Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed (10639 Views)

Fani-kayode Commends Buhari For Suspending FRC Code / Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption / Ondo Labor Leaders Received ‘threat’ Messages For Suspending 30-day Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by iflywithbuhari(f): 10:57pm On May 23, 2016
The Federal Government has praised the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) for suspending its five-day-old strike.

The Ayuba Wabba-led NLC had embarked on a nationwide strike on May 18 to protest government’s decision to increase the pump price of petrol from N86.50 to N145.00.

The Minister for Information, Culture and Tourism, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who gave the commendation on the sideline of an interactive session with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Lagos on Monday, said the suspension of the strike was a win-win situation for Nigeria.

“Nigeria has won, and I want to take this opportunity to thank the NLC for reconsidering their position and agreeing to join us in negotiation.
“So, it is not who has won, but (it is) Nigeria that has won.’’

He expressed the Federal Government‘s commitment to actualising its change agenda through sustained communication between it and Nigerians.
According to him, stakeholders’ meetings will further enhance information flow between government and the citizenry.

“There is nothing like the government continuously engaging the people; you notice that we started this about a month or so ago when we started with our town hall meetings.
“We started in Lagos, moved to Kaduna; we will be in Kano on Friday.

“We have also been meeting with sectoral groups; we’ve met with the Newspapers Proprietors Association of Nigeria); we are going to meet with the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission.
“I believe that it is the beginning of trying to bridge the gap between the governed and the government and it is extremely fruitful.

“We’ve heard you, and learnt a lot as well; but more importantly is that we’ve been able to explain to you why certain actions were taken.”
The minister further said that his ministry would hold quarterly meetings with the CSOs in order to engage Nigerians on national issues.
“This is not going to be a one-of engagement.
“The next time we (will) come with three or four ministers, depending on what issues are prevalent.’’

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/23/fg-praises-nlc-for-suspending-strike/

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Mologi(m): 12:05am On May 24, 2016
Its LIE again....

2 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Segadem(m): 4:38am On May 24, 2016
Was there any? Me wey i dhey hapi say I go have unconstitutional three days holiday but the strike no dhey happen here.
In Orubebe's voice we no go gree, the strike must go round all the states. grin grin
grin
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by ZUBY77(m): 4:57am On May 24, 2016
We are hungry to protest.
No fuel to read news.
No tomato to cook food.
No money.
No light.

How does one protest with empty stomach.

You are the Federal Government and NLC rolled together.
You can do whatever you want up there.
It's only 3 years remaining.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by chriskosherbal(m): 5:57am On May 24, 2016
Both of them should go to the negotiating table and resolve this issue once and for all.

1 Like

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by TPAND(f): 6:13am On May 24, 2016
Was there strike before.

All I experienced was some sets of Ghana must-go parading fools, calling for a strike despite the fact the citizens are in full-support of subsidy removal.
NLC next time use your head

3 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by marycool18(f): 8:01am On May 24, 2016
Lol, only in Nigeria

We can be funny for Africa eh! cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by omolola15(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2016
Winner o o o winner. Winner o o o winner. FG e don win ooooo winner pata pata dem go shame the wailers winner.

Who remembered this song?

Yeye nlc with their feather weight strike.

2 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by omogin(f): 8:02am On May 24, 2016
For eating and cleaning mouth like oshiomole abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Aare2050(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2016
coming from the lie man himself.

oh! God of creation......

where at thou

these people are degrading your handwork with their selfish interest.

come rescue the poor innocent citizen of this nation......

2 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by lilprinze: 8:02am On May 24, 2016
NLC is a scam

1 Like

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by 9jii(m): 8:03am On May 24, 2016
Wailers walk of shame
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by adexsimply(m): 8:04am On May 24, 2016
Was there a strike? I was not aware
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by lilprinze: 8:04am On May 24, 2016
NLC are bunch of Useless hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Exponental(m): 8:04am On May 24, 2016
Praise or mock.... Another lie!
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by adren(m): 8:05am On May 24, 2016
Strike weyn no pull crowd.. Na holiday for me ooo.. I dey my crib dey watch JUMONG..

Abeg, who sabi when NYSC go call stream 2??

2 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:05am On May 24, 2016
There was never a strike in the first place

1 Like

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by sirwilly1(m): 8:05am On May 24, 2016
No 6-month jail term again? Rubbish people
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by alitatta: 8:06am On May 24, 2016

2 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:06am On May 24, 2016
kudos to NLC for suspending d strike
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Longevo(m): 8:06am On May 24, 2016
NLC and TUC have disappoint Nigerians
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by pendusky(m): 8:07am On May 24, 2016
Stomach Infrastructure! grin

Now let hear about the new Minimum wages...
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by DesChyko: 8:07am On May 24, 2016
Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2016
Is F.G praising NLC for suspending strike or is FG praising NLC for taking the token it offered to them to suspend the strike? I think every news should have a better HEADLINE
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by MadCow1: 8:12am On May 24, 2016
You mean we have been on strike?
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by timilehin007(m): 8:14am On May 24, 2016
adren:
Strike weyn no pull crowd.. Na holiday for me ooo.. I dey my crib dey watch JUMONG..

Abeg, who sabi when NYSC go call stream 2??
. Tayed
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Firefire(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2016
APC, the government of divine and rule.

Invite Waba led strong faction for worker's day rally, negotiate with Ojoro Ajero weak faction, turn around to praise Waba faction for suspending strike. Chai, Devil is envious of APC.
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by nepapole(m): 8:19am On May 24, 2016
So they even struck
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Frank3n2(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2016
k

3 Likes

Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Ayanfe29(f): 8:27am On May 24, 2016
FG and DG nysc should focus on our issue, I mean Batch A, Stream two and attend to us ASAP! We are tired of being idle. #WeDeserveToKnowTheTruth
Re: FG Praises NLC For Suspending Strike- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:35am On May 24, 2016
I'm glad dat Ish is over.. Wen hungry dey flog everybody for left Nash.. Sun dey shave ya forehead.. NLC is a big fraud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Vacates Interim Forfeiture Order On Ekweremadu's Properties, Berates EFCC / 2023 Northern Nigeria Peace Conference Ends, Top Personalities Honored (Photos) / Fayose At Thanksgiving Service In Commemoration Of His 2nd Year In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.