Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,957 members, 7,866,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Okorocha Threatens Imo State Workers, Attacks PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Threatens Imo State Workers, Attacks PDP (512 Views)

Buhari Is Not Our Sole Candidate - APC, Attacks PDP / Policemen Watch As APC Thug Attacks PDP Supporter Wit Axe Edo Tribunal Hearing( / Ekiti State Workers Suspend Strike, Sign Agreement With Govt(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Threatens Imo State Workers, Attacks PDP by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 23, 2016
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, who also doubles as the Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors' Forum, yesterday during a meeting with journalists declared total support for the Buhari-led presidency. However, he lashed out on workers and main opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Okorocha, while addressing the press said he has no doubt that Muhammadu Buhari will succeed saying that everything he discussed with the president is captured in the 2016 budget. This shows the degree of power and influence the governor has in the current administration. In his words, “I have no doubt in my mind that the old man (Buhari) will succeed. All I pleaded with Buhari to capture in the current fiscal year are in the budget. I want to assure Ndigbo that all that are due to us will definitely get to us.”

However, while responding to a question on the current dispute between him and his state labour force with particular emphasis on the new pump price of N145 and four months salaries they are owed, he said he has no issue with the 70:30 ratio agreement with labour, although he vowed that if workers fail to accept their salaries based on the agreement reached, the salaries will be diverted into other projects.

The governor said: “Pension and internally generated revenue, IGR, are serious problems for me. Only recently, I ordered all the Board of Internal Revenue officers to go on leave, but they have written to say it was unconstitutional to ask all officers to go on leave.”

Okorocha, while also attacking the main opposition party in the country, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its leadership at both the national and state levels, revealed that there is no single reliable individual whom he can trust or work with.

Source: http://www.newslivecasts.com/2016/05/okorocha-threatens-imo-workers-.html

Re: Okorocha Threatens Imo State Workers, Attacks PDP by Mekus68: 3:17pm On May 23, 2016
No governor can threaten the workers, unless there's nothing like Labour Union in such state, or country.
Therefor, this is mere talk as long as I'm concerned.

If at all it's true.
Re: Okorocha Threatens Imo State Workers, Attacks PDP by sdindan: 3:30pm On May 23, 2016
Useless Governor of the year
Nonsense!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria; Who Are The True Betrayers? Historical Facts / States Endorse 22-point Fiscal Action Plan,FG Makes Aid 2 States Conditional(Pix / Buhari Should Be Very Tactical Or Risk Raising More Militants For The Avengers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.