Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre (1759 Views)

Elderly Man Lies On The Floor To Greet Yahaya Bello's Chief Of Staff / David Cameron Calling Nigeria Fantastically Corrupt Country (Video) / David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 1:40pm On May 21, 2016
10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies of the Tyrant Buhari Led APC Government on the Zaria Massacre:

You people deserve what you are getting from the APC government of deceits.

When the same criminal government led by Tyrant Buhari and his terrorist army massacred the Nigerian Shiites of Zaria, this criminal government led campaigns of calumny and misinformation and some hired zombies and other natural zombies believed the lies.

1. This same stupid government hired some children to protest at the Iranian embassy. Protest at the embassy for what? Your government killed its citizens and you are campaigning because an ambassador called on your government to respect the rights of its citizens. Another silly group led by a Yoruba riff-raff to protest in Alausa against the IMN and comparing Zakzaky to Shekau; while the walking corpse of Aso Rock is the father of Shekau. He's now in Aso Rock and no more bombs, no more Boko Haram and the Chibok girls are sprouting up like seeds.

2. This same criminal government went to air propaganda documentary on NTA and AIT to mislead Nigerians that the IMN has an army or militia to justify killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children and burying them in mass graves. The criminal government is aware that in every church and mosque in Nigeria there are scouts in paramilitary uniforms who control traffic and crowd. That is no militia or army.

3. There was the lie of assassination. It only took hours before the fantastically corrupt lie of Buratai and his terrorist army to evaporate. They released a video that dispelled their own lie. It shows no attempt was made on the life of the chief terrorist during the road block. It was heavily armed terror soldiers confronting exuberant youths with sticks and catapults on the road.

4. For for weeks, they didn't tell us that the terror army also attacked the Husseiniyyah and Zakzaky's house killing indiscriminately hundreds. Both locations far from the initial road block killings. Yet the perverted media still refers to the massacre as "clash"!

5. Of course the claim that disappeared that the Shiites are armed by Iran. Yet they couldn't produce the weapons to justify their claim.

6. The paid government agents in Zaria tagged with the label of "Zaria residents". These so called residents were shown on video stealing from the corpses of Shiites killed by the terror army and thrown on the roadside and into gutters. They resident claim the IMN was disturbing life for them; but every church and mosque blocks road. Even the traditional worshippers in Lagos impose neighborhood curfew on resident during their rituals. Yoruba party goers also block roads on Saturdays during their owanbe.

7. Buratai fake testimony to the Nigerian Human Rights Commission that only seven Shiites were killed. A kaduna state government official confessed that there was a mass grave with over 300 bodies! And it took them over five hours to bury the bodies.

8. Of course the midget crook cannot be left out of the games and lies of the APC. When the army killed 34 members of the IMN in 2014, including three sons of Zakzaky, el Rufai called it genocide. He labeled the Nigerian army as "Jonathanian genocidal army". In January 2015, in the heat of election campaign, he visited Zakzaky in the Husseiniyyah to condole-the very same building el Rufai now labels as "illegal structure". El-Rufai was shown bowing his head low while shaking the hand of Zakzaky. The same Zakzaky was brutalized and shot and loaded into a wheelbarrow in el-Rufai's Kaduna state. Before elections, Zakzaky was treated with courtesy but after election he became a threat to the state, and the chief Tyrant in Aso Rock used his lying mouth to claim that the IMN was a "state within a state". A Shiite volunteer, Muhammad Bello Jega, was an APC agent who campaigned for Buhari and the same volunteer was murdered by Nigerian terror soldiers in the Zaria massacre along with his wife and baby. What a payback of appreciation by Tyrant Buhari!

9. The midget of Kaduna is trying in court the hundreds of Shiites that escaped with their lives into prison for treason. The crook invented a dead soldier! The chief of terror staff, Buratai said only seven Shiites died. No dead soldier! El Rufai invented a dead soldier. It was later discovered that the soldier died of natural cause and time after the Zaria massacre.

