Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,946 members, 7,863,343 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? (2893 Views)

Surviving A Rightsizing (in A Private Company) In Nigeria / Talent Is Better Than Education / How To Discover Your Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by chukudibab(m): 4:10am On Aug 20, 2009
@poster
what a heck,do u thread here.
What on earth can give pleasure like music
oh boy go sleep u and u supporters. angry
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by iukpe: 7:09am On Aug 20, 2009
Please let em sing-o!

have we forgotten that there was a time when Nigerian Music was a "sorry-story". Nothing Musical was Good. from Commercial Adverts to Live band or recorded music, everything was a shame to hear.

Now we have some good music coming out of Nigeria, and in the midst of this like any other place there will be a lot of crap.
I think Music alone has helped develope a lot of talents,
backup singers, dancers, Camera crew, Video producers, stage engineers etc etc and there are a lot of talents in these set only to name a few.

The notable thing is that, like Nigeria, there is no control for the crap that is about to overshadow the good.
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by 9jii(m): 8:17am On Aug 20, 2009
thank u 4 letin that quesion out of my chest.we too lazy n not thinkin right.singing is same as bagging hausa almagiri are singing like those tv talent.
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2009
No what of yahoo yahoo?
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
maedan:

Um, ok.
And just when did D'banj's singing become the issue here? Oh yeah, ever since you brought it up.But a singer===>someone who sings. What other definition could there possibly be cheesy? (A rhetorical question; please feel free not to answer)LOL.

Spoiling for a fight? Or preferably looking for ways to start something? cheesy
Anyway, in other words you consider everyone a "singer" because they have a mouth? Right? cheesy D'banj has a mouth, he is allowed to use it.
No wonder Paris Hilton qualifies as one, hehehe.  cheesy
I'm sure you are aware that in English Language, a single word has many definitions, if not go dig up your primary 1 books. A "possible"definition of who a singer is. . .

sing·er 1 (sngr)
n.
1. A trained or professional vocalist.

I bet you'd place D'banj's voice with the likes of Alisha Keys or even our own Asa or Ego because they all hold microphones. Hehehe. . .roflmao

Anyone can sing, not everyone is qualified to be called a singer! Do you think D'banj (how much more Lil'Wayne) would pass auditions in 'singing' shows like Idols after all according to Maedan they are singers? Lmao!!!! They hold microphones and they dance on stage? Roflmao!!!

It's hard for most people to read beneath literal meanings when a word like 'singer' is being used. You fall into that group. Next time learn to find out all connotations when words are attritubed to a special class of people!

Illiteracy is a disease. cheesy
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by kalauta: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
Most sensible post on NairaLand in ages. sad

In spite of millions of man and youth power in Nigeria, we are disappointingly myopic in our dealings. Everyone tends to head in the same direction. At one time everyone was a Doctor, then Lawyer, then 419er, then IT Professional, then Oil worker, then Model and Fashion expert, then Nollywood star, now we all want to be Musicians. A nation that has no direction will always wander about like the children of Israel did for 40 years.

Rather than express our individuality so our nation can be balanced, we all jump into the same frying pan with no one to help us out.

aasog:

Stiyke: You are right, but what things can build a nation?? note also that the nation provides very frustrating environment, and the youths that sing see it as ventures that are most workable or have low chances of failure in this Jungle

[b]There's always a venture. The major needs are there. Education. Health. Shelter. Food. Agriculture. Transportation. Communication. Manufacturing. Power. Finance. Even Spirituality is a great need. And also there's "Inspiration" or counseling. There are several undeveloped sectors within this country that needs intense development. I found my niche which is Engineering & Architecture, and also there's a hobby, and that's writing and music, and I believe I can do better than a great pile of your Nija-super-garbage stars out there. Singing should just be a past-time. Not a national/mass-career like it is now.
Anyways, I am a big Tubaba fan. I love him because he's original. A lot of the bunches in the business are fakes. Even the so called Koko-Master would have been a nobody if not for Don Jazzy whose loud and hypnotic beats he hides his crap and rantings behind. Its because of the likes of him, anyone one who can sing would say, "if a faker like him could make so much money, then I'm in"[/b]

And to maedan:

This is such an unfair thing to say. We aren't the happiest people for nothing: with all the bad governance, mismanagement of resources and poor image, Nigerians always find a way to smile - and that's what music does for the youths, it makes them happy and that's why they prefer to go into music than ,

