Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? (2671 Views)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Christianity Vs Science. / Terrorism: Christianity Vs Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by yinkeys(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2016
Demmzy15:
Omo see how the guy just quickly confess grin, don't be excited, I know this I just wanted to see how gullible you were! So you stated Prophet Muhammad copied, now, how is it possible for him to copy books which weren't written in his language especially when we know he was an illiterate? He was an Arab, but the books were written in Greek, Aramaic/Syriac and Hebrew, so possible is it?
This is a good question
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by yinkeys(m): 7:13pm On May 23, 2016
shocked
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 23, 2016
Demmzy15:

The history and the Qur'an!

Ummi is roughly translated as mother or mama, I call my great grandmother Ummi!

So it's your duty to tell us who amongst them did the copying!

The first portion of the bible which was Translated into Arabic was in 867AD and this was almost 250 years after Prophet Muhammad had died, so find another lie!

You're just talking, you've not proved that he copied. You're just speculating, give me tangible proves he did. Unlike your bible, when one opens it, you find outright copy and paste from pagan sources! Give me something tangible and stop the speculations

It is important to note that the word Injil is actually the Greek word evangel which is actually the word from which the word rendered "gospel" is derived. Also the word "Quran" is actually the Aramaic word "Qerani which means "recitation" or "reading" or "calling" and also the word "Huri" translated as "virgins" which Muslims hope to get in paradise is actually the Aramaic word "Huwr" which means "white" or "grape." When considering the Arabic of the Quran, there are noticeable Greek and Aramaic influenced words, so it is clear that existing Greek and Aramaic Christian texts were used in the construction of the Quran............ .....

If there was no Arabic text of the bible as you claim, then how were Arab speaking Christians such as Waraqa able to quote bible verses?
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2016
lordnicklaus:

It is important to note that the word Injil is actually the Greek word evangel which is actually the word from which the word rendered "gospel" is derived.

How on earth does "evangel" and "Injeel" sound alike for you to claim they're from the same source? Anyways, prove for the above assertion!

Also the word "Quran" is actually the Aramaic word "Qerani which means "recitation" or "reading" or "calling" and also the word "Huri" translated as "virgins" which Muslims hope to get in paradise is actually the Aramaic word "Huwr" which means "white" or "grape."

Arabic, Aramaic or Syriac and Hebrew are sister languages which was influenced by the Nabateans. So this languages have striking similarities, in Arabic for instance," In the name" is translated as "Bismi" while in Hebrew it's "B'shemi". This languages are from the same sources, so it'll be unfair for you to say they borrowed from each other. I can also say Arabic influenced this languages you mentioned!

This is peculiar with many European language like English because it emerged from the Germanic people!

When considering the Arabic of the Quran, there are noticeable Greek and Aramaic influenced words, so it is clear that existing Greek and Aramaic Christian texts were used in the construction of the Quran............ .....

There are no Greek words in the Quran, now please prove to us that the Qur'an was composed with Christian texts. Similarities between sister languages isn't enough reason!

If there was no Arabic text of the bible as you claim, then how were Arab speaking Christians such as Waraqa able to quote bible verses?

Which verses did Waraqa quote exactly? It's surprising how you want to use Waraqa as an evidence, it'll turn out badly for you.
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by chubbyswit(m): 7:46pm On May 23, 2016
Demmzy15:
If that's the case, I'll prefer you keep silent and stop spreading lies!
everything there is nothing but fact but i dont expect you to accept the truth cos you all have been possessed and blinded
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 7:52pm On May 23, 2016
chubbyswit:
everything there is nothing but fact but i dont expect you to accept the truth cos you all have been possessed and blinded
Look here, it's people like you who would open their whole mouth to talk yet no substance. Spare me all that thrash and tell me how Prophet Muhammad copied from you, I can prove all what you copied from pagans if you want? shocked

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 23, 2016
Many of these guys claiming that Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم plagiarized from such an empty book that should be used to clean up faeces(bible) haven't given us any proof but have giving us speculations, well i will use the bible to give examples on what plagiarism is:

[b]-Book of Proverbs (22:17-24:22) and the Instruction of Amenemope

Amenemope is the colored text:

(Proverbs 22:17-18):"Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, And apply thine heart to my doctrine; For it is pleasant if thou keep them in thy belly, that they may be established together upon thy lips"

(Amenemope, ch. 1):"Give thine ear, and hear what I say, And apply thine heart to apprehend; It is good for thee to place them in thine heart, let them rest in the casket of thy belly; That they may act as a peg upon thy tongue"

(Proverbs 22:22):"Rob not the poor, for he is poor, neither oppress (or crush) the lowly in the gate."

