Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? (2005 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Site Refineries Where Oil Is Explored – Governor Udom Emmanuel / Goodluck Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 6 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by olapluto(m): 1:02am On May 21, 2016
Nigeria and China sign $23bn deal for three refineries

Nigeria's state-run oil firm NNPC and China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) have signed a $23bn (£16bn; 18bn euros) deal.
The two will jointly seek financing and credits from Chinese authorities and banks to build three refineries and a fuel complex in Nigeria.
The project would add 750,000 barrels per day of extra refining capacity.
NNPC hopes the construction of new refineries will stem the flood of imported refined products into Nigeria.
'Deepen relationships'
Nigeria is the world's 12th-largest oil producer and the eighth-largest oil exporter.
But the country imports roughly 85% of its fuel needs because of the disrepair and mismanagement of its four state-owned refineries.
"We are about to deepen the existing technical and commercial relationships between China and Nigeria through the signing of a memorandum of understanding," said Shehu Ladan, head of NNPC.
The three refineries will be built in Bayelsa, Kogi and Lagos states, while a location has to be confirmed for the petrochemicals complex.
The Nigerian government has said that foreign companies must invest in developing Nigeria's infrastructure and economy first, before they can benefit from its oil and gas exports.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10116945?SThisFB

This is exactly 6 years and 7 days since the deal was signed. Where are the 3 refineries? Or was GEJ just trolling us as usual.

2 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by saaedlee: 1:08am On May 21, 2016
Wow, never again!

6 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by DaBullIT(m): 1:20am On May 21, 2016
I found this news article as well as others that the GEJ/PDP led government had signed several agreements, including refineries , rails , and God knows what earlier when there was a question as to why Buhari went to china to sign a deal, i since concluded PDP was never about Nigeria it's about personal pockets , that renewed my hate for PDP

People are currently arguing that GEJ actually laid foundations at second Niger Bridge, i scoured all of youtube and local channels , the video proof i found was not related to Niger Bridge , and the Other proof was more or less an effect, But Billions were released for that project

So , people proof me wrong and show me picture or video evidence that GEJ actually started works on second Niger bridge

12 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by olapluto(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2016
One by one, we will unravel the many projects and legacies of GEJ. I wait for his goons to tell us where the refineries are located, or the state of work there.
Most of them are shouting Buhari no fuel, Buhari petrol 145 naira, whereas GEJ built 3 ghost refineries.

13 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by KahlDrogo(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2016
Cc: severussnape grin

Come and lick the ass of your god. grin

6 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Achuwa1(m): 1:37am On May 21, 2016
read & understand before u come here to spill trash.
the heading says 'DEAL',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
DEAL doesnt mean it will come to pass & the giver might hurrily sign to protect the interest of business & citizenry in the benefactors country & play politics with it inwhich his initial intention was never to build.its all abt international politics.
so stop looking for cheap blackmail to discredit ppl.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by olapluto(m): 1:43am On May 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
DEAL doesnt mean it will come to pass & the giver might hurrily sign to protect the interest of business & citizenry in the benefactors country & play politics with it inwhich his initial intention was never to build.its all abt international politics.
Im quoting you because I dont want you to edit this nonsense you've written. Noted.

12 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Achuwa1(m): 1:47am On May 21, 2016
DEAL & AGREEMENT goes together,,,the giver might sign to protect the interest of its citizenry business in the receivers country.its international politics.
For instance,could u imagine tht pmb went to qatar & signed a bilateral agreement with qatar for qatar air to be our national carrier when he fully knows tht govt cant afford the luxury of qatar air tht is very expensive.
thts bilateral agreement pmb signed is not gonna benefit the masses so i see tht as an illiterates actions.
pmb also went to sign a loan agreement with UAE tht the conditions of the loan wasnt favourable to Nigeria in anyway & even our petty minister of finance & minister of budget or so warned him abt signing such loans coz of the conditions attached to it but he didnt listen coz he HAS NO INTELECTUAL CAPABILITY of understanding how international politics works.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Achuwa1(m): 1:53am On May 21, 2016
let me give u a local instance,,,,,,Dangotes original plans b4 election was to build his refinery in ondo state & has concluded with ondo state govt of which he was given space of land close to ondo deep sea & immediately pmb won election he changed his mind then moved the construction of the refinery to Lagos.
have u asked why Dangote did tht ?,,,,,,
this are just the politics we are talking abt here.
so stop blackmailing ppl tht has left govt & bilateral agreement between Nigeria & china started way back during obj regime tht notn was onground to show for it.
so stop being hunted by GEJ achievements coz pmb has notn to offer even if he rules for 100 yrs

2 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by LadyExcellency: 2:00am On May 21, 2016
You destroyed them at Ojota and invalidated the MoU in 2012 with sophisticated "I too know"

