Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,195 members, 7,867,458 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

Sunset At Noonday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sunset At Noonday (448 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunset At Noonday by Gentlebabs(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2016
(Culled from The Beauty Of Tragedy by Babatunde Raimi)

Sometimes in Feb. 2015, I was in a business meeting when our insurance consultant walked in. Together, we tried to analyse the reason why there is so much apathy towards insurance. The consultant looked at me straight in the eyes and said “Imagine you wake up on a bright morning, ready to go to work, your wife walks you to the door and says, “Honey”, have great day, and sealed it with a forehead kiss. Some metres outside, your daughter comes to you holding your hands and said “daddy”, what will you buy for me? Before you could answer her, in their usual childish manner, she said, “Daddy” what if you don’t come back? What happens to Mummy, what happens to us?”

For me, that was the end of the meeting, the question pierced my heart. I lost concentration and started thinking, what guarantee do you have that if the outing turn out to be a journey of no return, will your family still enjoy the security they enjoyed when you were on-board?.

What if it was your dependant wife or daughter that asked you that question “What happens to us if you don’t come back?

Insurance is not to enrich you, when you buy life insurance, you transfer your risk. If you do not, you might have subjected the future of your dependents and family to the hazards of life. Insurance takes you back to where you were before a fall in the event of eventualities or unforeseen circumstances which always happen. It is a decision of the wise to “Buy The Future – ‘Mensah Utabil’.

Sometime in 2013, at about 7.15pm, April 2012, while driving, on Badagry road when men of the underworld, threw whatever on the road. It was a targeted throw like a professional throw of a dart or javelin to make a point or achieve their objective. ‘Boom’ was the sound. I caught my tyre...Full details on: http://www.babatunderaimi.com/sunset-at-noonday/
Re: Sunset At Noonday by SirREX94: 7:16pm On May 21, 2016
Was here anyway! I dey come...

(1) (Reply)

Invaders Kill Oldest Man, 7 Others In Rivers Community / NSCDC Apprehends 3 Suspects With Human Head In Niger State / Efcc Hunts Female Atm Thief For Stealing N3m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.