Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (579327 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
passendi:
Huawei b525. I have personal experience. Hynetflex flex is less match to the huawei b525

What technology do they utilize I mean do they both use 4g lte
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
It has carrier aggregation
chingle5:

What technology do they utilize I mean do they both use 4g lte
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 5:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
passendi:

Sorry I don't understand what u mean can u explain more
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
Google carrier aggregation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbN1DgF60g
chingle5:

Sorry I don't understand what u mean can u explain more
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2020
passendi:
Google carrier aggregation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCbN1DgF60g

Ohhh God.... Please I don't have data for youtube video
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2020
Please explain so u don't make this argument baseless..... I can c d argument heading somewhere until u brought in something that will come and confuse the both of us undecided
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
chingle5:

Lol grin grin bad guy u wan break him heart...
though it's still a good speed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2020
Deicide:
though it's still a good speed

The fastest speed I don use for my life na when I Dey one office for unilag 10MBps the one way Dey show when u use internet download manager since then I never experience that can speed

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
If you don't have data for 2 mins video better forget it
chingle5:

Ohhh God.... Please I don't have data for youtube video

5 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
passendi:
If you don't have data for 2 mins video better forget it

If u can't explain ur 2 mins video forget it

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
It's forgotten. Because it you that will benefit from the knowledge not me. I am a busy person
chingle5:

If u can't explain ur 2 mins video forget it

7 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
passendi:
It's forgotten. Because it you that will benefit from the knowledge not me. I am a busy person

Chairman okkk I give up I will check it no vex me too I am a busy person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
No wahala,
chingle5:

Chairman okkk I give up I will check it no vex me too I am a busy person
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by WhileTrue: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2020
chingle5:

I think it is the same speed cos they both utilize same technology 4g lte

Yes the same speed but the device determines how much of that speed you can use two major factors.

1. How much network the device can draw. Router have multiple large internal antenna inside and can use many band at the same time which allow them to draw more network and can also use external antenna why they are more expensive and large in size. But because of the size of mifi that is not possible they is physically not enough space to add more stuff.

2. How fast the device can send data it receive from the network to your device and from your device to the network. download and upload speed.
The speed of the wifi in the device its self determines the upload and download speed of the device. Most Router have multiple wifi antenna in them so they can communicate faster with devices that are connected to them. on myfi not possible they is physically not enough space to add more stuff.

3. Power consumption Most Router do not try to conserve power and are able to run at full power and kill battery hence why the can use light directly. Mifi try to save power since they are portable device that should be carried around which makes them slower. lower power consumption low performance.

4. How many devices can connet to the device before it start's to slow down. A route can handle more traffic without slowing down most mifi is 10 and router can be up to 60 devices.

A myfi is slower than a router because of of does major factor's. They are also other factor but the major is the number of band and chipset on the device.

Every device have a limit to how much speed they can receive e.g
MIFI -> 54 Mbps
Wireless Router (CPE) -> 100-150 Mbps

The same is for phone highend phones are able to move at faster spend than low-budget phones becasue of the chipset of the raido inside them and how many antenna they have. The are not expensive for no reason .

Most network have multiple band and having a device that can use all the band would give you a faster speed than a device that can use one.

4 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
WhileTrue:

Yes the same speed but the device determines how much of that speed you can use two major factors.

1. How much network the device can draw. Router have multiple large internal antenna inside and can use many band at the same time which allow them to draw more network and can also use external antenna why they are more expensive and large in size. But because of the size of mifi that is not possible they is physically not enough space to add more stuff.

2. How fast the device can send data it receive from the network to your device and from your device to the network. download and upload speed.
The speed of the wifi in the device its self determines the upload and download speed of the device. Most Router have multiple wifi antenna in them so they can communicate faster with devices that are connected to them. on myfi not possible they is physically not enough space to add more stuff.

3. Power consumption Most Router do not try to conserve power and are able to run at full power and kill battery hence why the can use light directly. Mifi try to save power since they are portable device that should be carried around which makes them slower. lower power consumption low performance.

4. How many devices can connet to the device before it start's to slow down. A route can handle more traffic without slowing down most mifi is 10 and router can be up to 60 devices.

