Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,872 members, 7,956,298 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain (1967 Views)

Why Is My Female Boerboel Dog Releasing A Mucus Like Substance From Her Vagina?. / Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2016
Goddday to I'll..I know what am about to say might sound funny/weird,but its the truth.
this is not the first time she has done it@that is releasing her self when chained,I don't normally chain her cause she is always in her crib all d time,but every morning I do chain her so I would be able to clean her crib peacefully.
Well long story short,it all started a week ago,I chained her,after ten mins,I came out and saw her barking at a stranger at d next building,I was. shocked,I taught it was one of my pals that released her but to my surprise, it wasnt them,same thing happened yesterday and also today,this time around i was peeping at her through d window and saw when she was dragging d chain hook off her neck and released her self and sat at d particular spot I had chained her.
one thing that worries me is, what if I chain her and leave,and she does same thing and a visitor gets in,the most scary part is that when she removes her self from d bondage,she smartly sits at that particular spot ,and when someone passes,she jumps at them scaring the living sh*t out of them.
she's roughly 8/9 mnths and hyper aggressive (the way I want her to be)
pics of her below,that's not current pix,the pix was taken when she was still recovering from illness
guyz I want to know your say on these

Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by NiRfreak(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2016
You want us to say is the work of ghost?.....or the dog is a spirit?.....
The dog does not even have a collar......let him try that with a good collar and strong chain...Op go and sleep

1 Like

Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 9:37am On May 24, 2016
NiRfreak:
You want us to say is the work of ghost?.....or the dog is a spirit?.....
The dog does not even have a collar......let him try that with a good collar and strong chain...Op go and sleep
please please please!!! this is for people who know sumth about dogs,and if u read d post I said that d pix was taken when she was 7 mnths that was when she was still recovering from illness,and ho told u d dog has no collar on.better mind ur bizness
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by Emmysteve(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2016
Change her chain and see if she would unchained it. By the way, the chain you're using on her might be faulty.
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2016
Emmysteve:
Change her chain and see if she would unchained it. By the way, the chain you're using on her might be faulty.
I did that long before now,if d collar is remove from her neck and I put only d chain,she finds it difficult to remove it,but if d collar is on,and u put a chain on it,it makes it easier for her to unhook it.
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by uchpanila(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2016
how exactly does this happen, cutting the chain, unhooking the chain from the collar, unhooking the collar or pulling till the collar is off the neck, which one of these?
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
uchpanila:
how exactly does this happen, cutting the chain, unhooking the chain from the collar, unhooking the collar or pulling till the collar is off the neck, which one of these?

YA!! she unhooks it from d collar,I'm planing on putting a camera d next time I chain her,for u guys to see,but d p is that it takes time for her to get it unhooked,making a video might be longer and boring.
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by uchpanila(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2016
miremoses:
YA!! she unhooks it from d collar,I'm planing on putting a camera d next time I chain her,for u guys to see,but d p is that it takes time for her to get it unhooked,making a video might be longer and boring.

check the chain or the collar, it might be loose, not properly fixed or bad. unhooking the chain from the collar, Hmmm don't think it's possible, the mouth can't reach the next or any of the legs comfortably reaching the neck if not scratching with the hind legs so how come or she scratches till the hook is off (which means the chain hook is bad) even if he video is very long edit it to the mark she does the unhooking.

1 Like

Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by JustShizzy(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2016
Its happens sometimes that means ur dog uses thesame technique to unhook itself all u have to do is get a choke collar and steel chain. My dog does that but i found a way round it.
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by atoleybaba(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2016
My female rott does d same too....maybe d chain was not tighten to her neck properly....make d chain tight in a way her head won't be able to pass thru

1 Like

Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2016
JustShizzy:
Its happens sometimes that means ur dog uses thesame technique to unhook itself all u have to do is get a choke collar and steel chain. My dog does that but i found a way round it.
k,she did same thing today, I plan on getting a new leash and collar for her tomorrow, den if she z able to free her self again,then I will take her to TB JOSHUA. lol
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by miremoses(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2016
atoleybaba:
My female rott does d same too....maybe d chain was not tighten to her neck properly....make d chain tight in a way her head won't be able to pass thru
sure,I will do that..d dog is just to smart for me,I'm getting her a new leash
Re: Ever heard of a Dog Releasing itself when Chain by WitchOhio: 5:07am On May 28, 2022
I found this on search, I have a Shibrador and he does the same thing. I've changed the hook 3 times but he's done it 4 times this week. Unreal how smart he is. I had another black lab previously that did it too! What is a good hook

(1) (Reply)

Monster Head Pitbull Pups For Sale...both Sex Available / 3month Male Neapo Mastiff Available. / My Pack Attack And Defense Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.