Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) (2400 Views)

Samsung Smartphones Are Secretly Spying On Users, Report Claims / Glo Leads In New Internet Subscription / Nigeria’s Internet Users Reduce By 81,415 – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Sigoal(m): 10:12pm On May 21, 2016
Am not surprised to see Lagos top the list of the states with highest voice call and internet subscribers in Nigeria. The state has always retained the first position for a long time and i don't see Lagosians slacking any sooner. Two major factors that contributed to this is the high population of the state and the numerous industries including marketing activities.

In the latest released report by National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) showing the number of active phone lines and internet subscribers according to states in Nigeria, Lagos ranked and topped the closest state with a big margin. This stats is compiled for the first quarter of 2016

The list below shows the top 5 and least five states with active voice lines and internet subscribers. Is your state among the top 5 or bottom 5?

Top States With Most Active Voice Subscribers In Nigeria
1* LAGOS – 19,046,657
2* OGUN – 8,535,893
3* KANO – 7,811,290
4* OYO – 7,538,586
5* KADUNA – 6,787,117

Bottom 5
31* JIGAWA – 1,820,249
32* GOMBE – 1,815,166
33* ZAMFARA – 1,678,476
34* EBONYI – 1,436,945
35* EKITI – 1,425,945
36* YOBE – 1,402,357

Top States With Most Active Internet Data Subscribers In Nigeria
1* LAGOS – 12,620,662
2* OGUN – 5,629,424
3* OYO – 4,908,092
4* KADUNA – 4,231,710
5* KANO – 4,134,266

Bottom States
32* JIGAWA – 898,399
33* EKITI – 879,702
34* ZAMFARA – 851,669
35* EBONYI – 796,519
36* BAYELSA – 732,777
37* YOBE – 694,631

There you have it. South Western states are still leading though i expected some south eastern states to be ranked among the top 5 internet users soon. Lagos seems unbeatable and determined to remain first.
You can see the report from NBS here

Rep your state by commenting if your state made the top 5 list.

http://www.exclusiveloaded.com/lagos-leads-in-the-latest-internet-users-report-see-where-your-state-is-ranked/

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Florblu(f): 10:17pm On May 21, 2016
Thank God my town made the top five #,yipee#
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Hustlerlomo(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2016
Florblu:
Thank God my town made the top five
#,yipee#

Oya go church go give testimony.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Sigoal(m): 10:38pm On May 21, 2016
Florblu:
Thank God my town made the top five
#,yipee#

Who mentioned town here?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Oblitz(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
k
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by veekid(m): 5:24am On May 22, 2016
this one no be shere shere o, and we dey shout no money; chai!!! see analysis
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by judondasylva(m): 7:22am On May 22, 2016
so let us give them award for it
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by bcardastro: 8:06am On May 22, 2016
I'm not surprised,all my friends from those bottom states are not even on Facebook let alone whatsapp
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Fmartin(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2016
My state is nt in top 5 neither in the bottom 5, so
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Nobody: 9:35am On May 22, 2016
Wow.. So Ogun has more subscribers than Oyo?

I actually expect Oyo to be second.

Ogun state enjoying its proximity to Lagos since 1900

South west leads.
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by malton: 10:20am On May 22, 2016
This cannot be disputed.

The Westerners' thirst for information is second to none. They are not sophisticated for nothing!

The only place they'll rank low is in vices!
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Thewrath(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2016
Cheap lies,the north that accounts for over 70% illiteracy and poverty is topping in internet data usage.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Kreamie(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2016
Ekiti be lagging behind in all walks angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by LongJohnS: 10:59am On May 22, 2016
But the population in Lagos alone is more than three states put together. So!!!!
undecided
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by richardmba(m): 11:13am On May 22, 2016
[quote author=bcardastro post=45853278]I'm not surprised,all my friends from those bottom states are not even on Facebook let alone whatsapp[/q
Pathetic liar
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by agarawu23(m): 11:20am On May 22, 2016
lf Lagos no top the list which state go top?
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by JonazO: 11:26am On May 22, 2016
ACTUALLY TRUE. . YORUBAS ARE 70% LAZY INTERNET WARLORDS IN NIGERIA. YORUBA YOUTHS THIS DAYS ARE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by ramdris(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2016
malton:
This cannot be disputed.

The Westerners' thirst for information is second to none. They are not sophisticated for nothing!

The only place they'll rank low is in vices!
Bros u don find trouble with this ur remark O, watch dem calling for ur head as if they don't know u typed d truth... grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by Joeyjones(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2016
At least we know what they will use when they start providing 4G to the states.
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by mayorjosh(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2016
JonazO:
ACTUALLY TRUE. . YORUBAS ARE 70% LAZY INTERNET WARLORDS IN NIGERIA. YORUBA YOUTHS THIS DAYS ARE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT
dude do you have to be tribalistic? undecided

as if igbos don't stay in the west...have you ever been to amuwo odofin before?

you go think say na aba you they cos igbos plenty there die but its in lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by JonazO: 3:44pm On May 22, 2016
mayorjosh:

dude do you have to be tribalistic? undecided

as if igbos don't stay in the west...have you ever been to amuwo odofin before?

you go think say na aba you they cos igbos plenty there die but its in lagos
Mr man go on social media and see what am talking about. .. most of the online warlords are yorubas
Re: Lagos Leads In The Latest Internet Users Report (see Where Your State Is Ranked) by amicdan(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2016
Thewrath:
Cheap lies,the north that accounts for over 70% illiteracy and poverty is topping in internet data usage.
So other tribes don't reside in the north? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Night Plan Is Not Competent / Help! Huawei Ascend G6 U10 3G "Internal Storage Damaged" / #billgates: You’d All Be On Windows Mobile Today, Not #android, But I Screwed Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.