10. Zakzaky and his wife have been kept in custody for six months without charge in a supposed democracy!!! They are still in the custody of the DSS. We were told they were in "protective custody" and with the Nigeria Police. Was Zakzaky and his wife blocking the road of chief of terror staff Buratai? And so what if Buratai's road was blocked? Is he a god? Anyways, the road block was exploited and milked to justify the massacre of Shiites which has long been in the pipeline and the bigotry in Sunni Tyrant Buhari was the needed ingredient to carry out the massacre.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by alatbaba1(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2016
I never supported the killing and will never but truth must be told. I had encounter with the so called shiitte group in Kano, Zaria and Kaduna. They are lawless. They don't obey traffic law, they block and move on the government road at will. A journey between Kaduna and Kano that should not be more than 2hrs30min was turned to 8hrs because shiitte group are coming from kano to kaduna for their annual convention. I don't know if it illiteracy or just act of evil. But it's very barbaric for the group to take over the road in such manner.

Their are better ways to address the issue. Killing them is never a good option.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 7:03pm On May 21, 2016
alatbaba1:
I never supported the killing and will never but truth must be told. I had encounter with the so called shiitte group in Kano, Zaria and Kaduna. They are lawless. They don't obey traffic law, they block and move on the government road at will. A journey between Kaduna and Kano that should not be more than 2hrs30min was turned to 8hrs because shiitte group are coming from kano to kaduna for their annual convention. I don't know if it illiteracy or just act of evil. But it's very barbaric for the group to take over the road in such manner.

Their are better ways to address the issue. Killing them is never a good option.

Is blocking flow of traffic punishable by death?

Those youths were blocking the road because there was army presence besieging the Husseiniyah before the convoy of Buratai passing. They were simply protesting to ask Buratai for a repeat of the 2014 killings not to happen. Worse happened. There was a ceremony ongoing at the Husseiniyyah.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by ShinnBet: 7:20pm On May 21, 2016
What I know for a fact is that justice will surely prevail and all those involved in this unspeakable act of crime against humanity will surely be punished here on earth and in the after life.

My greatest concern however is that all those fools who supported this act of genocide on their fellow man here on Nairaland that they should witness the same fate and sorrow.

God punish buhari, the useless Nigerian army, el rural, the northern sunni caliphate and all zombie dead brains.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by alatbaba1(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2016
shehu313:

Is blocking flow of traffic punishable by death?

Those youths were blocking the road because there was army presence besieging the Husseiniyah before the convoy of Buratai passing. They were simply protesting to ask Buratai for a repeat of the 2014 killings not to happen. Worse happened. There was a ceremony ongoing at the Husseiniyyah.

I don't believe this part of your that "they were simply protesting to ask Buratai for a repeat of the 2014 killing not to happen" I was in kaduna state when the incidence happened. The Nigeria Army recruits was passing out that day, a lot of people were denied access to that same road before Buratai. The Govt should have address d issue of shiite blocking the road.

But know that killing was not the right solution for such crimes.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by ireasontight: 8:52pm On May 21, 2016
I will never ever be a Nigerian in this life or in the next life. Never. That place is evil personified.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 10:51pm On May 21, 2016
alatbaba1:

I don't believe this part of your that "they were simply protesting to ask Buratai for a repeat of the 2014 killing not to happen" I was in kaduna state when the incidence happened. The Nigeria Army recruits was passing out that day, a lot of people were denied access to that same road before Buratai. The Govt should have address d issue of shiite blocking the road.

But know that killing was not the right solution for such crimes.

Every mosque and church block road during religious ceremony. The army could've coordinated directly with the leadership of the IMN and properly plan. But that's not the intention. The intention is persecution. Shiites should have no place in Nigeria and particularly the north. They foolishly think by committing crimes and wearing the face of tyranny they can end a religion. How foolish when millions of Nigerians are Shiites and without Shiite votes either or both of el Rufai and Buhari may have lost last year's election. They have committed a huge blunder that will haunt them for centuries to come. They have no knowledge how the Tragedy of Karbala transformed Islamic history. If it is by killing and posing as a monstrous tyrant, Shia Islam would have ended in Karbala over a thousand years ago. Shedding the blood of innocent Shiites, anywhere in world, will only sprinkle new growth and awareness. They have totally forgotten Nigeria is not a Sunni state or a state belonging to any one religion. They forget Nigeria is secular and freedom of religion is a constitutional rights to the citizens that no amount of bullets fired or innocent souls martyred can take that right away. The souls of the innocent will forever haunt Buhari and Buratai. They will never rest in peace in this world, in their graves and in the hereafter. If justice will not be served in this world, they will be served justice in the hell fire.
They have totally forgotten Nigeria is not a Sunni state or a state belonging to any one religion. They forget Nigeria is secular and freedom of religion is a constitutional rights to the citizens that no amount of bullets fired or innocent souls martyred can take that right away. The souls of the innocent will forever haunt Buhari and Buratai. They will never rest in peace in this world, in their graves and in the hereafter. If justice will not be served in this world, they will be served justice in the hell fire.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by ShinnBet: 11:04pm On May 21, 2016
Shehu313 you will do well not to engage these set of immoral consciesless govt paid shills.

