Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill (846 Views)

Gunmen Kill Gov Ortom’s SSA, Soldier Shoots Undergraduate In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by nelch05(m): 6:39pm On May 21, 2016
Gunmen at the early hours of Friday, stormed the home of Mr. Denen Igbana, the Senior Special Assistant, SSA, to Benue State Governor on Security, and shot him dead in the presence of his family.
This was just as an Army Corporal attached to the Benue State Joint Security Patrol team code named ‘Operation Zenda’, allegedly shot a year two female student of Primary Education Studies at the College of Education in Oju local government area
of the state.
Saturday Vanguard learned that Igbana,
a retired Police officer, was killed by a
gang who waylaid him in front of his house along Naka road, in the outskirts
of Makurdi town.
Narrating the incident to Governor Samuel Ortom who paid a sympathy
visit to the family of the deceased, an eyewitness and Tax Collector in the
area, Thomas Ayakpam said the assailants struck at about 1:32am
He explained that the SSA had come home only to run into the assailants who were armed with sophisticated weapons.
“They opened fire on his vehicle (a Toyota Hilux) perforating the car on all sides.
“ Igbana ran out of the car, shouting and heading towards my own house but they shot him on his leg. He fell. At that point one of the gunmen came closer to him and he started shouting, ‘Gana so you can kill me, you want to kill me, what did I do to you?”. He was then shot severally and the people fled.”
In his response, Governor Ortom who could not hold back tears said the deceased was one of his trusted aides who played a vital role in ensuring the success of the administration’s amnesty programme. The Governor who charged security operatives to apprehend the masterminds of the killing said, “they have killed part of me but I’m still alive and I will ensure that anyone responsible for this dastardly killing would be made to face justice.”
Meantime, Saturday Vanguard gathered from an eyewitness that the female student of College of Education in Oju was shot while sitting in front of her residence at Lawani hostels, situated outside the school campus.
According to the source, “the problem started when one student of the institution was alleged to have a long standing problem with a female student and supposed girl friend of a soldier.
“For that reason, the soldier, Thursday afternoon stormed the institution to whisk Anthony to the ‘Operation Zenda’ base in Oju, but fellow students resisted the move. He was asked to get an approval from the institution’s management before taking the student away.
“At that point the angry soldier went away, promising to come back. That evening the soldier went back to the institution with some of his colleagues to abduct the said Anthony but were resisted by students in the institution who also aided Anthony to escape.
“Vexed by the action of the students the soldier opened fire with his riffle and the innocent girl who was sitting by the door of her room got hit at the side of her chest.
“She was rushed to Adoga hospital in Oju where she was given two pints of blood because she had lost so much blood and thereafter rushed to the Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH, for further treatment because the bullet could not be extracted and her condition was deteriorating.
“As I speak with you we cannot ascertain the condition of the student but the Army Corporal has been arrested by the Police in Oju and transferred to the Command Headquarters in Makurdi.”
Meanwhile, attempts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Assistant Superintendent, ASP, Moses Yamu failed but a top Police source who craved anonymity confirmed that the matter was being investigated while the Army Corporal was being interrogated.
www.nmetblog.com/2016/05/gunmen-kill-gov-ortoms-ssa-soldier_21.html
Re: How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by ShinnBet: 6:47pm On May 21, 2016
Lawless nation.

But e no concern me wetin happen inside nijeriya

Proudly 5%
Re: How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by Luckylife(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2016
This life eh!
Re: How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2016
Ortom made the biggest mistake of granting amnesty to that unrefined Armed Robber called Gana. He should have allowed the 72 battalion dudes to finish Gana cool cool cool

Mtscheeeeew
Re: How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2016
v
Re: How Gov Ortom SSA Was Kill by KingNom(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
THE NIGERIA SOLUTION: A MIND RE-DRIVE
Greetings to You Dear Mr. President, our Political Office Holders and my Fellow Nigerians, I suggest we make the best use of this tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Nigeria was not as bad as this, we started becoming like this when we started *THINKING WRONGLY *
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
It will surely take us time and much sacrifice, but we will get there if we persist!
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!

(1) (Reply)

Yeghe Women Of Rivers State Protest Over Arrest Of Their Ruler By Soldiers(Pics) / 'I Don't Eat National Cake, I'm One Of Those Who Bake It' - Ben Bruce / African Beauty Has Become Global Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.