Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie (1449 Views)

Ebube Nwagbo Is Doing This To Pete Edochie (photo) / Linc Vs Yul, Who Resembles Pete Edochie More? / Cossy Orjiakor Meets Pete Edochie (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by naijasaba(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2009
Ace Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, on Tuesday, said his kidnappers told him that he was seized in protest of the obscene display of Nigeria’s stolen wealth by politicians.

Edochie, in an interview monitored on the AIT on Tuesday afternoon, said he was well treated by his captors for the 24 hours he was with them, noting that his kidnappers accorded him much respect and dignity.

He revealed his kidnappers told him they were not happy with the situation in the country. He said they told him that they were into the criminal act because they wanted to get their own share of the wealth being displayed by politicians. He said the kidnappers stated that although, people were repulsed by the act of seizing people, there was nothing else they could do.

He said they refrained from shooting victims to show Nigerians that they were just focused on making money and not taking lives. Edochie, who said they were youngmen, said he was grateful to them for the respect they accorded him.

He appreciated Nigerians for the concern during his captivity, saying he had to switch off his phone because he was feeling pains in both ears from taking calls.
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
what about the people who were murdered during the process of kidnapping him?

Is this true, and if so, were they wealthy politicians?
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by TheSeeker(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2009
I knew his incantation would make him go through that hurdle grin You can count on Pete's magic anytime
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by bydot1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2009
A movie to come on kidnapping soon, naija!
Re: Why I Was Kidnapped - Pete Edochie by gold4u(f): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2009
*lafin* u re rite@by.dot der is gonna b a movie on it

(1) (Reply)

Wth! Waje And Munachi Messing Around? / Advice For I Go Dye. No Offence. / Uche Jombo Premieres First Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.