Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again (580 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / 3 Ways We Misunderstand Being Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again by Slimshady11: 3:53pm On May 22, 2016
After going through a topic by a NL'der,abt misunderstanding christians have about d term born again,so i decided to create one about wat it really meant to be born again.
Many of us christians don't even understand wat it means to be born again,which is why u see someone becoming a born again over lyk 50 tyms in one yr,some even bcom tired of d whole tin dat they will take refuge in being atheist.first off

IT'S MORE OF A RELATIONSHIP DAN A RELIGION

we accept Christ as our personal lord and saviour,but most people don't even knw wat dis means wen they say it.wen u bcom a born again,it's more lyk saying dat Jesus christ is ur other parent,he's ur friend,ur mentor.u seek his consent bfore taking action,u talk to him wen u nid sumone to talk to,u look up to him as u do to ur father,u emulate him.D main point here is communication,u talk to him,he's ur dear dairy.At d end of d day u kneel down and tell him how ur day has been,ask for forgiveness for antym u might have defaulted,and ask for his candid advice in wat u're about to do,trust me u'll get an answer.

IT'S A GRADUAL PROCESS

most people think wen u bcum a christian dat u're supposed to be perfect.while a bit of dis is true,human habit is not a switch dat u jst turn off lyk dat,lyk evry habit it has to be worked on if not,it will jst come bak,and u begin at square one all over again.u have to first notice d indecent habit u do,write dem down if u need to,and den u start working on dem,by his grace u shall conquer.i once saw on someone's signature:principled men are better than religious men,dis is true because most pastors preach christianity as a tin dat can be achieved in one day,which is why christianity has been reduced to nothing but mockery.wen u give ur lyf to christ u'll should try to live like him,knowing dat humans can never be perfect,we try to emulate christ,dats why u should strive to be rather a principled man than a religious man.

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE

If u read d bible very well about d life of Jesus christ,his teachings,u'll see dat it didn't emphasize on how righteousness,nor on prayerfullness,nor religiousness,it emphasized on LOVE,forgivenss,sharing.wen u accept Jesus dat is all dat matters to him,not how holy u were,not ur position in church.And for ur relationship wit him to grow,for u to truly say "i am a christian/born again" u must show d uncoditional love for ur nebor which was wat he did one earth and wat brought him here in d first place.Remember on d last judgement,d basis for judgement is love

I drop my e-pen here,ur comments are wellcomed.pardon d abbr of words,creating a topic is hard than i thought
Re: Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 22, 2016
No offense OP, but it's kind of ironic that someone with your username is opening a thread illustrating the true meaning of being born again, from a christian perspective.

I mean, Slimshady11? Really? An Eminem fanatic preaching about what it means to be born again? Interesting.

Username definitely doesn't check out. Lol.
Re: Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again by Slimshady11: 7:26pm On May 22, 2016
Decker:
No offense OP, but it's kind of ironic that someone with your username is opening a thread illustrating the true meaning of being born again, from a christian perspective.

I mean, Slimshady11? Really? An Eminem fanatic preaching about what it means to be born again? Interesting.

Username definitely doesn't check out. Lol.

My choice of music doesn't stop me frm living a christian lyf,neither does My username.unless u have a problem with it,which in dat case is ur problem.after all musicians do preach
Re: Understanding The True Meaning Of Being Born Again by Nobody: 4:57am On May 23, 2016
Slimshady11:
After going through a topic by a NL'der,abt misunderstanding christians have about d term born again,so i decided to create one about wat it really meant to be born again.
Many of us christians don't even understand wat it means to be born again,which is why u see someone becoming a born again over lyk 50 tyms in one yr,some even bcom tired of d whole tin dat they will take refuge in being atheist.first off

IT'S MORE OF A RELATIONSHIP DAN A RELIGION

we accept Christ as our personal lord and saviour,but most people don't even knw wat dis means wen they say it.wen u bcom a born again,it's more lyk saying dat Jesus christ is ur other parent,he's ur friend,ur mentor.u seek his consent bfore taking action,u talk to him wen u nid sumone to talk to,u look up to him as u do to ur father,u emulate him.D main point here is communication,u talk to him,he's ur dear dairy.At d end of d day u kneel down and tell him how ur day has been,ask for forgiveness for antym u might have defaulted,and ask for his candid advice in wat u're about to do,trust me u'll get an answer.

IT'S A GRADUAL PROCESS

most people think wen u bcum a christian dat u're supposed to be perfect.while a bit of dis is true,human habit is not a switch dat u jst turn off lyk dat,lyk evry habit it has to be worked on if not,it will jst come bak,and u begin at square one all over again.u have to first notice d indecent habit u do,write dem down if u need to,and den u start working on dem,by his grace u shall conquer.i once saw on someone's signature:principled men are better than religious men,dis is true because most pastors preach christianity as a tin dat can be achieved in one day,which is why christianity has been reduced to nothing but mockery.wen u give ur lyf to christ u'll should try to live like him,knowing dat humans can never be perfect,we try to emulate christ,dats why u should strive to be rather a principled man than a religious man.

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE

If u read d bible very well about d life of Jesus christ,his teachings,u'll see dat it didn't emphasize on how righteousness,nor on prayerfullness,nor religiousness,it emphasized on LOVE,forgivenss,sharing.wen u accept Jesus dat is all dat matters to him,not how holy u were,not ur position in church.And for ur relationship wit him to grow,for u to truly say "i am a christian/born again" u must show d uncoditional love for ur nebor which was wat he did one earth and wat brought him here in d first place.Remember on d last judgement,d basis for judgement is love

I drop my e-pen here,ur comments are wellcomed.pardon d abbr of words,creating a topic is hard than i thought

There is something of substance in ur writeup. however, u seem to misunderstand the term "born again".

That you declare "I accpt Jesus as my personal lord and savior" does not mean you are born again.

God gives u that new birth thru His spirit. You don't make that choice.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Biography And True Lifestyle / Can Software Bible Be As Much Powerful As Hardcopy Bible? / Church Advertises Vacancies For Pastor And Evangelist ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.