Never argue or talk with the paid help. It smacks of poor manners to mingle with the kitchen staff
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by A7(m): 11:49pm On May 21, 2016
Denying passage to some categories of people is unthoughtful, sometimes careless and even wicked.

When you refuse passage to a patient, traveller or someone that is not part of your faith or procession, your action is evil. When you do same thing to armed military personel you're simply being careless, arrogant and stupid.

A commoner like a patient or a traveller would leave while grumbling, a convoy of soldiers will make you rue your arrogance.

These soldiers tried reasoning with you even on tape for more than 10 minutes, despite saying no to them and shouting at them you went ahead burning tyres and openly showcasing machetes and other lethal weapons declaring your readiness to confront them.

If you could muster the courage to berate NA's action but hide behind the facade of democracy/human right to try absolving your sect of wrongdoing, you're not far from a double faced hypocrite.

What happened to you is a consequence of your action, the sooner you realise constituting nuisance, arrogance, ignorance and disregarding rule of law summon pain, anguish, chaos and grief, the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 12:03am On May 22, 2016
A7:
Denying passage to some categories of people is unthoughtful, sometimes careless and even wicked.

When you refuse passage to a patient, traveller or someone that is not part of your faith or procession, your action is evil. When you do same thing to armed military personel you're simply being careless, arrogant and stupid.

A commoner like a patient or a traveller would leave while grumbling, a convoy of soldiers will make you rue your arrogance.

These soldiers tried reasoning with you even on tape for more than 10 minutes, despite saying no to them and shouting at them you went ahead burning tyres and openly showcasing machetes and other lethal weapons declaring your readiness to confront them.

If you could muster the courage to berate NA's action but hide behind the facade of democracy/human right to try absolving your sect of wrongdoing, you're not far from a double faced hypocrite.

What happened to you is a consequence of your action, the sooner you realise constituting nuisance, arrogance, ignorance and disregarding rule of law summon pain, anguish, chaos and grief, the better for you.

You have first of all added your own lies. No where in the video was the protesting youths burning tires or displaying machetes.

Secondly, after the road block and the ensuing argument and killings, the road was cleared. It has ended there.

Do you care to explain what led the army to stage terrorist attacks on the Husseiniyah and Zakzaky's house and at the cemetery after they had use brutal force on the road? Were those in the other locations blocking road also? If not, why were they killed indiscriminately?

No doubt, you maybe a paid poster justifying genocide. What if your relative was a bystander at the Husseiniyah and was killed? Don't justify crimes against humanity. You may be their target one day.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by DanGombe1: 12:54am On May 22, 2016
Wow.

I can now really believe that some people are born stupid. If not there's no way, you can justify holding a machete and wielding sticks to Nigerian Army and expect any reaction less than what you expected from those Animals. What did you expect?! This is the same set of people that committed the Zaki Biam and Odi Massacre and you expected them to remember human rights and democracy. Wow. Would you carry your hand and put it in the mouth of a rabid dog?! Of course it will bite you. I am not condoning the actions of the Nigerian Army. But you guys got what you deserved when you decided to stand up toe to toe with them. Imagine someone saying they have to call their Sayyid before allowing the CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF to pass a Nigerian Federal Road. Your Father!!! Do you guys even respect or recognise Nigerian laws?! I stayed in Gyallesu for 6 yrs in Zaria. You are here on Nairaland trying to garner sympathy from Nigerians. We hear your Shitte sermons every Friday condemning Nigeria and her laws. Now, you want quote those same laws to us when it suits you. Get a life.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by A7(m): 1:41am On May 22, 2016
shehu313:

You have first of all added your own lies. No where in the video was the protesting youths burning tires or displaying machetes.

I attached some photos for you. They're from this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg

First photo: Machete.
Second photo: Molotov cocktail.
Third photo: Burning tyre.

All the youths there are acting hostile and daring the NA to do their worse.

I understand how sensitive this issue is, that's why despite knowing a lot of what transpired between the two parties I decided not to be too involved. But the little I could say will never be a lie.

