Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance (17230 Views)

Rats Ate My Office, Says Absent Leader - South African Newspaper On Aso Rock Rat / FG To Spend N1.9bn On Sewage, Fumigation In 2017 / Buhari's Interview With Osasu Show: Speaks On Aso Rock Cabal & Daura (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Nobody: 10:26am On May 23, 2016
There's to much revenue concentrated at the centre.

True federalism will give more money to the states and local government areas, meaning there will be less money available in the centre to be spent on such frivolities and opulence as is captured in this article.

It's time to change the GAME, not just the PLAYERS. It's time to pursue a lean and austere government, especially when the same is expected of Nigerians by the government.

It's hypocritical and deceptive of the FG to keep spending our limited resources this way.

This nation at present offers no hope.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by OLADD: 10:29am On May 23, 2016
edlion57:
Is alright. .....this man neva wanted to help us in away....doubt me...any man way go promise u everything and later deny or twisting it ....is a very bad person

Yet, Buhari and the VP could only raise alarm on figures smuggled into the final budget by the Legislators whereas their own constituency (the Executive) did worst. How dare some people say Buhari's govt is sincere and trustworthy?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by BushidoBlue(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2016
989900B:
Some of the items are moderate (i.e. feeding/catering supplies which was around ₦1b under Jonathan); some, especially the miscellaneous, are absurd and should be looked into.

OTOH, why would maintenance of the villa cost so much?

What does this^^ mean? undecided

[size=28pt]..And around ₦1.7b under Buhari..[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Bari22: 10:41am On May 23, 2016
Large percentage of people from the South east and south south are born to hate. No apology! These are people who professed to be christians. I was on Sahara reporter's page yesterday to read comments on the cancellation of the president 2 days working visit to Lagos due to ear infection. I was amazed with the kind of hate-filled comments that took over the thread. I lost my patience reading evil wishes from some animals in human skin. I asked myself, how did we get to this level of inhumanity in the name of political affiliation? I am no longer a fan of Buhari. But anyone who wishes him evil will be consumed by evil. Anyone who wishes him death will die before him. There are thousands ways to criticise a leader. Death/evil wish[es] is not one of it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by 989900B: 10:50am On May 23, 2016
BushidoBlue:

[size=28pt]..And around ₦1.7b under Buhari..[/size]

Is that what is stated in the article?
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by chachanga: 10:52am On May 23, 2016
EmmaOgbu:
ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS.
If GEJ is a constant, while APC is variable, and if 1year has been used for blaming; With the aid of a diagram, 1. Discuss the probability of APC blaming GEJ for the next 3 years for, i. Dollar increase ii. Fuel price increase. 2. If APC = all promises cancelled, where PMB is a constant, discuss the speed at which peoples' suffering may increase. 3. Define the term, 'Budget padding'. 4. Mention 3 types of APC propaganda you know, and how they can be used in the 21st century politics. 5. Mention five prisoners you know that were fed with N14,000 a day. 6. Mention the next 3 countries PMB will travel to after London. If PMB is silent when herdsmen kill people, but buys fighter jet when Biafra is mentioned, solve the equation in correlation to x. 8. Write short notes on these mad phrases: i. masquerade dressing. ii. importation of grass. iii. pencil production by 2017. 9. If x is chanji, and y is lies/propaganda, solve the equation, 2x + 5y = ? 10. If you used to be corrupt but now fantastically corrupt. Explain the effect of gravitational force on you.

See mad maths!

Bari22:

Large percentage of people
from the South east and
south south are born to hate.
No apology!
These are people who
professed to be christians.
I was on Sahara reporter's
page yesterday to read
comments on the
cancellation of the president
2 days working visit to Lagos
due to ear infection.
I was amazed with the kind
of hate-filled comments that
took over the thread. I lost
my patience reading evil
wishes from some animals in
human skin. I asked myself,
how did we get to this level
of inhumanity in the name of
political affiliation?
I am no longer a fan of
Buhari. But anyone who
wishes him evil will be
consumed by evil.
Anyone who wishes him
death will die before him.
There are thousands ways to
criticise a leader. Death/evil
wish[es] is not one of it.

Sorry, but that's a lesson we all gotta learn and learn good now.

GEJ was the most cursed and abused president ever on social media and no one came to his aid. He was christened a thousand and one unbefitting monickers from "clueless one" to "drunk fisherman of Otueke" and we all laughed. We honed our skills banging on the "drunk fisherman's" head and sharpened our teeth on his back. embarassed .

So, you see malevolence has found its way into the Nigerian soul since tey-tey!

