Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (579746 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cleanshaven(m): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
ollah1:

Be ready to create special account for mtn

dude what do you mean ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
cleanshaven:

dude what do you mean ?

It's extremely costly

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cleanshaven(m): 6:39am On Oct 05, 2017
ollah1:

It's extremely costly
. I don't get you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 6:55am On Oct 05, 2017
I am addicted to unlimited data it seems, left ntel for a month and I felt sick lol. Back again to the sucky network but just gimme my unlimited access.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by cleanshaven(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2017
LordReed:
I am addicted to unlimited data it seems, left ntel for a month and I felt sick lol. Back again to the sucky network but just gimme my unlimited access.
how is their service now,Any improvement ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
cleanshaven:

Yeah just a bit, the constant drop offs seem to have lessened considerably but still occurs. What I still hate is the increased ping times. I used to get ping times of around 120-150ms now you get over 200ms ping times, it sucks for gaming and streaming.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

Call them, that's what I did
it's for 10pm to 6am. Their service is poor.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
PoisonedOne:
it's for 10pm to 6am. Their service is poor.
steady 1mb is not bad in my area... But mtn has better service
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
steady 1mb is not bad in my area... But mtn has better service
lucky you. I couldn't use mine after testing them,it only worked averagely for a day and stopped working even with full 4g signal. Maybe I will try it tomorrow with the #500 2days night browsing to ascertain the performance before wasting my money.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
PoisonedOne:
lucky you. I couldn't use mine after testing them,it only worked averagely for a day and stopped working even with full 4g signal. Maybe I will try it tomorrow with the #500 2days night browsing to ascertain the performance before wasting my money.
with full signal.. Which device are u using
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
LordReed:

Yeah just a bit, the constant drop offs seem to have lessened considerably but still occurs. What I still hate is the increased ping times. I used to get ping times of around 120-150ms now you get over 200ms ping times, it sucks for gaming and streaming.

I used to have to battle with humongous ping times, especially when ntel was used exclusively via a E5372. I then remembered that, in some cases/with some areas, the DNS used could make a huge difference.

With the aid of the "DNS Benchmark" tool (PC,) I figured out the fastest ones for my current spot on this planet earth, lol.

My current ping hovers around 18ms on my Bluboo Xtouch, or over WiFi from it. I've attached a screen shot from a few minutes ago, along with it's associated history. (The 123ms aberration was when I tried out what Glo's 4G over its native E5773 — and its own benchmarked DNS — currently does in my crib.)

P34c3

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LordReed(m): 5:59am On Oct 06, 2017
duwdu:

I used to have to battle with humongous ping times, especially when ntel was used exclusively via a E5372. I then remembered that, in some cases/with some areas, the DNS used could make a huge difference.

With the aid of the "DNS Benchmark" tool (PC,) I figured out the fastest ones for my current spot on this planet earth, lol.

My current ping hovers around 18ms on my Bluboo Xtouch, or over WiFi from it. I've attached a screen shot from a few minutes ago, along with it's associated history. (The 123ms aberration was when I tried out what Glo's 4G over its native E5773 — and its own benchmarked DNS — currently does in my crib.)

P34c3

Wow! Gonna give this a shot.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 06, 2017
LordReed:

Wow! Gonna give this a shot.

Download DNS jumper.

Thats what I use.

Ntel is weird I swear.

I mostly use Google public DNS
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 10:36am On Oct 06, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
with full signal.. Which device are u using
I use unlocked swift 4G mifi. I saw someone brought his to their office to be configured and I questioned him about it and he said he has been using it with Ntel for long. That was why I started using it with mine.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 06, 2017
PoisonedOne:
I use unlocked swift 4G mifi. I saw someone brought his to their office to be configured and I questioned him about it and he said he has been using it with Ntel for long. That was why I started using it with mine.
But getting full bar without corresponding speed that is why I asked.. When I get full bar here the speed always moves to 1.5mb/s but me think your problem is coming from the device u are using try a phone with 4g and know the difference.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 06, 2017
duwdu:

P34c3

Bro, pls kindly write in "English"
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

But getting full bar without corresponding speed that is why I asked.. When I get full bar here the speed always moves to 1.5mb/s but me think your problem is coming from the device u are using try a phone with 4g and know the difference.
it browsed that night (though the speed wasn't anything special) then later stopped working that was when I though I've no signal but surprised that the signal is full. It's even faster in my office with 2 bars or so.