All the threads you shared here are a direct attack on the President, Sunni Muslims, the Coas, and Kaduna Governor. All attacks borne out of conjecture, outward bigotry, dishonesty and reckless arrogance and ignorance.

If you're wise you wouldn't have tagged me as a "liar" or "paid poster", your only activity here is to incite, blackmail, rabble-rouse and monger hatred, and when you're countered with facts and reason you quickly resort to slander and vile vituperations.

If you think deception will solve this problem you're wrong.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:25am On May 22, 2016
A7, pardon me to rename you to AK47, you really served this Shiite propagandis. The guy is here to create hatred on FGN particularly presidor. If you can insult prophet's companion passionately im certain PMB ain't sacred.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 2:31am On May 22, 2016
A7:

I attached some photos for you. They're from this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1jdCfSa8tg

First photo: Machete.
Second photo: Molotov cocktail.
Third photo: Burning tyre.

All the youths there are acting hostile and daring the NA to do their worse.

I understand how sensitive this issue is, that's why despite knowing a lot of what transpired between the two parties I decided not to be too involved. But the little I could say will never be a lie.

All the threads you shared here are a direct attack on the President, Sunni Muslims, the Coas, and Kaduna Governor. All attacks borne out of conjecture, outward bigotry, dishonesty and reckless arrogance and ignorance.

If you're wise you wouldn't have tagged me as a "liar" or "paid poster", your only activity here is to incite, blackmail, rabble-rouse and monger hatred, and when you're countered with facts and reason you quickly resort to slander and vile vituperations.

If you think deception will solve this problem you're wrong.

You're clutching at straws and still lying. You know well your video is doctored. I saw sticks, stones and catapult. I didn't see machetes and Molotov. Regardless, what's your point? You're talking of exuberant youths with Stone Age tools in the face of heavily armed soldiers. After the video was doctored, you can hear a soldier shooting: "use your lighter light". Light what? Who then was burning tyres? Who got cameras ready and was ready to make a show to justify genocide? And why were the youths angry and refusing them passage? The plan to attack the Husseiniyah where a religious ceremony was happening was already unfolding. Buratai was going to supervise firsthand.

You still haven't answered my question:

"Secondly, after the road block and the ensuing argument and killings, the road was cleared. It has ended there.

Do you care to explain what led the army to stage terrorist attacks on the Husseiniyah and Zakzaky's house and at the cemetery after they had use brutal force on the road? Were those in the other locations blocking road also? If not, why were they killed indiscriminately? "

The truth cannot be hidden. There is no hatred against Sunni Muslims. However, Sunni Islam has been contaminated by Saudi sponsored Wahhabism and it's terror. The criminals who perpetrate crimes against humanity must be exposed and should face justice whoever they maybe and whatever title they may hold.

As for the poster above you, he's contradicting himself. People are free to hold whatever views. So far as they inflict no physical harm on anyone. In any civilized country, you are free to hold whatever political or religious views. The IMN has been peaceful for four decades. Even after the killings, the Nigerian government hopes there would be violent reaction like Wahhabis who have tarnished the image of Islam are known for. Yet after the massacre the Shiites sought legal action nationally and internationally. You accuse the IMN of not holding Nigerian law sacred. Is the president himself respectful of Nigerian law? Start by respecting the law you want others to uphold and respect. Be the exemplar. You imprison people without charge and act as judge and juror.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by Metallurgist: 6:33am On May 22, 2016
Iran the home of evil, kudos to Ayatullah Burutai for dismantling a new shia boko haram
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 10:55am On May 22, 2016
Metallurgist:
Iran the home of evil, kudos to Ayatullah Burutai for dismantling a new shia boko haram

Have you been to Iran? What makes it evil? Iran is Shia while Boko Haram is Sunni Wahhabi/Salafist, same ideology with the Saudi royalty, ISIS and alqaeda. How did you make the connection? When last did you hear of a blast in Iran? It's one of the most peaceful countries on earth. And it is a progressive society with a record high of female representatives in the last parliamentary election. And with majority of university students being female. It manufactures its weapons and doesn't beg Obama to sell World War II toys to her. It's a producer state and not a consumer state. It's progressing scientifically and technologically.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by DanGombe1: 11:14am On May 22, 2016
And this is why you will get no sympathy from the ordinary Nigerian on the street. We can clearly see where your loyalties lie with. The Shiites have never been anything but peaceful. You guys have harassed and intimidated the people of Zaria for years and the police have been helpless to act because of being afraid to start a religious crisis. You conveniently refused to answer my observation about challenging the Army and the COAS on the passage of that road. Let's get this fact straight, even Christians that block roads during their crusades or Shiloh will open the road and give way when they see men of the Nigerian Army and see who is in the convoy. I dare you and ask to be challenged that have you ever seen Christian Youths blocking a federal Road and highway and saying that no Nigerian military or paramilitary personnel can pass till they call Pastor Adeboye or Pastor Kumuyi before he gives them permission to pass?!!!! That's what the Shiites where doing. And you expected any response less. I repeat it again, you won't get any sympathy from Nigerians here. Most Nigerians have already tagged Islam as a violent religion, whether Shia or sunni nobody gives a shit. Na you know that distinction.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by A7(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2016
shehu313:

