Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences (21054 Views)

What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number / Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards / 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by mikolo80: 3:58pm On May 22, 2016
delivite:
You are right. Most people who believe they are entrepreneurs are simply self employed. Although, being self employed is way better than waiting to be an entrepreneur and ending up doing nothing.

Great write up.
like who
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by mikolo80: 4:03pm On May 22, 2016
Almajiri1:
Fantastic. If politicians can learn how to innovate and run the nation of Nigeria instead of owning it and ruling like a power emperor or using outdated dogs and baboons/95% vs 5% theorems.

I see Nigerians in all my global waka as a confirmed almajiri herdsman and I see brilliant people with potentials but the government fails to provide the necessary structures needed for them to initialize and actualize ideas that can change Nigeria.
if they are so brilliant and potentialEd then they shouldn't need gwament. no be by bsc or paper qualification o
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by cr80vity(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2016
prinzfavian:

Lol, Yes o. It's Me.
ds s my num 08134008468...pls watsapp me
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by tomdon(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2016
story
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by Emasky4real(m): 7:00pm On May 22, 2016
Self employment is a form of entrepreneurship. An entrepreneur is someone who organizes a business venture and assume the risk of it. Both entrepreneurs and self-employed professionals as described in your post share the same quality.

What you are trying to do here is making attempt to differentiate between being a business owner, and being self-employed. By definition both the self-employed and business owners are entrepreneurs the only difference is how and who runs the business.

A business owner have employees or a team who are running the business. His physical presence is not needed in the day today running of the business. Such businesses are often incorporated. They have the potential to outlive their owners.

The self-employed unlike the business owners most often must be available for the day today running of the business.

Finally; saying self-employment is not entrepreneurship is like saying white yam is not a yam. People who are self-employed are also entrepreneurs just like business owners.
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by captaindavid(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2016
An entrepreneur And a self employed person are dsame bro.... It's just a metamorphosis of nomenclature... They both see business opportunities and embark on them... An Entrepreneur is also a self employed person and a self employed person is also an entrepreneur... Get it straight!!!!! Prove ur points with examples...
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by MrGerald(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2016
cr80vity:
bro u just helpd me nailed it...God bless you....I.hope those who are arguing that its d same can learn from ur example as one part of entrepreneurship
God bless you too, I'm trying to show them more difference
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by hilugz(m): 10:41pm On May 22, 2016
This is really insightful and at the same time an eye-opener. I believe this post should be put in the front page as soon as possible. It's a must-read for all Nigerian youths.
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by oduz: 12:38am On May 23, 2016
Creatively confusing,

your 'self employed' efforts are appreciated

but I humbly beg to disagree,

both classes of ventures are entrepreneurs,

merely operating at different levels

Many professionals transit to self employment

And some of such ventures outlive their owners

Step out of this solo creativity

Brainstorm with other enlightened minds

Then, If you don't discover the truth

The truth will discover you

By the way, Concord was 'killed' mainly by Babangida's proscription

Not because of sole ownership

Which by the way is not self employment

Guardian was also a sole proprietorship, (like many media ventures across the globe)

But before our very eyes has outlived it's founder

Best wishes .....

The Land is green cool
Re: Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences by just2okworld(f): 10:44am On May 24, 2016
samhay:

#Sense.

Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Amuwo Odofin; NNPC Filling Station(photos) / How To Invest In Quarry Business In Nigeria / What Do Millionaires See That Others Don't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.