Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ogun, Amosun And The Nemesis Of Collapse Building - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ogun, Amosun And The Nemesis Of Collapse Building (428 Views)

Avoid building collapse: BUILDING CONSULTANCY THREAD / Amosun At The Scene Of Collapsed Shopping Complex In Abeokuta / Lekki Gardens Releases Statement On Collapse Building that killed 18 in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun, Amosun And The Nemesis Of Collapse Building by ComradeWesto(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2016
OGUN, AMOSUN AND THE NEMESIS OF COLLAPSE BUILDING

- By; Westo Adekunle Adejumo

Today, Tuesday, 24th of May, 2016 will make it one week and 4days that the ugly incident somewhere around Itoku Market occurred, where government Ultra Modern Market buildings of about 68rooms suddenly collapsed, which recorded one death, while scores were injured.

Fellow citizens of Ogun state, it is highly disheartening that up till this moment, the State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun could ignore and keep off from the family of the deceased and the injured since the dastard incident had happened.

Though, I have deliberately kept off my eyes from the ills and polity of governor Amosun in recent time, having observed some high level of inhumane policies among many other unworthy projects that has no direct impact on the common masses. I always felt bad at some youth’s response and comments on Social Media and other medium respectively, over several actions and inaction of Governor Amosun, which is not in tandem with the philosophy Ogun state and cries of the common masses, but issues of this nature cannot be overlooked, except we don’t want to be sincere with ourselves.

Thursday 19th and Friday 20th of May, 2016 were another memorable day I will never forget in a jiffy, and I know that some will not also forget, especially the affected families of this unpleasant incident. I could not stop my emotion as tears of pain rolled down my cheeks as I watched and listened to many comments made by those affected during an avid visit with the UPN governorship candidate, Otunba Rotimi Paseda and other sympathisers to the site of the incident and the home of the deceased, late Mrs. Noimot Oloponda, omo Wurimotu.

This incident has also made some common masses within the environment destabilized, while many were devastated and many are still mentally traumatized because, they lost a friend, colleague, lovely family member, a mother or a bread winner in the family. (An expression of thought by a Marxist, Mr Ayorinde Olajide, while narrating their ordeal to Otunba Rotimi Paseda at the site of the incident).

Funny enough, rather for Governor Amosun to show some sense of human and extend his kindness and gesture to the family of the deceased and others that were affected either wittingly or unwittingly, he further proposed to pull down some buildings around the environment where the incident happened at Igbore Community for reason best know to him. Why again? I asked.

Lest I forget, the collapsed four storey government Ultra Modern Market buildings of about 68rooms was allegedly given to one Chief Mrs Alaba Lawson (the Iyalode of Egba Yoruba Land, and the Chairman, Governing Council, MAPOLY), who later gave the building contract to her son and some local contractors. Could this be the reason why Governor Amosun had to let go off further investigation on the cause of the sudden collapsed of the said building or what could have caused the misshaped? I asked again.

Well, while I keep my mind with the family of the deceased, I still wish I can provide answers to the following:

- Can the loopholes ever be filled by another person because; the role of a mother can never be totally replaced, especially in a situation like this, where two under aged children are left behind by the deceased?

- What becomes the hope of the children left behind by the deceased?

- What becomes the hope of the family of the deceased whose life was cut short from this ugly and aching incident?

- Could Governor Amosun have ignored the family of the deceased deliberately because it happened to a commoner?

I will continue to sincerely appreciate the governorship candidate of UPN, and my Principal, Olatunde Rotimi Paseda, who has taken his time out of no time to visit and support the affected families and community members.

I hereby implore others to imbibe the spirit of oneness and show love to the family of the deceased and other people that were affected because they really need our help.

I also want to charge the good people of Ogun state to call on Governor Amosun in the way and tone he understands for necessary compensation to be done to the family of the deceased and others that were affected, and charge the handlers of the collapsed building accordingly, because, IF OUR GOVERNOR’S LIFE HAD BEEN CUT SHORT AS SUCH, HE WOULD NEVER BE A GOVERNOR TODAY.

Thank you all for reading. I RISE… Comrade Westo.

(1) (Reply)

100 Plots Presently Available In Imo State / 2 Plots Of Fenced Land Facing Express @ Kajola/ Ibeju Lekki / Looking To Relocate To Maryland Estate Ikeja As Soon As Possible? Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.