Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

A Sure Thing We Became *A Romantic Short Story* - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Sure Thing We Became *A Romantic Short Story* (783 Views)

SECRET BETRAYAL - A Romantic Story / Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo / The Perfect Flight. (A Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sure Thing We Became *A Romantic Short Story* by Nobody: 10:08am On May 22, 2016
*Dedicated to MsBella and JoyWendy. I haven't heard from you guys in ages. My uncreative fault. Lol*

CHAPTER 1
It was easier falling in love than it is now to understand why I'm here, still in love with the one person I hate the most.

I flipped the book close and threw it across her body to land on the lamp desk. She remained still, her back giving me the cold look of "don't touch me."

Buchi and I had been friends since we started working at the Primrose literary agency Maitama almost six years ago. One day she locked herself out of her house after work. She called me up and I drove down to meet her up by 10:29pm. Her hagged look with her suit and skirt still on and immaculate told me she was hopeless about asking her landlord for her spare key. I broke the door down eventually. Two cups of hot tea, some growing laughs and an "I don't know if I'll be safe all by myself with a broken door" plea later, I slept the night at her place. Actually we slept like brother and sister, cuddled like old lovers and rested our tired bodies for the night. The next morning, she woke me and urged me to leave so we both could prepare for work. Embarrassment graced her face while she scratched her hair, talked to me and looked in another direction all at once. I picked myself up and left. But I couldn't forget my body was warm, even as I bathed cold water that morning. I couldn't shake off the memory of her warm back on my chest. We were friends but that morning other thoughts began to blossom. And maybe on hers too.

Shy a few days later, she however loosened up. We hung out more for lunch, sat close to each other at board meetings and even once got picked out at a retreat to play a couple's game. Things ran fast. The day Buchi and I kissed, God said Yes.

Today I don't know what God says anymore. Buchi and I have grown apart so much. As I stare at her back, cold, I can't help remembering how we... got here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sure Thing We Became *A Romantic Short Story* by MsBella: 3:10pm On May 22, 2016
TheWisest:
*Dedicated to MsBella and JoyWendy. I haven't heard from you guys in ages. My uncreative fault. Lol*

CHAPTER 1
It was easier falling in love than it is now to understand why I'm here, still in love with the one person I hate the most.

I flipped the book close and threw it across her body to land on the lamp desk. She remained still, her back giving me the cold look of "don't touch me."

Buchi and I had been friends since we started working at the Primrose literary agency Maitama almost six years ago. One day she locked herself out of her house after work. She called me up and I drove down to meet her up by 10:29pm. Her hagged look with her suit and skirt still on and immaculate told me she was hopeless about asking her landlord for her spare key. I broke the door down eventually. Two cups of hot tea, some growing laughs and an "I don't know if I'll be safe all by myself with a broken door" plea later, I slept the night at her place. Actually we slept like brother and sister, cuddled like old lovers and rested our tired bodies for the night. The next morning, she woke me and urged me to leave so we both could prepare for work. Embarrassment graced her face while she scratched her hair, talked to me and looked in another direction all at once. I picked myself up and left. But I couldn't forget my body was warm, even as I bathed cold water that morning. I couldn't shake off the memory of her warm back on my chest. We were friends but that morning other thoughts began to blossom. And maybe on hers too.

Shy a few days later, she however loosened up. We hung out more for lunch, sat close to each other at board meetings and even once got picked out at a retreat to play a couple's game. Things ran fast. The day Buchi and I kissed, God said Yes.

Today I don't know what God says anymore. Buchi and I have grown apart so much. As I stare at her back, cold, I can't help remembering how we... got here.

Hello @TheWisest. Nice short story. Relationships are not as easy as the are depicted in romance novels... It can be complicated, painful, interesting, a waste of time, energy and emotions and so much more... And making it work is a story for another day. I hope you are okay?
Re: A Sure Thing We Became *A Romantic Short Story* by joywendy(f): 8:35am On Jun 17, 2016
The Wisest whysad Thanks for the dedication,it's unfortunate I get to see this after you left.

It is a cool story...miss you my dear friend.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life(a True Life Story) By Holuwabusayo. / One Mantra That Will Stop You From Taking Things Personally / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 9-10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.