Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? (614 Views)

Three Men Arraigned For Gang-Raping A Teenager In Lagos / Pregnant Teenager Drinks Poison In Lagos, Blames Grandma In Suicide Note / 3 Friends Slept With A Teenager In Lagos And Filmed It (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Bbsharon(f): 4:45pm On May 22, 2016
Do you have a young one around you who always look depressed and out of context? Or you have one who just act up always, bows head to the chest when walking or one who Just always say negative things at every slightest opportunitues?

Has it ever occurred to you that this teenager might be going through series of depression or has a very terrible low esteem problem and is only battling hard to act cool when people are around.

Some are overly too quiet and shy to the point they want to be left alone always.

To know a obvious case is when these traits displayed by these teenager doesn't occur in any other family member . Then there might be a problem  that needs attention.

The cases of bullying in schools and rejection by peers do have a great influence on a teen disposition. They are cases of teenagers who have attempted suicide especially due to bullying and some actually committed suicide. Shock!! are you?

As a young teen about three to four years back  at times horrible thoughts just come into my subconsciousness which  I keep to myself and try to ignore and sometimes these thoughts keeps reoccurring and I would feel like taking a drastic action but I never did though maybe because I had elder siblings to always talk to apart from my mom and people around.

That's my own case,what of a teen that has no one around really to talk to,no one to notice him/her and then having fed up with depression,self deception,rejection  and all sort of bullies ? Do you think it's likely for him or her to want to commit suicide?

Lalasticlala

http://naijaebiz..com.ng/2016/05/teen-talk-why-would-teenager-want-to.html?m=1
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by donholy28(m): 4:48pm On May 22, 2016
The main cause of those depressions re from friends that turn u into d topic of the day whenever u show up...every joke or insults is on u...and if u can't laugh at yourself mehn dem go crush u
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by VocalWalls: 4:57pm On May 22, 2016
Sometimes you just can't tell
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Cutehector(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2016
I'v thought about suicide before.. buh it was a silly thought. The fear of hell sef no let me kill myself grin grin cuz I knw say na hell straight I go enta cheesy
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Bbsharon(f): 5:26pm On May 22, 2016
Cutehector:
I'v thought about suicide before.. buh it was a silly thought. The fear of hell sef no let me kill myself grin grin cuz I knw say na hell straight I go enta cheesy

Lol grin

8 of every 10 teenager harbour such thoughts and it's only repressed on the inside
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Cutehector(m): 5:28pm On May 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

Lol grin

8 of every 10 teenager harbour such thoughts and it's only repressed on the inside
yeah yeah. Hav u thought about it too
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Bbsharon(f): 5:30pm On May 22, 2016
donholy28:
The main cause of those depressions re from friends that turn u into d topic of the day whenever u show up...every joke or insults is on u...and if u can't laugh at yourself mehn dem go crush u

There is this teenager I studied...his friends always make fun of him because he was not yet in university but he always laugh with them and you won't even notice him feeling sad at all but I walked up to him one day and asked him if he is truly cool with the way they are always laughing at him...he laughed again but he said something.
"I have no choice"
Well this means he doesn't really like it and not comfortable with it. Then I told him to tell them to stop it because it's can affects him without he himself noticing it.
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Bbsharon(f): 5:32pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:
Sometimes you just can't tell

Those who can't tell are dealing with dangerous ood swings because they see theirself cool at one point and at other times depressed. It's a shuffled emotional game and they keep playing until they can't anymore.
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Bbsharon(f): 5:34pm On May 22, 2016
Cutehector:
yeah yeah. Hav u thought about it too

At a point and it was horrible and whenever I think of it I just feel real stupid but also more determined.
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Cutehector(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

At a point and it was horrible and whenever I think of it I just feel real stupid but also more determined.
eya..
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Rilwayne001: 5:39pm On May 22, 2016
I never had such thought.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by donholy28(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

There is this teenager I studied...his friends always make fun of him because he was not yet in university but he always laugh with them and you won't even notice him feeling sad at all but I walked up to him one day and asked him if he is truly cool with the way they are always laughing at him...he laughed again but he said something.
"I have no choice"
Well this means he doesn't really like it and not comfortable with it. Then I told him to tell them to stop it because it's can affects him without he himself noticing it.
Well there's nothing stopping him from telling them to quit...if they refuse punch one in the face....it may start a fight but from that day onwards they'll respect themselves
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2016
Ive never had this thought sha. Commit sucide and go where? Cutehector me i know im going to heaven grin grin but heaven looks boring to me.

If things are tough, i'll hope for sth like time travel but sucide? Never!
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Cutehector(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2016
juhan:
Ive never had this thought sha. Commit sucide and go where? Cutehector me i know im going to heaven grin grin but heaven looks boring to me.

If things are tough, i'll hope for sth like time travel but sucide? Never!
it'l not be fair if u go to heaven and leave me in hell, I want us to go to heaven together sweetie cool
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 22, 2016
Cutehector:
it'l not be fair if u go to heaven and leave me in hell, I want us to go to heaven together sweetie cool
tongue
Re: Why Would A Teenager Think Suicide ? by Cutehector(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2016
juhan:
tongue
dnt worry, i'l take u to heaven, and bak grin whch of the angels will u like to see?

Shebi angel cutehector grin

(1) (Reply)

Thief Nabbed After Victim Identifies Him On Facebook / Black Mercedes Benz Jeep Ml350 Stolen At Salem Close Ada George,valuables Lost / Young Boy Being Mercilessly Beaten By His Guardian In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.