(Amenemope, ch. 2):"Beware of robbing the poor, and oppressing the afflicted."

(Proverbs 23:4-5):"Toil not to become rich, And cease from dishonest gain; For wealth maketh to itself wings, Like an eagle that flieth heavenwards"

(Amenemope, ch. 7):"Toil not after riches; If stolen goods are brought to thee, they remain not over night with thee. They have made themselves wings like geese. And have flown into the heavens."

(Proverbs 23:10): "Remove not the widows landmark; And enter not into the field of the fatherless."

Amenemope, ch. 6): "Remove not the landmark from the bounds of the field...and violate not the widows boundary"[/b]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_of_Amenemopet, http://newunderthesun..com/2008/03/knockoffs-part-2.html?m=1

Dear readers, the above is not only plagiarism but photocopy of the highest order.

I drop my pen here cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 23, 2016
Demmzy15:

How on earth does "evangel" and "Injeel" sound alike for you to claim they're from the same source? Anyways, prove for the above assertion!

Arabic, Aramaic or Syriac and Hebrew are sister languages which was influenced by the Nabateans. So this languages have striking similarities, in Arabic for instance," In the name" is translated as "Bismi" while in Hebrew it's "B'shemi". This languages are from the same sources, so it'll be unfair for you to say they borrowed from each other. I can also say Arabic influenced this languages you mentioned!

This is peculiar with many European language like English because it emerged from the Germanic people!

There are no Greek words in the Quran, now please prove to us that the Qur'an was composed with Christian texts. Similarities between sister languages isn't enough reason!

Which verses did Waraqa quote exactly? It's surprising how you want to use Waraqa as an evidence, it'll turn out badly for you.

It is important to also note that "evangel" is pronounced as "evanjel" and it sounds similar to "injil." Now you made a correct point that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages. In Aramaic, the word "gospel" is "bisorta" and in Hebrew it is "besort." The words for "gospel" sound similar in both languages but why a different word in the Arabic counterpart which is supposed to be a sister language? It is clear that the Arabic counterpart is of another source language, a non-semitic source.

And as for the issue concerning Waraqa, below is a link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waraka_ibn_Nawfal
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2016
lordnicklaus:

It is important to also note that "evangel" is pronounced as "evanjel" and it sounds similar to "injil."

It doesn't sound similar at all, give me a lexicon showing that it's from that source!

Now you made a correct point that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages.

Thank you for admitting!

In Aramaic, the word "gospel" is "bisorta" and in Hebrew it is "besort." The words for "gospel" sound similar in both languages but why a different word in the Arabic counterpart which is supposed to be a sister language?

So it's only one word you use to judge and then conclude that Prophet Muhammad copied? Are you being serious? Isn't this supposed to be a prove that the Qur'an had nothing to do with copying from the Hebrew and Aramaic sources? If this is the same, you'll still be the same people to claim it was copied but when it's not you still complain.

There are many similarities but that doesn't mean the languages are dependent on each other. In Palestine today, many Arabs can't speak Jew even though they're similarities!

It is clear that the Arabic counterpart is of another source language, a non-semitic source.

All languages developed from the Nabateans and remember you said "Now you made a correct point that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages." So if they're sisters then surely they're from the same sources!

And as for the issue concerning Waraqa, below is a link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waraka_ibn_Nawfal

I can't be reading through wiki, present facts if you have them!
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2016
lordnicklaus gospel in Greek is Evangélio not what you stated!
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 23, 2016
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 23, 2016
Demmzy15:

Give the guy space to breath abeg na, he is probably searching the web for answers to the photocopying of amenemope into proverbs.