3 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by olapluto(m): 2:05am On May 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
DEAL & AGREEMENT goes together,,,the giver might sign to protect the interest of its citizenry business in the receivers country.its international politics.
For instance,could u imagine tht pmb went to qatar & signed a bilateral agreement with qatar for qatar air to be our national carrier when he fully knows tht govt cant afford the luxury of qatar air tht is very expensive.
thts bilateral agreement pmb signed is not gonna benefit the masses so i see tht as an illiterates actions.
pmb also went to sign a loan agreement with UAE tht the conditions of the loan wasnt favourable to Nigeria in anyway & even our petty minister of finance & minister of budget or so warned him abt signing such loans coz of the conditions attached to it but he didnt listen coz he HAS NO INTELECTUAL CAPABILITY of understanding how international politics works.

You're a complete nutter. A real joke.

11 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Achuwa1(m): 2:14am On May 21, 2016
its almost a year in office for pmb & he has not commissioned a single project.all tht is happening to pmb is to break records for the negative reasons.
Rumors in town nw is tht he asked boko haram his unofficial army to release some of the chibok gurls so tht he could include their release as part of his his one year achievement speech on may 29,but the boko boys declined & only gave him one out of the illiterate ones under their custody.
GEJ achievement will keep hunting u ppl in ur dreams coz pmb/apc has got nothing to offer,get tht into ur brains.

3 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Standing5(m): 2:44am On May 21, 2016
LadyExcellency:
You destroyed them at Ojota and invalidated the MoU in 2012 with sophisticated "I too know"
Stop talking trash. How was it invalidated?

6 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Standing5(m): 2:46am On May 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
its almost a year in office for pmb & he has not commissioned a single project. all tht is happening to pmb is to break records for the negative reasons.
Rumors in town nw is tht he asked boko haram his unofficial army to release some of the chibok gurls so tht he could include their release as part of his his one year achievement speech on may 29,but the boko boys declined & only gave him one out of the illiterate ones under their custody.
GEJ achievement will keep hunting u ppl in ur dreams coz pmb/apc has got nothing to offer,get tht into ur brains.
what is the use commissioning one project and looting 10 others only to do the one commissioned project half way?
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Standing5(m): 2:49am On May 21, 2016
PDP finished us claiming APC is the same as them. But we can see the difference clearer now.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Achuwa1(m): 3:01am On May 21, 2016
are u one of those tht believe in pmb corruption war....
if u say GEJ/PDP looted our treasury then u dont know anything abt the history of Nigeria.
the North rulled Nigeria for the greater part of the existence of Nigeria,,maybe 45yrs or so,,,,,,,,,,check every Nigeria military head of state & u will see tht they are the ones tht crippled Nigeria economically by their loots.
is it IBB,ABACHA,ABUBAKAR,even BUHARI himself partook in the loot in his previous regime & also as petroleum minister under obasanjo first stint & as PTF boss under abacha.

the loot under GEJ/PDP were the ones tht governors like Amaechi,Oshoimole,Fashola & co sued federal govt insisting tht the money saved up by GEJ for the raining days must be share.
am surprised this same set of ppl are saints under Pmb govt.
all we see at the moment in the name of fighting corruption are just political witch-hunting & trying to silent opposition.

2 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by SeverusSnape(m): 4:37am On May 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:

Omenka cheesy

Haba, You see me for dream last night? grin You quoted all my posts of yesterday, You try o.
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by SeverusSnape(m): 4:39am On May 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
its almost a year in office for pmb & he has not commissioned a single project.all tht is happening to pmb is to break records for the negative reasons.
Don't mind them, Since they are becoming a monumental failure, They are now searching for ways to console themselves. grin

Jokers.
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Sirsubway1: 5:36am On May 21, 2016
Achuwa1:

Jesus. Is this a joke or sarcasm?

3 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Sirsubway1: 5:37am On May 21, 2016
[s]
LadyExcellency:
[/s]

Ngwakwe, tribal bigotry is not good for your health. Repent.

2 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by KahlDrogo(m): 6:10am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

[s]Omenka cheesy

Haba, You see me for dream last night? grin You quoted all my posts of yesterday, You try o.[/s]
I know omenka is iDaft yuuts worst tormentor on nairaland, but I would make him look like an angel in your face.

Several-anus-snape, how was your nite?? grin

2 Likes

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by KahlDrogo(m): 6:14am On May 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by KahlDrogo(m): 6:17am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

[s]Don't mind them, Since they are becoming a monumental failure, They are now searching for ways to console themselves. grin

Jokers.[/s]
You make more sense when you write only "zombie" and walk away. Do you not want likes?? grin

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by omowolewa: 6:20am On May 21, 2016
I doubt if that agreement really exist.
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:21am On May 21, 2016
KahlDrogo:
You make more sense when you write only "zombie" and walk away. Do you not want likes?? grin
I want likes o. Give them to me please grin
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by DropShot: 6:44am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Don't mind them, Since they are becoming a monumental failure, They are now searching for ways to console themselves. grin

Jokers.
Console ke?