As long we're all either still cowardly or sensible enough not to stage our own Arab Spring at this juncture; we need to start developing & sourcing:

I. Better problem solving skills
II. More effective dialoguing skills
III. More representative and accountable mid-level government (governors, reps, party Trustees etc)
Iv. More experienced (not aged), versatile and forward thinking national mgt team with good antecedents that will endear them to the people and encourage uncoerced cooperation from the polity (not whitewashed thieves and rebranded looters).
V. More transparent & incorruptible Party LOC's so that aspirants are vetted more rigorously bbased on their past works, comprehensive socio-economic CSR impact, personal integrity and societal goodwill enjoyed as measured via impartial indices and methods, not everybody getting hhoodwinked by stomach infrastructure and handmedowns.
Vi. Of course, we need to work on ourselves. Restoring the wholeness of the eroded Nigerian psyche is not gonna start online, it's gonna start inside each person. Ur Epiphany may not give me goose-pimples but the end point of my own musings should be the same as yours: producing a better, productive, innovative, resilient, patriotic fellow with a Nationalist heart and general goodwill for all fellow Nigerians.
vi. The list is endless sha...

So Bro, its like we just dey start o! The road to National recovery may be long but its an attainable goal.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by seguno2: 10:57am On May 23, 2016
Frankiss44:
Trust zombies to flood this thread with reasons why he needs this money.. GEJ destroyed all the basic things in Aso Rock so Baba needs to start maintenance afresh... Nigeria is broke they say, so the common man must sacrifice but not them.. Their ostentatious life must continue even if it means taxing us blind.

They wont.
Why?
See below.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2329446_2310894imageedit25559604097jpeg6207133cb2251c60c0d3e307c28d235c_jpeg43e795ffbb3dd3fc428ae16fab3b0fbd

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by berrystunn(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2016
We will hear more.

I want to be the first to say, buhari step down.
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Emmaxmusic(m): 11:16am On May 23, 2016
there is GOD ooo
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by masseratti: 11:37am On May 23, 2016
I dont know why NLC will not call for strikes on issues like this, if they use this amount to maintain the villa, how Much will it cost to build a new one, this luxurious lifestyle of the President must be resisted, thats why other leaders have being living in a cocoon.what are they maintaining in brand new cars, this is noy the change we asked for.
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by tonio2wo: 11:45am On May 23, 2016
989900B:

Is that what is stated in the article?
No! But its stated in d budget.
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by mcgaius: 11:54am On May 23, 2016
I dont know why some people think everything is all about politics.This is a man who came into power with the story of i borrowed money for my presidential ticket.H e also flew British airways to London and rejected a limo offered to him by Nigerian embassy.What really happened to him?The irrational thing about all these development is that government keep telling the masses that the country is broke and as a result heap more taxes and levies on the people while they keep living flamboyant lifestyles.Shame on all the people who saw the truth but refuse to say it.Change indeed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 23, 2016
sunnyflakes:
Nigerians have very short memory, to have forgotten so soon that President Muhammad Buhari delayed moving into Asorock after being sworn in on may 29, 2015 because of the maintenance work that was going on then.

I have no grudge whatsoever with routine maintenance. But the money involved is damn too outrageous, plus the duplication of expenditure. Nigerians which way.
I asked myself that same question too,if they actually did maintenance less that a year ago,I don't see why this amount should be needed,except they never did maintenance then

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by butterflex: 12:12pm On May 23, 2016
i am disheartened
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 23, 2016
I thought the country was broke
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by ken4jj(m): 12:45pm On May 23, 2016
Are we ever going to get a sincere leader to lead this country in our lifetime? Who will rescue this nation? Too bad

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Image123(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2016
repogirl:
They should keep siphoning money and covering it up with stúpid, redundant and irrelevant projects.

If this isn't Kwaraptian, what is?

We've been through these arguments and stats already, it's not news. What we critically need is IMPLEMENTATION of capital expenditures for once,then let's see how things go from there. You should be asking questions about your state and local government budgets, about NASS and Judiciary budget instead of the lopsided wailing.
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Image123(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2016
tonio2wo:
No,it's not.
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by 989900B: 12:56pm On May 23, 2016
tonio2wo:

Copy/link pls . . .
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by CSTR6: 12:56pm On May 23, 2016
Bari22:

from the South east and
No apology!
These are people who
page yesterday to read
comments on the
due to ear infection.
my patience reading evil
political affiliation?
I am no longer a fan of
Buhari. But anyone who
wishes him evil will be
consumed by evil.
Anyone who wishes him
When your people are gunned by soldiers under buhari's orders because they dared to peacefully protest for their UN backed right to sovereignty, come back hear and tell me about hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by BushidoBlue(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2016
tonio2wo:

You dey mind am?
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by tonio2wo: 1:16pm On May 23, 2016
989900B:

Copy/link pls . . .
Am not giving u! Do ur own research!
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by 989900B: 1:20pm On May 23, 2016
tonio2wo:

Am not giving u! Do ur own research!

