?

2 Likes

Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by Etoo: 11:04pm On May 22, 2016
kingreign:

Don't try this in a Toyota or lexus, OP stick to the recommended ATF I suggested for you. It might be expensive, but its cheaper than buying another gearbox and paying for installation.
Don't even think of such Engine oil called Mobil XHP.
Now let's run a quick maths
Mobil XHP 1000 is NGN3500 x 6months = 21,000
But an average 5W30 is circa 8,000-13,000 and you're using it for 5,000miles or 6,months. Now which is more cheaper?
Thanks Kingsreign. Is 4 litres going to be enough to service the transmission or is it going to be more than that.
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by Etoo: 11:08pm On May 22, 2016
Thanks all for the advice. Pls how many litres of ATF is required for servicing the transmisdion and how many litres of oil is needed for the engine of RX300
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by drhappy(m): 7:30am On May 23, 2016
Your car should come with a manual which you should study judiciously to help you take adequate care of that baby. That way people won't be telling you to commit an abomination by advising the usage of oando dextron and mobil xhp for a Lexus Rx. If you don't have the manual, you can download it online.
Back to your questions, you need 4.75L of 5w30 oil grade if you are changing the oil filter and 4.5L if you are using the old filter. It is advisable to buy engine oil of 5L or above( Coastal, Lubex etc).
For the gear, you need 5L of Toyota Type T-IV. These are products you can easily buy on konga or jumia depending on your preference. The car might be a bit expensive to maintain but it is highly reliable, dependable and very safe if you take proper care of it. I do a combined journey of over 900miles every forth night with mine and it has never coughed once.

#reppingRx300for2yearsnow#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by tosburg3: 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Pls in this case, how often do you service your rx 300
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by purityjay: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Both your gear box and engine need to be serviced. For the gear, use Toyota or Oando ATF then for your engine use SW or Superstar synthetic oil. These engine oil have been tested to be one of the best so far across the country. They are foreign lubricant.
Re: The Best ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus RX300 by Jodesky(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
purityjay:
Both your gear box and engine need to be serviced. For the gear, use Toyota or Oando ATF then for your engine use SW or Superstar synthetic oil. These engine oil have been tested to be one of the best so far across the country. They are foreign lubricant.

Please ignore this Oando ATF advice. These guys are being sponsored by your village people.

If you look at the Gear Oil dipstick in your car engine, the recommended ATF is imprinted on it and it's the Toyota T-IV as advised by Kingreign.

(1) (Reply)

LEXUS IS250 2007 Fulloption Thumbstart Navigation... 2.65m Quick Sales / 010-015 RANGE Sports/Vogue...Porsche Cayenne/Panamera (4d Chairmen) / »»» Sold!! Toks Hyundai Genesis 015 @ N13.5M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.