You're clutching at straws and still lying. You know well your video is doctored. I saw sticks, stones and catapult. I didn't see machetes and Molotov. Regardless, what's your point? You're talking of exuberant youths with Stone Age tools in the face of heavily armed soldiers. After the video was doctored, you can hear a soldier shooting: "use your lighter light". Light what? Who then was burning tyres? Who got cameras ready and was ready to make a show to justify genocide? And why were the youths angry and refusing them passage? The plan to attack the Husseiniyah where a religious ceremony was happening was already unfolding. Buratai was going to supervise firsthand.

The soldier is yelling use "your left and right". He might be commanding a fellow soldier to execute a task using both hands. If he wants tyres to be burnt he will simply say "burn the tyres", or "use your lighter", not "use your lighter light" which doesn't make sense.

But what/who brought tyres there? Would you foolishly deny that burning tyres is one of the routines of rioting mob all over the world?

We also have quadragenarians among the overzealous so called youths, they're also at the fore-front of the barricade.

Taking videos is necessary, it doesn't just show what happened, it also exposed and dismantled your barefaced lies. If you will still deny you saw machetes and burning tyres despite video evidence and screenshots only God knows what lies you'll churn out when there isn't video evidence. Besides in the alleged doctored video some shi'as were seen recording their own version of events, what is preventing them from publishing their not-doctored video?

shehu313:

You still haven't answered my question:

"Secondly, after the road block and the ensuing argument and killings, the road was cleared. It has ended there.

Do you care to explain what led the army to stage terrorist attacks on the Husseiniyah and Zakzaky's house and at the cemetery after they had use brutal force on the road? Were those in the other locations blocking road also? If not, why were they killed indiscriminately? "

Certainly yes!. They denied passage of public road to the COAS after a vagabond in the Husseiniyyah commanded them to. The position of all the shi'as talking to the NA was "only Zakzaky have the final say on who will pass or not pass".

You must be sick in the head if you think the NA will commend Zakzaky for this crass impunity or that the Shi'as in the Husseiniyyah are attacked without provoking the soldiers like they did outside on the road.

shehu313:

The truth cannot be hidden. There is no hatred against Sunni Muslims. However, Sunni Islam has been contaminated by Saudi sponsored Wahhabism and it's terror. The criminals who perpetrate crimes against humanity must be exposed and should face justice whoever they maybe and whatever title they may hold.

As for the poster above you, he's contradicting himself. People are free to hold whatever views. So far as they inflict no physical harm on anyone. In any civilized country, you are free to hold whatever political or religious views. The IMN has been peaceful for four decades. Even after the killings, the Nigerian government hopes there would be violent reaction like Wahhabis who have tarnished the image of Islam are known for. Yet after the massacre the Shiites sought legal action nationally and internationally. You accuse the IMN of not holding Nigerian law sacred. Is the president himself respectful of Nigerian law? Start by respecting the law you want others to uphold and respect. Be the exemplar. You imprison people without charge and act as judge and juror.

You can't claim not hating Sunnis and at the same time refer to all of them as terrorists and Wahhabi foot soldiers. It is stupid.

Also your claim that IMN is ever peaceful is nothing but hallucination of a deranged mythomaniac, I don't think even Zakzaky will recall number of times he was apprehended and incacerated, sometimes for years along with other shi'as.