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 24, 2016
Demmzy15:

You didn't read my post well. I said "evangel" is the word from which the Greek word for "gospel" is derived. That is to say, "evangelion" is derived from "evangel." You should also note that "evangelion" is pronounced as "evanjelion" and still kind of sound like "injil." Again, I made reference to the Aramaic and Hebrew word for "gospel" and I said that they both sound alike as they are sister languages, but Arabic being a sister language uses a different word entirely which is not of Semitic source or origin.
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 24, 2016
Demmzy15:

It doesn't sound similar at all, give me a lexicon showing that it's from that source!

Thank you for admitting!

So it's only one word you use to judge and then conclude that Prophet Muhammad copied? Are you being serious? Isn't this supposed to be a prove that the Qur'an had nothing to do with copying from the Hebrew and Aramaic sources? If this is the same, you'll still be the same people to claim it was copied but when it's not you still complain.

There are many similarities but that doesn't mean the languages are dependent on each other. In Palestine today, many Arabs can't speak Jew even though they're similarities!

All languages developed from the Nabateans and remember you said "Now you made a correct point that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages." So if they're sisters then surely they're from the same sources!

I can't be reading through wiki, present facts if you have them!

Back to the sister language issue. What I am saying is this, Aramaic and Hebrew makes use of words for "gospel" and they sound alike but Arabic being a sister language is supposed to make use of a similar word but instead uses a strange word which cannot be found in other Semitic languages, it is clear that the word "injil" is of Non-Semitic origin and that is of Greek origin, so Muhammad probably made use of either a Greek text or an Arabic translation of a Greek text in constructing Quran.

For the Waraqa issue, he was the cousin of Khadija and a Christian right? It is said that after Muhammad received his so-called revelation, that Waraqa confirmed his prophethood by quoting from the Christian and Jewish texts. How could he have quoted a text in a foreign language if a translation of the text didn't exist in his own language?.............. Or how could Waraqa have been a Christian if he wasn't preached to in his own language?
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You didn't read my post well. I said "evangel" is the word from which the Greek word for "gospel" is derived. That is to say, "evangelion" is derived from "evangel."

Please could you provide proves for this from a Greek Lexicon!

You should also note that "evangelion" is pronounced as "evanjelion" and still kind of sound like "injil."

How on earth do they sound alike, "Evangélio" and "Injeel", I don't just get. So because they sound alike(everyone can clearly see they don't), then the Prophet Muhammad(saw) copied from your bible? Who argues like that, I'm telling you that they're no Greek words in the Quran.

Again, I made reference to the Aramaic and Hebrew word for "gospel" and I said that they both sound alike as they are sister languages, but Arabic being a sister language uses a different word entirely which is not of Semitic source or origin.

Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages but that doesn't mean they can't exist independently. This languages were influenced by the Nabataeans, so they have many words which sound alike and others which don't.

Here's is the Hebrew and Arabic transliteration of the Quran 1:1-8

[b]"bismi llâhi r-rahmâni r-rahîm - in the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Caring
בשם אלהים הרחמן והרחום / B'shem Elohim ha-rachaman v'ha-rachum
الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

al-hamdu li llâhi rabbi l-âlamîn - praise be to God, lord sustainer of the worlds
התהלה לאלהים רב כל עלמים / ha-t'hilah l'Elohim rav kol olamim
الرَّحْمـنِ الرَّحِيمِ

r-rahmâni r-rahîm - the Compassionate, the Caring
הרחמן והרחום / ha-rachaman v'ha-rachum
مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ

mâliki yawmi d-dîn - master of the day of judgment
מלך יום הדין / melech yom ha-din
إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

iyâka na`budu wa iyâka nasta`în - to you we turn to worship/serve; to you we turn in time of need

