Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578724 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Naijasageblog: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
TriggerHappi:

I have one for barely a week. Pretty neat with the pack and all that. Let me know if you're still interested
why re you selling sir
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by TriggerHappi: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Naijasageblog:

why re you selling sir

The major grouse I have with this device is swift network won't work on it even if I had it unlocked. Another thing is the battery life is quite appalling. other than that the speed is beyond impressive I was getting between 23-40Mbps throughout my usage. For a even better speed hooked up the cat 5e ethernet cable that comes bundled with it directly to my PS4. I did up to 70+GB in 24hrs add that to PHCN disrupting my flow though.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by GreatSeT(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2020
Please can someone help me with the unlock code for Huawei E5172s-920
Model:
E5172s-920
SN:
M7G7SB93C1102621
IMEI:

Thanks in Advance
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by DanWord(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hello. This hynet mtn. Can someone explain more to me.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2020
This swift is now becoming an eyesore of a network. Every night the internet goes down such that I can't get any thing done at all. Every night. This is sabotage. Why pay so much and yet services are forcibly interrupted at night so downloads and live steaming can't take place? It's unfortunate these bastard service providers are ripping us off

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by meum: 1:25am On Aug 01, 2020
cris83:
This swift is now becoming an eyesore of a network. Every night the internet goes down such that I can't get any thing done at all. Every night. This is sabotage. Why pay so much and yet services are forcibly interrupted at night so downloads and live steaming can't take place? It's unfortunate these bastard service providers are ripping us off
The network is poor during the day and very poor at night. Get your account suspended(put on hold) and let It remain laidat till they do the right thing.
I thought they increased subscription costs to improve the network
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ulrich01(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2020
cris83:

Ntel part II loading...... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
The best and stable providers is MTN and Airtel and ( Glo for some areas)
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 7:09am On Aug 02, 2020
cris83:
where's your location
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 11:16am On Aug 02, 2020
purplekayc:
where's your location

Festac town
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2020
cris83:

Festac town
am currently around that area, anytime am there I have bad reception. It's the location. Which side at Festac
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2020
cris83:

Festac town

Works fine at 3rd avenue
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
cris83:
I had to waste money installing this new outdoor antenna just because of swift 4G bad network.
but now I can browse well

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

I had to waste money installing this new outdoor antenna just because of swift 4G bad network.

Then it's not a waste. It would have been a waste if it didn't work at all.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by johnolusetire97(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

How much did this cost?

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by meum: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

How well did this improve the network/speed cos I wouldn't mind getting one if the speed will be as fast as it used to be.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

how did you get this I need one
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

Bro, na which one be this abeg?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
tivta:

Then it's not a waste. It would have been a waste if it didn't work at all.
I'm sorry it's not waste jawe... and I'll explain how this one is better. This is a directional outdoor antenna, there is also one called omni directional for 360° network catch.
Now I noticed there is a spot outside my house that swift network is going as fast as before but obviously I cannot keep my router outside so this is where the antenna comes in hand you can use it to find the right spot where network is and install it there and use a long wire like dstv wires it's cheap to buy to connect to the adaptors that comes with your outdoor antenna and therefore connect to your router.. And VOILA!!! FAST INTERNET

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
johnolusetire97:

How much did this cost?

12k for the antenna and all the adaptors for your router but you'll have to buy wire seperately per yard
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
meum:

How well did this improve the network/speed cos I wouldn't mind getting one if the speed will be as fast as it used to be.

I'll advice first taking your router outside to find a spot in which you have the highest speed, I noticed that it's the penetration of swift network into houses that's really poor.
Even if you can walk outside your gate to the nearest pole and check if it would work there, so you'll know you need to buy a longer wire up to 20 or 30meters. Incase you are confused of which wire is best, it's the wire you use for dstv or gotv you need
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
purplekayc:
how did you get this I need one
Check jumia

1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
xule20:

Check jumia
I have someone inside market you can get it for 12k with the adaptors, I dont know if this jumia own will come with everything you need

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cris83: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

I have someone inside market you can get it for 12k with the adaptors, I dont know if this jumia own will come with everything you need

What speeds are you hitting after connecting an outdoor antenna?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by johnolusetire97(m): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Emmaflex400:

12k for the antenna and all the adaptors for your router but you'll have to buy wire seperately per yard

Thanks. Like how much per yard for the cable?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 3:18am On Aug 05, 2020
cris83:

What speeds are you hitting after connecting an outdoor antenna?
16mbps or 2mb/s with the antenna connected and stable network, before I couldn't even open google page during the day only at midnight it would be browsing

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Emmaflex400(m): 3:21am On Aug 05, 2020
johnolusetire97:

Thanks. Like how much per yard for the cable?
That jumia antenna comes with 10meters wire cable already but depending on your house and connection i dont know if it would be enough. And I think its 400 per yard and a yard is 5meters I'm not sure
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2020
PrettyMuchNoOne:

They have two main ones:
• The regular Hynetflex ones (with all the bronze, silver etc. tiers) - ₦7000 - ₦30000 (I think). Not really advisable because there’s a daily fup of like 3gb tongue - after which it becomes 512kbps.
• The Hynet ones - They actually come and wire up you’re house and everything - like ₦20000 for installation and ₦35000 every month undecided. Kinda expensive but has a 1tb cap. Speeds are limited to 5mbps though (but I’ve reached like three simultaneous 1080p streams with that)
So speed does not pass 5mbps?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Adex2442: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Is smile network good in benin city??

How's the speed??

And how long does their data lasts compared to mtn, glo, airtel

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.