Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing (21428 Views)

Aisha Buhari Reacts To 2 SUVs Gifts From IGP: I Am Still Using My Personal Cars / Borno Ministry Of Works & Transport Car Pass Through Bad Road (Photo) / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Uchexxy(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Nigerians love suffering and smiling, let's all keep 'hoping' things will get better undecided
My sister u are so on point. I don't understand how we can be so tolerant to sufferings. beats me really

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Jacko1(m): 1:56pm On May 21, 2016
Eyah

Sai baba hehe

When this man was about enterin power

Nigbati ppl in my office carry d mata for head

When i say am pro jonathan they wil say he is ur brother

See see see it now.....nigbati tribe are traitors turncoats.... Sell out... Untristworthy..... They r changin tune now

I never forget an nigbati comment laye..big hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by philips70(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2016
This is the normal life in the abroad we want to be as developed as but our stupid value system will not allow us. Now don't tell me we don't have roads or what have you because that's a semblance of that the people still do not do this.
If a car owner tries this in Portharcourt or elsewhere it's friends or neighbors that will say "e be like alarm don dey tear am"
False sense of wealthiness.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hmm...

Buhari thanks for inflicting this hardship on your zombie followers. Let them suffer and at the same time smile.

In 2010....GEJ said that we would build three refineries.
By 2013...not a single one had been built.
By 2015.......

Nigeria meanwhile....with all our refineries working can only produce 17 million liters out of the 43-70 million liters of PMS we need a day.

That means we need at least 4 refineries to meet up local demand.

And right now......we do not have the money to build them.

I know GEJ is in the past....but blaming Buhari for GEJ's failures....especially as it takes 4 years to build a refinery and right now we do not have the money...is just funny coming from you.

And now we cannot build refineries because we do not have the money. Why didn't PDP build refienries back when we had the money.? Why blame APC for PDP's mess?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by henrygale(m): 2:30pm On May 21, 2016
Dinocarex:

Bros, I am with you. I relate well with what you're saying.
Abi nah. I cannot come and die because some politicians dat promised dem 40naira per liter now decided to sing a new song after election!
Lol!
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by waice6571: 2:31pm On May 21, 2016
WATCHOVER:
That is good for Nigerians since they refuse to go on strike in order to make the govt reduce price.
Some Nigerians are been bewitched.

Nothing against you or your post bro.

Many people are still naive of this fuel issue & its implications.
1) As it were, the issue is beyond fed govt as their effort to regulate and monitor the industry will always end in futility. Whether #110 or #145 it is not for them to determine.

2)Market forces will take its effect on this industry, therefore, price at world market have direct bearing over local fuel distribution. Cost of landing + local transportation + overhead + profit is considered before selling price is determined.

3) Availability and nonavailability of forex is no more a grammar that needs dictionary to unravel.

4) Competition will latter help the masses provided that there are many prayers in the industry to avoid gang-ups pricing from the few importers.

No amount of strike, fight, lies, propaganda can reverse this trend.
Don't be surprised 5 years may seems too early to attain price stability.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by klassykute(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2016
tayadof9ja:
hehehe u be KG pupil wey dey ask for pictures? indomie generation spotted.
see u .. shae ur yam and oil generation
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by DesChyko: 2:38pm On May 21, 2016
southpole:

My friend be exposed, the use of bicycles is not a sign of backward trend in fact it is a sign of development, any time you have the chance to travel to Europe which is more and far developed than Africa, you will notice that the number of bicycles on the road if not more than the number of cars are almost equal. Though I have not travel to the whole of Europe but at least I have been in Germany the first economy in Europe.

I've given you the opportunity to announce on Nairaland that you've been to Germany. Perhaps, you should show gratitude. Anyway, we have TVs in our houses, and I'm very sure many of us have seen bicycles in use in advanced countries. However, trying to say a bicycle is as good as a vehicle is another discussion entirely. I wish you luck defending that.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Johnsinia(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In 2010....GEJ said that we would build three refineries.
By 2013...not a single one had been built.
By 2015.......

Nigeria meanwhile....with all our refineries working can only produce 17 million liters out of the 43-70 million liters of PMS we need a day.

That means we need at least 4 refineries to meet up local demand.

And right now......we do not have the money to build them.