אותך נעבד; אליך נשוב / ot'kha na'avod; alecha nashuv

اهدِنَــــا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ

ihdinâ s-sirâta l-mustaqîm - guide us on the straight road (road of uprightness)
הנחנו בדרך הישר / hanchenu b'derech ha-yashar
صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ

sirâta l-ladhîna an`amta `alayhim - the road of those to whom you are giving
בדרכם של אלה אשר נטית להם / b'darcham shel eleh asher n'tiyat lahem
المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ

ghayri l-maghdûbi `alayhim wa la d-dâlîn - not those who receive your anger, who have lost their way.
אשר לא חרון אפו עליהם ולא מן התועים / asher lo charon apo aleihem v'lo min hato'im."
[/b] Quran 1:1-8

Hope you can see the similarities and differences!
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 9:12pm On May 24, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Back to the sister language issue. What I am saying is this, Aramaic and Hebrew makes use of words for "gospel" and they sound alike

So out of thousands of words, you picked only "gospel" and then concluded that Prophet Muhammad(saw) from your book, if that's the case, here's some similarities between your bible and ancient pagan books:

-Genesis and the Babylonic Pagan myth(Enuma Elish)

1.Genesis
1st day the creation of light

Enuma Elish
Light emanates from the gods

2. Genesis
2nd day the dome of the sky is created

Enuma Elish
creation of the firmament (dome

3. Genesis
3rd day creation of dry land

Enuma Elish
creation of dry land

4. Genesis
4th day creation of heavenly lights

Enuma Elish
creation of heavenly lights

5. Genesis
5th day creation of animals
---------------

6. Genesis
6th day creation of man

Enuma Elish
creation of man

7. Genesis
God rests and sanctifies the sabbath

Enuma Elish
the gods rest and celebrate with a banquet

http://www.skeptically.org/oldtestament/id14.html, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enuma_Elish

Hope you can see how I clearly presented my facts, this book was written many years before the bible and it was proved to be copied outrightly. You've not given tangible fact as to how those words are the same, you're talking as if Arabic language is dependent, any word you hear is automatically borrowed according. That's not how it works!

but Arabic being a sister language is supposed to make use of a similar word but instead uses a strange word which cannot be found in other Semitic languages,

Even in the Hebrew and Aramaic language, they're many words which have the same spelling but totally different meanings. Let's look at like this, my father gave birth to me and my brother but as we grow up we might have totally different behaviors even though we might have little similarities, that's how it goes!

it is clear that the word "injil" is of Non-Semitic origin and that is of Greek origin, so Muhammad probably made use of either a Greek text or an Arabic translation of a Greek text in constructing Quran.

This is a very critical argument, if you have fact please drop it. I won't accept "probably" or "it is clear" when you've not proved anything. This world would have been destroyed if people followed "if", "probably" and other guesses. Possibility doesn't necessarily mean probability!

For the Waraqa issue, he was the cousin of Khadija and a Christian right? It is said that after Muhammad received his so-called revelation, that Waraqa confirmed his prophethood by quoting from the Christian and Jewish texts. How could he have quoted a text in a foreign language if a translation of the text didn't exist in his own language?.............. Or how could Waraqa have been a Christian if he wasn't preached to in his own language?

Narrated 'Aisha(R): Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3

Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died.

Waraqah is someone you wouldn't want to use as an evidence!
Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 24, 2016
Demmzy15 is there any shia moderator in that islam for Muslims? One mod keeps banning me whenever i reply "shia.muslim", all my three accounts have been banned.

1 Like

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Demmzy15(m): 11:32pm On May 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:
Demmzy15 is there any shia moderator in that islam for Muslims? One mod keeps banning me whenever i reply "shia.muslim", all my three accounts have been banned.
Akhi, I don't think so. Maybe it's the anti spam bot, it's happens to me also, in fact I can't post on some subjects about Shia. It happens when you visit antishia sites!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CHRISTIANITY Vs Islam Which Is Older?? by Presbulg(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Islam means submission to the will of God( i.e doing things God wants, following his rules and and regulations and avoiding the things He says he detest)

Muslim : a person who submits himself/herself and follows the will of God.

All the prophets/messangers of God( From Adam to Mohammed) brought this same message.

Islam is a religion from God and not by any man.

So I'll say it's Islam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Be Me Kill Jesus: Man Seen Eating During A Church Service / The Invasion Of The Funky Pastors & Commercialization Of Christianity / Cec's Pastor Michelle Okojie Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.