Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home (660 Views)

6 Ways To Reignite The Passion In Your Business Or Blog / Name ONE Thing You Will Always Find In A Nigerian Home / 17 Struggles You’ll Recognize About Doing The Dishes In A Nigerian Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2016
Fulfilling your dream or doing what you want in a Nigerian home is like eliminating corruption in Nigeria. It’s kind of impossible for the most. We made a list of all the challenges you can ever face on this path.

1. When you decide what you want to be finally

And it’s not in line with what your parents have decided for you.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2016
2. But then you want to be different

You decide it is time to be bold and stand up for yourself

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2016
3. So you have to strategize on how to talk to and approach your parents

Should I tell Uncle Kola or Aunty Chioma to go with me?

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2016
4. But your uncles and aunties are not having it

“It’s not me and you, go and meet your father and tell him yourself”.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2016
5. So you summon courage and gather liver

But your liver is kind of shaky and you aren’t sure.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2016
6. First roadblock – “are you okay upstairs?”

The worst happens. Your father has disagreed

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2016
7. Your mother says “your father is the one paying your school fees go and meet him”

Oh God! And she decides to stand by your father’s decision.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2016
8. So your mother decides to be extra and take your matter up

Because she feels you are becoming rebellious and carrying shoulders up.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2016
9. So Pastor David calls you for a four-hour counselling session

What is all this please?

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2016
10. Aunty Biodun, Uncle Emeka, the elders and the youth leader also follow up with counselling

All these counselling committees on top ordinary career change

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:56pm On May 21, 2016
11. But that’s not the end

There’s still more to come.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:58pm On May 21, 2016
12. You decide to be independent, save up money and send yourself abroad for school

I believe I can do this. I will do this and surprise all of you.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2016
13. But… the economy and getting a job

What a waste, how will I even save?

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 4:00pm On May 21, 2016
14. The Dollar rate is like $1 to N1,000

Zero hope.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2016
5. To top it off, the greatest enemy

You thought you would have it easy, they were waiting for you.

Re: All The Challenges To Following Your Passion In A Nigerian Home by Olateef(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
16. So you have to be humble and tell everyone you are sorry

Now it’s time to be whatever your family wants you to be. Sad!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Real Reason For The High Price Of Tomatoes In Nigeria? / Top 10 Countries That Dont Celebrate Christmas / Eleaf Ipower 80W TC Mod - Ultra-large Battery Of 5000mah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.