Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,742 members, 7,831,370 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Chosen Is Blessed!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chosen Is Blessed!!! (289 Views)

It's Palm Sunday - Blessed Is He Who Comes In The Name Of The Lord / Chosen Is Blessed / The Lords Chosen Is The Finger Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chosen Is Blessed!!! by udopee(f): 1:05pm On May 22, 2016
THE CHOSEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL…

DATE: SUNDAY 22ND MAY, 2016.

THEME: GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE

TEXT: ISAIAH 54:4
4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

MEMORY VERSE: “28 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated: 29 And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the unclothedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms. 30 I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols.” (Ezekiel 23:18-30)

Why will God deliver someone into the hand of his enemies so that they shall deal with him hatefully? God is merciful, but at the same time He is a consuming fire whose mercy must never be taken for granted. He gives long rope for repentance but when this is neglected He might be compelled to take stern measures.

Idolatry is one thing that God hates with perfect hatred. He does not take it kindly when His children veer into false worship. That can be enough to make Him remove His cover of protection thereby allowing their enemies to make mince meat of them. Are you into idolatry, lip-service or eye-service? All of them amount to false worship. You risk the anger of God. He might hand you over to your enemies. The only available option to you right now is genuine repentance.

Sing a few praise/worship song. Pray and thank God and then ask for forgiveness of sins and take the following prayer points.

Prayer Points:
1. O God pardon my iniquities; do not hand me over to my enemies, in Jesus’ name.

2. In any way I have neglected the ordinances of God and followed idols or promoted their works, I repent and ask for mercy, in Jesus’ name.

3. Father, direct my footsteps; uphold me that I may not fall, in Jesus’ name.

AUTHOR: PST LAZARUS MUOKA

(1) (Reply)

Ask Yourself / Spiritual Digest For The Day 5th Of June 2016 / We Are Unshakable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.