[b]The happiest people? Hmmm I missed that one. Any proof to that? I thought we were the saddest? You should ask the guys in Niger-Delta how happy they are? Or maybe the people who are jumping boarders to only cross into countries like Libya, where they would only get slaughtered and their useless and ineptitude "Head of Scums" and chicken brain senates and reps doesn't give a shit. You forgetting something about Americans music stars. Most of them had their careers since they were kids. Beyonce, Keri Hilson, Britney, Wyclef, and these are natural prodigies. It's such a meaningful and un-abused industry unlike it is here. I am not coming harshly on Nigerian musicians, I am only buttressing the view of the poster. I mean, today in Nigeria, nearly every youth wants to get into music. Even my girlfriend and some of her friends who are fresh graduates are constantly in the studio wasting their time because its not gonna work, not when you spend more than half a decade studying medicine and putting all your hope into some crappy studio mix, hoping it would flush.
All I'm saying, music shouldn't be a desperate means like it is here. Its something that must come naturally and not forced like 9/10th of the irritating garbage you hear nowadays. Or maybe I'm missing something.[/b]
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Basildon1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
aasog:

Singing isnt really a talent. There are millions of people in the world who can do better than your average big mouthed Timaya who keeps shouting "Thunder, Fire, and Bazuka", in all his tracks.
Even a parrot can sing. Nigerians are too lazy, and we just rush into anything that's so easy and glamorous.
Sometimes back, it was 419, now that isnt paying alot anymore.

@ Ezeagu: you are saying you agree with Aasog - the sad guy cos  u want to be civil. you murdered him on abt  5 different points so it's too clear he is just one of those haters past their youth.
@aasog:
-Were youin the bush when the survey was carried ranking Nigerians happy?
-LOL,Keri Hilson a prodigy(after 8yrs in the industry)!!Britney and Beyonce too, Lord save me!!
-I might be a hiphop head but i def wont say the american industry is meaningful, A country where manufatured boy bands break records while talented groups keep struggling to breakthrough
-the average american kid wants to be a sports or music star

Tuface wey you carry for head cannot play an instrument to save his life while while Don Jazzy can hold his own on a piano. Tuface has officially stolen 2 tracks from guys not to talk of the duet that R kelly denied.

Imagine this bloody bushmeat dissing Timaya, can you ever dream of doing better in your little life. carry your own big mouth to the studio nau,
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by geolabious(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2009
UNLEASHED:

No what of yahoo yahoo?
[size=13pt]I dont think u read this thread b4 posting[/size] shocked
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by squad1: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
The funniest thing is that when u ask most of dis so called talented musicians "When did u start dis music of a thing" they will always smile and start calling years as if they are calling days, 8,10, 15, 25 years ago!!!!
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by trekkie: 3:30am On Aug 21, 2009
Mode
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Tattooboy: 7:39am On Aug 21, 2009
Obviously yes, music has change a lot of things in recent years. Touts even go into music these days. Music is d bomb here in the MOST CORRUPTED Nation in d World
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by BigStar1(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2009
babaowambe:

nothing wrong in being talented in music and sports, but nigerians should be talented in science engineering medicine,astronomy construction, etc. nigerians should be well know in top position in blu chip companies, then nigeria will develop
That is a very good point. I think that's what we need to focus and develop on.
Let's think of this.

Japan is known to be very good in technology, most of the electronics we use in nigeria (I would have said in the world but i've not been to other countries) were developed in japan. Japanese in their research, develop mobile phones, which are very useful to human life. But China, in their their restless effort, went ahead and developed what i can say is better than that of japan (China phone). Though there are lots of discrimination about china phones, but to me, it's better. At least it solves the problem of carrying two  different phones for two network.

In a nut shell, my next question for nigerian is "What are we doing in technology market?"
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by ayobase(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
Allow them to sing o!
When they start to dey
carry gun now, U na go complain!

Thats the talent in vogue now!
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2009
Quote from: babaowambe on Yesterday at 02:49:43 AM
nothing wrong in being talented in music and sports, but nigerians should be talented in science engineering medicine,astronomy construction, etc. nigerians should be well know in top position in blu chip companies, then nigeria will develop

People who are musically oriented have gone ahead to expose and improve their industry to Nigerians. I would say kudos to them and not spite them. It is left for other sectors of the economy to expose theirs and make something out of nothing the way Nigerian musicians have done!!!

In a nut shell, my next question for nigerian is "What are we doing in technology market?"

I think you should take your question to the technology section. Ask them what they are doing to ensure Nigeria is not left behind.
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2009
babaowambe:

Uh, they are . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Just not in Nigeria. grin
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 22, 2009
Topic

Musik is ONLY a thriving business in Nigeria and its not the only Tal[b]a[/b]nt ~ get that. Moreover, many naijians dabble into d shit fiz cos of thou damn profit they get/make.
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by jolar: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2009
i don't music is the talent down please if u think so reply me embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Anabel(f): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2009
Abeg ooooo, me sef dey surprise, everybody dey release music, but to me, due to all these latest music that does not make sense, i believe music is a lazy man's job.
Re: Is Music The Only Surviving Talent In Nigeria? by Anabel(f): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2009
i can never agree with some one that d'banj is a singer, he is just a time waster who does not have anywhere to go and anything to think with his head, am not sure if that guy is sensible. please, you want to call singers then call reasonable people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here / Credit Risk Management Professional Course and Certification / Which Nylon Companies Made This Type Of Nylons For Food Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.