Infact all your utterances are about vindictiveness, mischief and malice, if the NA didn't kill you, your bitter disregard for peaceful coexistence, love and humilty will consume you.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by Rafidi: 11:41am On May 22, 2016
DanGombe1:
And this is why you will get no sympathy from the ordinary Nigerian on the street. We can clearly see where your loyalties lie with. The Shiites have never been anything but peaceful. You guys have harassed and intimidated the people of Zaria for years and the police have been helpless to act because of being afraid to start a religious crisis. You conveniently refused to answer my observation about challenging the Army and the COAS on the passage of that road. Let's get this fact straight, even Christians that block roads during their crusades or Shiloh will open the road and give way when they see men of the Nigerian Army and see who is in the convoy. I dare you and ask to be challenged that have you ever seen Christian Youths blocking a federal Road and highway and saying that no Nigerian military or paramilitary personnel can pass till they call Pastor Adeboye or Pastor Kumuyi before he gives them permission to pass?!!!! That's what the Shiites where doing. And you expected any response less. I repeat it again, you won't get any sympathy from Nigerians here. Most Nigerians have already tagged Islam as a violent religion, whether Shia or sunni nobody gives a shit. Na you know that distinction.

Mountain of Fire blocks Buratai's convoy, army reacts

Nkem Ikeke 3 months ago

– The movement of the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai was halted for some minutes – Buratai met a barricade mounted by a Christian organisation

– Instead of engaging in a confrontation, Burati found an alternative The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Tukur Buratai was reportedly blocked for some minutes in Abuja on Sunday, February 14.

According to a report on News Rescue, Buratai and his convoy were driving along Obafemi Awolowo way, Abuja at about 9.15am when they met a barricade. The barricade was said to have been mounted by the Mountain of Fire church.

The convoy did not let the barricade deter them as they allegedly took a diversion and went on with their journey without any confrontation with the Christians.

However, the Nigerian Army has dismissed the report, describing it as a figment of the imagination of the persons behind the brazen lies, Daily Post reports.

In a statement by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the acting director army public relations, he said “the Nigerian Army has noted with dismay the campaign of calumny embarked by some individuals obviously sponsored by some faceless unscrupulous elements in the social media. “For the avoidance of doubt, the Chief of Army Staff has not stepped out of military environment from Friday, 12th February till this morning, Monday 15th February 2016, let alone having such imaginary blockade.”

According to the army, the publisher was determined to cause a religious crisis in the country. The army has asked News Rescue to refute the story and tender an unreserved apology to the public and the Chief of Army Staff in 5 national dailies latest by tomorrow morning or face legal actions. Meanwhile, News Rescue has said it stands by its story and is ready for any legal action.

“Our information is 100% correct. We can provide the army chief’s precise itinerary. Buratai should know that he is being watched by people he knows and things he does not know,” the online media said.

Recall that some time in December, Buratai’s convoy was blocked and prevented from passing by some members of the Shi’ite Islamic Movement of Nigeria, in Kaduna state. This did not end well as soldiers opened fire, killing hundreds of the Shiites.

In its defense, the soldiers accused Shi’ite members of blocking the road and attempting to assassinate Buratai. The sect on the other hand accused the army of killing at least one thousand of its members and evacuating their bodies to unknown destinations. The bloody clash quickly sparked controversy across the country.

There were protests by the sect in different states and some foreign countries. Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana called for the prosecution of Buratai and soldiers involved in the attack on the Shi’ite movement and their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/731422-mountain-fire-blocked-coas-buratais-convoy-sunday-abuja.html
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by ncpat(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2016
The Nigerian Army tried their best not to start a war but the road blockers will not reason with them. In the video, one of the Army general was telling the soldiers not to shoot and was pleading with them that they just want to pass. I also saw one young man waving a cutlass that he is ready to fight the soldiers who were with AK47. Well I called that stupidity. please shehu, tell us what the military could have done at this stage since we are in a democracy where any individual or group of people or organizations can wake up anytime and block the road.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by A7(m): 12:02pm On May 22, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
A7, pardon me to rename you to AK47, you really served this Shiite propagandis. The guy is here to create hatred on FGN particularly presidor. If you can insult prophet's companion passionately im certain PMB ain't sacred.

What is more pitiful is everytime the dude talks about Iran's scientific advancement and technical capabilities he attributed it to Shi'a, without ever taking a moment to consider how most Shi'as here live in abject poverty and illiteracy. The shi'ism here makes them so dumb not to understand bullets shatter mortals.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by simbad221: 2:30pm On May 22, 2016
grin grin[sub][/sub]
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by shehu313: 3:42pm On May 22, 2016
A7:

What is more pitiful is everytime the dude talks about Iran's scientific advancement and technical capabilities he attributed it to Shi'a, without ever taking a moment to consider how most Shi'as here live in abject poverty and illiteracy. The shi'ism here makes them so dumb not to understand bullets shatter mortals.