A myfi is slower than a router because of of does major factor's. They are also other factor but the major is the number of band and chipset on the device.

MIFI -> 54 Mbps

The same is for phone highend phones are able to move at faster spend than low-budget phones becasue of the chipset of the raido inside them and how many antenna they have. The are not expensive for no reason .

Most network have multiple band and having a device that can use all the band would give you a faster speed than a device that can use one.

Hmmmm very insightful please o what is ur take on this

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
WiFi is totally different from a router and they don't perform the same task. Most of the Huawei Mifi-Wifi you see is a combination of both a modem and an access point. Meanwhile a router job is to route package outside of a Local network though there are some router that are a combination of Modem, and an access point or even a Switch self. Just because they call it a router doesn't mean it is one.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2020
Deicide:
WiFi is totally different from a router and they don't perform the same task. Most of the Huawei Mifi-Wifi you see is a combination of both a modem and an access point. Meanwhile a router job is to route package outside of a Local network though there are some router that are a combination of Modem, and an access point or even a Switch self. Just because they call it a router doesn't mean it is one.

Me I am highly confuse
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2020
Deicide:

Bro I had to read what u post like 5 time to fully understand... First u said wifi I don't no whether u wanted to said mifi bt let go with wifi is nt d same with router which I totally agree with u bt note that routers also implement wifi technology within them....so in a way we can still say that they still share a similar task which is wifi technology also internet access without the use of cable and router on the other hand also implement such technology to allow internet access to users...... And I also agree with u abt the mifi being a combo of modem and access point bt what I want to say is regardless of the source or origin of the internet server bt router and mifi still share the same features of distributing the internet b it by cable or wireless
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by chingle5(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
WhileTrue:

MIFI -> 54 Mbps

Y just hold on I am still coming to u in a bit
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BigBashiru: 10:55pm On Sep 06, 2020
Pls has anyone tried any of the following:
MainOne
FibreOne
MTN FibreNet
Ipnx

Are the speeds constantly 10mbps and above or does it sometimes drop below?

Which of these networks have the best and most consistent quality?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2020
BigBashiru:
MainOne
FibreOne
MTN FibreNet
Ipnx

Are the speeds constantly 10mbps and above or does it sometimes drop below?

You mean 10MBps don't be lazy

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:09pm On Sep 06, 2020
passendi:
ZTE MF286, Branded Hynetflex by MTN, also supports Carrier aggregation. On MTN network, it's able to combine LTE band 20 and 7 in order to achieve faster speed, hence 4G+.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BigBashiru: 11:25pm On Sep 06, 2020
MainOne
FibreOne
MTN FibreNet
Ipnx

Are the speeds constantly 10Mbps and above or does it sometimes drop below?

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 12:27am On Sep 07, 2020
Why was it not fast in my locality
dustmalik:

ZTE MF286, Branded Hynetflex by MTN, also supports Carrier aggregation. On MTN network, it's able to combine LTE band 20 and 7 in order to achieve faster speed, hence 4G+.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by niyiF: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
Got my hynet today

Baba... Please where'd you get your Hynet from?
MTN offices around the island don't have it.

Thanks.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2020
niyiF:

Baba... Please where'd you get your Hynet from?
MTN offices around the island don't have it.

Thanks.
Osogbo,, from those mtn partnership dealers.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BigBashiru: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
Got my hynet today

Does it have any guaranteed Mbps?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by passendi: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2020
I can get it for you 30k ex courier fee
Ajiswaggs:
Osogbo,, from those mtn partnership dealers.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by OCTAVO: 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2020
ZTE Mf903 (Smart Bro) Mifi unboxing and overview. Watch video before buying!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB1kFHMwAb8

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BigBashiru: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2020
Technically speaking, please what is/ are the main differences between Smile, Swift and Spectranet? If say swift is down, will Smile and Spectranet also be down at the same time because they use the same technology? Please can someone shed more light on this?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Alienwarfare: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Has anyone tried VDTLTE? I won port from swift their network is shit now in my location.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Xbee007(m): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
Abeg, does anyone have idea on the cost of all these network special lines? Asking for a friend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.