Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

7 Reasons To Password Your Devices - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices (20803 Views)

Are You Using The Right Charger For Your Devices? / 5 Reasons You Should Password Your Device / 7 Reasons You Should Use Airtel Night Plan Over MTN Night Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by jheed: 5:09pm On May 23, 2016
Nice I actually agree with u but it has some disadvantages
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by unite4real: 5:13pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:
Let me give u 1 reason y u should not password ur phone.

A guy in my area had accident, his phone was not on password, dat is how der check his last call. And locate his pple,. No body knws him in d scene....

God forbid, incase of emergency, who password go epp??

you can password all apps including your videos, pictures, chat and other social media sites while leaving you phone contacts open. thats exactly how i did mine. You can use my phone to make calls unrestricted but you cant check my sms, whatsapp, facebook, pictures and videos etc
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by lordsharks(m): 5:15pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:

A guy in my area had accident, his phone was not on password, dat is how der check his last call. And locate his pple,. No body knws him in d scene....

It happened near my area but we removed d victims SimCrd and inserted it in another phone to call his ppl
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by MadCow1: 5:16pm On May 23, 2016
Nosy Girlfriends .. angry
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by gajerian(m): 5:16pm On May 23, 2016
Opistorincos:
cool points

What of if someone involved in an accident and they want to contact his relatives, Just thinking
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 23, 2016
as per theft, password can't help cos the thief will flash d phone, as a sharp guy i use lookout anti-virus to secure my phone
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by gfullmoon(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:

So long as your phone is on. Those loved ones could still call for the helper to update them. If you have sensitive materials in your device, It's advisable to use pin lock.
Even Nigerian Police after ceasing your phone upon arrest either legally or illegally secret goes through your mobile Bank alerts upon arrest to know how much to place on your head for your bail out.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 23, 2016
unite4real:

you can password all apps including your videos, pictures, chat and other social media sites while leaving you phone contacts open. thats exactly how i did mine. You can use my phone to make calls unrestricted but you cant check my sms, whatsapp, facebook, pictures and videos etc
it is possible to check your sms and all

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Fearcom(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:

That's why I have two phones-the other is a cheap, non-camera phone that's strong and durable with long battery life and always loaded with credit

MODIFIED: who u epp? You don baff grin
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by tobex23(m): 5:37pm On May 23, 2016
Eagul:

This is the best option..There is this app I use SmatrAppslock to lock selected apps minus contacts and dialer

OP please take note, In case of emergency, those points become invalid

You are the best!! I have downloaded that which you recommended now, and I can't seem to stop smiling grin thanks so much for speaking out. I love the app.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Rick9(m): 5:39pm On May 23, 2016
I don't allow anybody to touch my fone
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by laprince(m): 5:41pm On May 23, 2016
Chrisx1x:
thats true,i think you made a reasonable point there

You can remove the sim and place it in another phone to check his contacts. That's if the said person didn't lock the sim.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Bueze95(m): 5:50pm On May 23, 2016
Stevosty:
in case of emergency the 112 and 911 are not password protected, later the police can get into the phone.

abeg which country u dy?! 911 or 112 dy work for naija?!
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Maxvasia(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2016
Hmmm. author=Chrisx1x post=45894563]thats true,i think you hmmmmade a reasonable point there[/quote]
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by freezyprinzy(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2016
Guyman02:
I dont password everything in my phone, I use an APP to lock things like Message, Whatsapp, BBM, Contacts, Yahoo, Facebook etc but leave my PHONE open to receive and make calls.
So many people have lost their phones because people who picked it up cannot answer calls to tell them how to come and collect it.
wat app are u using
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2016
tobex23:

You are the best!! I have downloaded that which you recommended now, and I can't seem to stop smiling grin thanks so much for speaking out. I love the app.