You have assumed that Zakzaky gave order for road block.

You justify the attack on both the Husseiniyyah and Zakzaky's house and the indiscriminate killings.

You have implied the army is above the law and extra judicial killings is justified.

The soldier was shouting in horrible broken English "use your lighter light". No different from his illiterate boss Buratai who was told in court by a judge that he speaks like an illiterate. To light what? Tyres!

Denying passage to even anyone doesn't warrant extra judicial killings of hundreds, mass graves, religious persecution by a supposedly secular army. Of course "secular army" led by Wahhabis.

You're obviously an inhuman bandit either part of the terror machine on civilians or paid by it. You have no conscience. I'm not surprised by your attempt to incite Sunnis. You should point out where I say "all of them are terrorists".

Shia in Nigeria do not live in abject poverty. It's a silly generalization you are shoving down the throats of others. Nigerian Shias like all other Nigerians belong to different social classes. But you need to know that generally and the world over, whether in the Middle East or in Pakistan, or elsewhere, Shia are more educated and cultured than their other Muslim counterparts. That would be no different in Nigeria. The north will be emancipates from the clutches of illiteracy and Wahhabi fanaticism. That enlightenment and "stand up for your right" value is what the northern elites are scared of. Sunni Islam has been in northern Nigeria for hundreds of years, how about their illiteracy and poverty? Shia Islam changes trends and perceptions and the sheep mentality prevalent in the north. And your likes and every tyrant are scared. Every Sunni tyrant is scared of Shia Islam and the message of Imam Hussein. Yet for decades the IMN has not killed one soul. Yet you are scared. You will die in fear. See Saddam? Qaddafi? You can't enslave a population forever and you cannot prevent people from reading and seeking and knowing and accepting the truth. You can only try in vain and bear the guilt of the blood on your palms. Aside, I've not attributed Iran's progress to Shia Islam, even it is a factor or maybe the main factor. This is the first time I'm citing it-something that is common knowledge-because someone made a silly remark. But you like generalizing and exaggerating using "every time". Then you generalized about abject poverty and illiteracy. All Nigerians must be Shiites then, going by your generalizations.

No where in the world can justify killing people for road block. Even on the road, the killings are not justified. There hours later after your evil satanic convoy of death has passed you send soldiers to three other locations to indiscriminately kill innocent people who were not on the road during the blockage. They are only guilty for sharing the same faith. Yet an idiot wants to justify genocide. May you be paid in kind.

1 Like

Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by cckris: 3:48pm On May 22, 2016
No Church or Mosque has any power or right to block roads anywhere in Nigeria.

I belong to a Church, & my Church cannot in my presence, DISCUSS the idea of blocking roads, not to talk of actually doing so.

But such wrongs cannot justify the MASSACRE of Nigerian citizens, by the Nigerian Army, just because they blocked a road, through which a soon to retire Army Chief was going to pass.

This is Nigeria, not Nigerianistan.
Re: 10 Fantastically Corrupt Lies On The Zaria Massacre by DanGombe1: 1:04am On May 24, 2016
And finally the mask comes off.

The name calling and religious zealouness starts to come out.

Let me be clear here. Nobody cares about your sunni or shites religious sects. As far as most of Nairaland is concerned and you can check the threads posted on this forum, Islamic fanatics have caused far more religious riots and crisis in Nigeria than others. Nobody gives a shiit whether it's sunni or shia. That crisis as far as we are concerned is like when two rabid dogs are fighting to the death.

Secondly, we have said it time and time again, did you expect anything less from the Nigerian Army. You must be an slowpoke of the highest order if you expected the NA who you have had a running battle against to just let you get away with provoking then like that. You dare no try this in any country with law and order. Where was your permit for blocking the road?!! Who gave you the permission to block a federal highway from the use of the COAS?!

Nobody is condoning what the Nigerian Army did but you will not get an iota of sympathy from Nigerians who saw am predicted the outcome of your foolish actions. Next time, block the road again from the Commissioner of Police or any convoy belonging to the Nigerian Armed Forces and see the consequences. Bunch of nincompoops.

(1) (Reply)

What Can A Five Naira Note Buy Right Now? / Trump's Inauguration: Police, Army Fires Biafrans Celebrating In River State / Governor Opens Up On Alleged Defection From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.