I will try a phone later, did you designate a particular phone for Ntel? Or u use a 2 sim phone?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by PoisonedOne: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2017
ollah1:

I think say na only me confuse. I been don reader am b4, I no understand, I come turn my phone upside down to read maybe to check if my brain is playing tricks but I still no understand. smiley

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
PoisonedOne:
it browsed that night (though the speed wasn't anything special) then later stopped working that was when I though I've no signal but surprised that the signal is full. It's even faster in my office with 2 bars or so.

I will try a phone later, did you designate a particular phone for Ntel? Or u use a 2 sim phone?
2 sim phone but do use only the ntel sim In the night
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iconmichael: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
cleanshaven:

LOL!! Yes they are 10x faster, see screen shot. I had to hot spot my phone on MTN network just to send this post. Switching back to the joys of ntel shortly. Me and cheap unlimited data. May God bless my hustle. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

True that,I had similar experience with my swift modem,had to get another one so I can be able to use ntel.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hmnnn.

I don't have any movies for the weekend, so I said let me check here o, maybe there hope even if it's night plan

But alas, it appyas I wee be better off buying suya.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SacBag(m): 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
duwdu:

P34c3
Mr, does this in anyway affect download speed? I'd like to know the overall implication of a lesser ping time if you'll be so kind as to explain. Thank you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
ollah1:

Pls + kindly dey enuf to spin man head o; so wait abeg, ah dey com. grin

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
SacBag:

Mr, does this in anyway affect download speed? I'd like to know the overall implication of a lesser ping time if you'll be so kind as to explain. Thank you

Ping time does not have any effect on attainable download speeds.

The lower ping is, however, the easier it is to receive live content without buffering. Examples of live contents are: real time TV broadcasts, and playing games over a network.

Hope that helps a bit.

You can learn more from the various answers given here: https://www.quora.com/How-is-ping-related-to-download-upload-speed

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
NTEL is just hell bent on frustrating "their" life not my own. For the past 3 weeks, I can hardly say there was a full day in which I really enjoyed their network. Some days I restart my Mifi up to 30 times. Either No Service, or you'll see full bars bit unable to browse. It's just the unlimited thing keeping me with them, honestly. Abeg what's the alternative, Abuja peeps?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2017
Only thing swift about swift last 24 hrs is their name angry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SacBag(m): 1:53am On Oct 07, 2017
duwdu:

Ping time does not have any effect on attainable download speeds.

The lower ping is, however, the easier it is to receive live content without buffering. Examples of live contents are: real time TV broadcasts, and playing games over a network.

Hope that helps a bit.

You can learn more from the various answers given here: https://www.quora.com/How-is-ping-related-to-download-upload-speed

P34c3
thanks sir... makes sense
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 4:10am On Oct 07, 2017
Swift 4G LTE Tonight....

Unlimited matters... the speed will not let me sleep... dunno what to Download again sad

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by wintersnow(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2017
Chuk77:

Port Harcourt

Where exactly in port Harcourt, cause I plan on getting the Sim this week
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by themonk(m): 7:59am On Oct 07, 2017
iconmichael:

LOL!! Yes they are 10x faster, see screen shot. I had to hot spot my phone on MTN network just to send this post. Switching back to the joys of ntel shortly. Me and cheap unlimited data. May God bless my hustle. grin grin grin
Please how much do you pay for ntel unlimited?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2017
nani667:
Swift 4G LTE Tonight....

Unlimited matters... the speed will not let me sleep... dunno what to Download again sad

Will do a complain to them. Because they gave me 80gb bonus does not justify the tourtue. I stopped MTN on 2nd and everyone is already complaining. Had to hotspot my MTN.

What modem are you using? They've been touting this dual band modem of recent that it gets both of their bands (incase I need to change my modem as well for better speed). I use E5776.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.