You're welcome bro

It's actually simple & very easy to use.. Just to choose a pattern and it's all set
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Guyman02: 6:17pm On May 23, 2016
freezyprinzy:
wat app are u using

Smart AppLock. It is free on google play store
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Ekakamba: 6:19pm On May 23, 2016
seriously? Oboi na 9ja be this o
Stevosty:
in case of emergency the 112 and 911 are not password protected, later the police can get into the phone.
undecided
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by kajoula(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2016
Most Naija babe do password phone's like their life secret is behind the locks ..... grin

Y'all need to see just one unfaithful babe...

Theft is one major reason why people password phone but if anyone steal my phone ,whoever steal it can never make use of it
(Iphone 'Icloud"wink thats one good feature i like about the phone.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by emekajerry: 6:42pm On May 23, 2016
dat password tyn na stress sef for me....imagine having to unlock my fone after evri 5-10mints of dormancy or pesin hold ur fone d nex tyn na "ur fine done lock unlock am". e deh tire me die
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Opistorincos(m): 6:50pm On May 23, 2016
gajerian:

What of if someone involved in an accident and they want to contact his relatives, Just thinking
you have a point bro... op come and see o
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by 2rucool(m): 7:05pm On May 23, 2016
unite4real:

Same way I did mine
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by vivavik(f): 7:07pm On May 23, 2016
That's why u need to have a vault. For explicit pics, videos and what have u. Even ur account details aren't left out, u can lock them all away in ur vault. Thank me later.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by unite4real: 7:11pm On May 23, 2016
bjhaid:
it is possible to check your sms and all

you cant check my sms. my sms go into private box which requires PIN to open. Thats how it has been with me.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Dalyjay(m): 7:31pm On May 23, 2016
sadhaha.. but am sorry to say this.. before you open my phone u need to type two password and unlock three pattern for any app u need to type three password, two password and a fingerprint sadhaha.. but am sorry to say this.. before you open my phone u need to type two password and unlock three pattern for any app u need to type three password, two password and a fingerprint
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by MVLOX(m): 7:31pm On May 23, 2016
True but I still believe that anything that is lock away is bad or not pleasant for the eyes to see.....the best is to restrict and keep ur phone to urself...afta who dey vex say u no wan release ur phone should knw its ur personal property and not for public use and for entertainment
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by podoski1981(m): 7:41pm On May 23, 2016
Simply use app locker,den use d normal fone keylock wch doesn't require password to lock d fone so dat at a slid 1 cn access ur unlock app esp contact list incase of emergency. My own app locker can snap any intruder dat guess my password twice
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Ifebazz(m): 8:16pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:

This is a one off case (of which we don't pray for). There're always ways to either identify or reach relatives. When you get mugged and realise that you just sent sensitive information via your phone and it's not locked, you won't find it funny bro.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Ifebazz(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2016
emekajerry:
dat password tyn na stress sef for me....imagine having to unlock my fone after evri 5-10mints of dormancy or pesin hold ur fone d nex tyn na "ur fine done lock unlock am". e deh tire me die
Mine locks 1 minute interval. It's easier these days that you don't have to type in the password but draw patterns or swipe in certain directions.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Safemode(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2016
kingDELE:

passwords are meant for privacy protection.
accidents occur, yeah. but people who only password details like msg, documents etc are free during accidents which u mentioned.
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Ifebazz(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2016
bjhaid:
as per theft, password can't help cos the thief will flash d phone, as a sharp guy i use lookout anti-virus to secure my phone
You don't get it do you? A thief will always flash the phone to use it, but if it is open he could get access to some very private information you would mind strangers seeing. How else do you think many sex videos get leaked on the Internet?
Re: 7 Reasons To Password Your Devices by Ifebazz(m): 8:32pm On May 23, 2016
jheed:
Nice I actually agree with u but it has some disadvantages
Of course in life, everything has its pros and cons.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask Me Any Question About Tecno L8+ / Itel P37: First Impressions And Unboxing / Opera Mod 2.06 On Nokia 2626

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.