I know GEJ is in the past....but blaming Buhari for GEJ's failures....especially as it takes 4 years to build a refinery and right now we do not have the money...is just funny coming from you.

And now we cannot build refineries because we do not have the money. Why didn't PDP build refienries back when we had the money.? Why blame APC for PDP's mess?
the demonic APC u r here defending as if ur life depend on it r billioniar. Oga tell me, what do u ve? APC promise u Change and hapiness the moment they clinge to power, oga tell me are u happy now? They tell u that they r not magician, that change take a while, oga, u quickery believe without asking them questions. Now oga they say u should sacrifice and be buying fuel and other commodities at high price and again u quickely agreed and believed them without asking them questions. Days, months n years are going yet no positive change but negative and in 2019, they APC will come again with both old and fresh promises and I won't be surprise if u will believe them and vote for them again. Isn't this a case of curse or something on u n ur likes...?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by faruku104(m): 2:48pm On May 21, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Adesiji77 I still drive my Lamborghini, I am made wink.

made in China? grin #najokeidey ooo
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Ephemmm: 2:56pm On May 21, 2016
DesChyko:

Are you a JJC? Vehicles are not needed before Lagos experiences heavy traffic. Consult pre-Fashola Oshodi.

Meanwhile, we are on a backward trend now. Expect bicycles on the streets soonest when the rush becomes too much and the public transport drivers begin to exploit.

If bycicle is OK for you and your family, I wish you good luck then.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by HomeOfMe(f): 2:57pm On May 21, 2016
This will help a lot of us lose weight when we start riding bicycles more! Are our igbo brothers getting ready to start manufacturing or importing bicycles?
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by southpole: 2:58pm On May 21, 2016
dannewlife:
Please I would like some one to enlighten me more on this :Do we have hike in the price of fuel or deregulation of the fuel industry. What I mean is can a corporate body like NLC go ahead and import fuel for its affiliates without restrictions ?.

What we have is deregulation which led to the hike and we hope that with interplay of market forces price will come down with time and as U asked I remember the govt stated that anyone or body that has the financial strenth and facilities can go an import
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by southpole: 3:08pm On May 21, 2016
DesChyko:

I've given you the opportunity to announce on Nairaland that you've been to Germany. Perhaps, you should show gratitude. Anyway, we have TVs in our houses, and I'm very sure many of us have seen bicycles in use in advanced countries. However, trying to say a bicycle is as good as a vehicle is another discussion entirely. I wish you luck defending that.

Going to Europe is like going to any village or city in the world but someone has to state that he has been to a place to convince ppl like you because your next question will be have you been there? I am not saying that a bicycle is as good as a vehicle but for you to think that the use of a bicycle is a sign of a backward trend is wrong.
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

Skar lett.

Kilode?
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2016
it's a good thing I own a motorcycle grin 15liters= 500km city riding

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by 19naia(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2016
Thank God for this blessing in disguise of good health,
Good health is fresh air free from toxic fumes of petrol burning engines.
Less engines burning petrol is equal to more fresh air.

Good health is the greatest asset and i would ride a cart pulled by Goats if it would allow fresh air to prosper around us all so that we can have our good health return.
Asthma, cancer and headaches will all find a difficult time in fresh air. Abeg, no make Nigeria be like china with thick smoke always in the air and people dying by the millions from toxic smoke filled air.

Progress now that better thing has reached.

Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by NovusHomo(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
wristbangle:

Naija no be Italy. We no get bicycle lane 4 our road sad

Gbam!
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by ThatIgboBoy: 4:24pm On May 21, 2016
continue advertising online and car-pooling or picking up strangers to/fro from the office till the day u will pick up a devil that will dispossess you of your car.
It is a nice idea but not good in this our clime especially now that their is hunger in the land
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by Exponental(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2016
Even me sef
Re: Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing by dukecharles(m): 6:00pm On May 21, 2016
I am in Abuja, the situation isn't funny, after buying fuel #9000 for just one week, eye clear me, nobi person tell me to drop the car. Currently I just blow bike to a nearby garden to watch Man u match. #buhariissuffocatingus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tavershima Adyorough, Ortom's Aide Murdered In Makurdi; Wife Shot / Benue LG Election: PDP Wins, Takes All 23 Chairmanship, 276 Councilorship / Fulani Herdsmen: "Why Buhari Abandoned You" - Femi Fani-Kayode To Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.