PMB in his one year in office has at least largely succeeded in fighting BH insurgency and stemming the tide of corruption that was sweeping us into oblivion. We are confident that the reaming three years are enough to repair the badly damaged economy he inherited.

So, far PMB has achieved 50% of his election campaign promises whereas GEJ was a monumental failure.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2016
DropShot:

Console ke?

PMB in his one year in office has at least largely succeeded in fighting BH insurgency and stemming the tide of corruption that was sweeping us into oblivion. We are confident that the reaming three years are enough to repair the badly damaged economy he inherited.

So, far PMB has achieved 50% of his election campaign promises whereas GEJ was a monumental failure.
50%??.. grin grin

I beg I no fit laugh. Even his most ardent zombie won't say this in public.
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by DropShot: 6:51am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

50%??.. grin grin

I beg I no fit laugh. Even his most ardent zombie won't say this in public.
To educate you further:

PMB built his election campaign on four major areas:
1. Fighting corruption
2. Fighting and defeating BH insurgency
3. Creating jobs
4. Improving the economy through diversification

Even, the most idiotic of his haters will agree he has succeeded in the first two above. It's the last two we're counting on him for.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:54am On May 21, 2016
DropShot:

To educate you further:

PMB built his election campaign on four major areas:
1. Fighting corruption
2. Fighting and defeating BH insurgency
3. Creating jobs
4. Improving the economy through diversification

Even, the most idiotic of his haters will agree he has succeeded in the first two above. It's the last two we're counting on him for.
Keep lying to yourself. Maybe he has made the Naira equal with the dollar, maybe he has paid youths their 5,000 stipend, maybe the security situation is now good with the rampaging herdsmen and militants, maybe the economy is in good shape now, and oh, He's diversifying the economy by looking for oil in Chad basin.

1 Like

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by DropShot: 6:58am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Keep lying to yourself. Maybe he has made the Naira equal with the dollar, maybe he has paid youths their 5,000 stipend, maybe the security situation is now good with the rampaging herdsmen and militants, maybe the economy is in good shape now, and oh, He's diversifying the economy by looking for oil in Chad basin.
keep on with your self deceit.

The other time we asked you to provide evidence of the $1 to N1 pledge, with offer of mouth watering amount here, none of you was able to do that.

You're not paying attention boy, read my submission again and you will see I said we're still waiting for two of his four promises to come through.

The PDP and IB are not coming back soon. The earlier you accept that fact, the better for your healthy living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by googlepikins: 7:15am On May 21, 2016
olapluto:
Nigeria and China sign $23bn deal for three refineries

Nigeria's state-run oil firm NNPC and China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) have signed a $23bn (£16bn; 18bn euros) deal.
The two will jointly seek financing and credits from Chinese authorities and banks to build three refineries and a fuel complex in Nigeria.
The project would add 750,000 barrels per day of extra refining capacity.
NNPC hopes the construction of new refineries will stem the flood of imported refined products into Nigeria.
'Deepen relationships'
Nigeria is the world's 12th-largest oil producer and the eighth-largest oil exporter.
But the country imports roughly 85% of its fuel needs because of the disrepair and mismanagement of its four state-owned refineries.
"We are about to deepen the existing technical and commercial relationships between China and Nigeria through the signing of a memorandum of understanding," said Shehu Ladan, head of NNPC.
The three refineries will be built in Bayelsa, Kogi and Lagos states, while a location has to be confirmed for the petrochemicals complex.
The Nigerian government has said that foreign companies must invest in developing Nigeria's infrastructure and economy first, before they can benefit from its oil and gas exports.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10116945?SThisFB

This is exactly 6 years and 7 days since the deal was signed. Where are the 3 refineries? Or was GEJ just trolling us as usual.
keep quite if you don't know anything, Chinese don't use Nigeria cash for projects their government provide them with loan to build whatever in any country they go to. So you should go and ask obasanjo the thief all the billions of dollars he invested in power and steel mill where he kept them.
Re: 23 BILLION USD Refineries...where Are They 6 Years After? by Nbote(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2016
Some of U are jus pathetic with ur excuses and hopeless comparisons.. Dat agreement was reached in 2010 and clearly from the report they were both jointly supposed to "source" for funds by way of credits and financing from the Chinese govt.. Show me anywhere it is mentioned d govt awarded a contract at a sum... Pricks.. D clear facts dat u kip clawing at straws should b enof to show ur desperate attempts to divert attention always.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose@2: Photo Of Completed Dual Carriage Way & Street Light In Omuo Ekiti / Buhari Finally Sits For Waec (pic) / Nigerian Minister Pictured Driving Innoson Car As He Tours Innoson Company(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.