Yeah right!

SMH. undecided sad
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by tonio2wo: 1:33pm On May 23, 2016
989900B:

Yeah right!

SMH. undecided sad
Yeah! If u have ur link on where its less than that why not share?
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by phemy36(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2016
I knew from d onset that this man has nothing aside that i checked his profile and not updated academically, i give kudos to my dad 4 d inf. given to me before election about buhari rein in 1984 which prevented from voting this unprepared govt. I would have cos my existence if i did. Thanks 4 my dad.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by phemy36(m): 1:39pm On May 23, 2016
I knew from d onset that this man has nothing to offer this nation than to grab power aside that i checked his profile and not updated academically, i give kudos to my dad 4 d inf. given to me before election about buhari rein in 1984 which prevented from voting this unprepared govt. I would have cos my existence if i did. Thanks 4 my dad.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by EmekaBlue(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2016
A way to loot..Thief baba...wht a stvpid president..fvck him
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by 989900B: 2:05pm On May 23, 2016
tonio2wo:

Yeah! If u have ur link on where its less than that why not share?

Why don't you read the same article you are commenting on, instead of just commenting on the heading, it is stated in it quite clearly "N103.470m is budgeted for foodstuff/catering materials supplies".

This is sad. angry sad undecided
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by VERDA: 2:37pm On May 23, 2016
EmmaOgbu:
ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS.
If GEJ is a constant, while APC is variable, and if 1year has been used for blaming; With the aid of a diagram, 1. Discuss the probability of APC blaming GEJ for the next 3 years for, i. Dollar increase ii. Fuel price increase. 2. If APC = all promises cancelled, where PMB is a constant, discuss the speed at which peoples' suffering may increase. 3. Define the term, 'Budget padding'. 4. Mention 3 types of APC propaganda you know, and how they can be used in the 21st century politics. 5. Mention five prisoners you know that were fed with N14,000 a day. 6. Mention the next 3 countries PMB will travel to after London. If PMB is silent when herdsmen kill people, but buys fighter jet when Biafra is mentioned, solve the equation in correlation to x. 8. Write short notes on these mad phrases: i. masquerade dressing. ii. importation of grass. iii. pencil production by 2017. 9. If x is chanji, and y is lies/propaganda, solve the equation, 2x + 5y = ? 10. If you used to be corrupt but now fantastically corrupt. Explain the effect of gravitational force on you.

Loool...Bro you no well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 23, 2016
solidifi:
The leopard does not change its spots.
I have said it before, Buhari is a hypocrite. Somebody like Babangida knows him too well. Obasanjo knows him too, but Obasanjo is a chameleon.

Now that his wife and children are in Aso Rock negatively influencing him, he will be more hypocritical.
His family is saying to him stop all these ours cannot be different.

When Buhari assumed office, they wanted to change his official car he said no, that what is wrong with the Mercedes car Goodluck used.
He started using that car used by Goodluck. People were like sai baba.

Now what is wrong with the official house used by Goodluck, that it will gulp 3.9b to renovate?

This is just the beginning.

Nigeria sorry o o o o o o o o o o o o.

Thesame house was even renovated before he packed. He was staying elsewhere till June/July 2015 when the renovation was completed..
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by cooldude62(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2016
Buhari smiling to the bank
Re: Buhari To Spend N3.9bn On Aso Rock Maintenance by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 23, 2016
Bari22:

from the South east and
No apology!
These are people who
page yesterday to read
comments on the
due to ear infection.
my patience reading evil
political affiliation?
I am no longer a fan of
Buhari. But anyone who
wishes him evil will be
consumed by evil.
Anyone who wishes him

I dont wish anyone evil. Only God can decide life's outcomes.

But how many foreign trips has that hypocrite cancelled before ?

Over 30 foreign countries. How many Nigerian states has he visited in one year ?

Check am, maybe 5 northern states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Pledges Improved Relationship With Nigeria / VISA Ban: Kogi Government Writes US Over Electoral Fraud Allegation / Labour Party’s Kano Central Senatorial Candidate Set To Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.